+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Barber Shops in 1.9?! Link inside

Default Barber Shops in 1.9?! Link inside

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06...on-and-beyond/

Yes, barber shops are coming to Telara. While Trion admits that they could have held the feature back, it was decided that barber shops were a cool feature that is more easily implemented than other features. One of the things we were told is that features that take a lot time, resources, or need new technology developed are seen more as expansion features than patch features. Think about that for a moment: RIFT players have gotten an appearance tab, fishing, world PvP dailies and rifts, and three-faction PvP just in monthly updates, while other games tend to save this sort of thing for expansions.
    I'm hoping the phrasing isn't wrong and it is coming out a little later this month. Big news for everyone!

Did anyone else read this and say,

"FINALLY!"

?

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

I know I certainly did.

If anyone has any questions about my original post, the answer is "Yes". Massively apparently attended an event with Trion either today or yesterday and dug up the information. It appears barber shops will be here in 1.9

I find it strange that they would implement without testing - i will be the happiest person if it goes in 1.9 though
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by faye007 View Post
    I find it strange that they would implement without testing - i will be the happiest person if it goes in 1.9 though
    1.9 still has at least two weeks for going live, three if they pushed it back one week like they did 1.8

Finally indeed! Why on earth would they even consider holding back on their most-requested feature that they said many months ago was being implemented? Let's hope this is for real. I'm going to really hate being disappointed again (as many of us are when character re-customization is a no-show each patch).

Now, can we please get rid of the greasy hair look while we are at it? It's nauseating.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Damn patch 1.9 is getting more and more exciting.

aux

Ah, a barber shop is finally "in store" for us eh? \o/
    I'm so BORED

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

The cat's out of the bag!

Coming in RIFT 1.9 - the latest in Massive Dynamic Content, you've asked for it and you've got it:

As if Mentoring, more Instant Adventure, Summerfest, Primeval Feast (a 10-man Sliver), oh - and Conquest, aren't enough... we're also in the process of tripling the size of Telara, and that means brand new dungeons, raids, zone events, including new stuff like Dimensions, Rift Hunts, Capes, and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting from Storm Legion!

Thanks for letting us have so much fun

And before you ask - yes, they're Barber-Surgeons, hahaha.
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-07-2012 at 10:13 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    The cat's out of the bag!

Coming in RIFT 1.9 - the latest in Massive Dynamic Content, you've asked for it and you've got it:

As if Mentoring, more Instant Adventure, Summerfest, a 10-man Sliver, oh - and Conquest, aren't enough... we're also in the process of tripling the size of Telara, and that means brand new dungeons, raids, zone events, including new stuff like Dimensions, Rift Hunts, Capes, and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting!

I love you! *tacklehugs*

.. Oh and the rest of the team

This is like, the best thing ever!
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Yay, I don't have to look like a bald vampire anymore!
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Thanks for confirming Elrar!

Oh, and if anyone is interested in the real-life history of barber's, look it up. They were the surgeons before there was a surgeon profession invented. ;) They didn't just cut hair. Makes perfect sense!

Soulwalker

Yay! Hopefully we wil get some more customization options sometime too, but for now barber shops are still a great additon!

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Yay, I don't have to look like a bald vampire anymore!
    I swear I must've been on crack when I made my butch faced emo haired bahmi female, can't wait for the barber/surgeons!!
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

As if Mentoring, more Instant Adventure, Summerfest, a 10-man Sliver, oh - and Conquest, aren't enough... we're also in the process of tripling the size of Telara, and that means brand new dungeons, raids, zone events, including new stuff like Dimensions, Rift Hunts, Capes, and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting!

I thought the tripling in size was in the expansion pack. Although 1.9 still looks pretty big.

I find myself very curious as to the economics of Rift. Either you guys have a lot more players than I have been estimating, or your costs of running the game are WAY lower than I'd expected, or your programmers are drastically underpaid, or everyone else doing MMOs has profit margins in the 80%+ range.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast