+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Is rift not receiving the attention it deserves?

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    I think Rift's main flaw is a lack of social content. When you don't feel like grinding, be it dungeons, raids, artifacts or pvp, there's absolutely no reason to log in. I mean, you can't even go clothes shopping to make your avatar look pretty. Or change your hairstyle. No houses to decorate. Nothing interesting to craft. No organized competitive PvP. There's nothing but grind, grind, and more daily grind. Nothing to make your character your own.

We've had so many content updates in the past year, but what have they really added? Spoilers: more grind. Every challenge has been taken away and replaced with grind. The new dungeon they added is trivial and offers nothing new. I still don't even know the boss mechanics there. I don't need to, we can just ignore them anyway.
    Ember isle is just the same old stuff with different colors.
    Every loot drop is vendor trash, nothing interesting ever drops.
    I could go on.

What does Rift have to keep players? I think the empty servers we see since D3 speaks volumes.
    I agree we need more no-kill type activities. Fishing is a small start I guess. LOTRO had player music (solo and concerts), a fantastic soundtrack (I'd often go to zones and hang out just for the music), best wardrobe system ever (plus a barber), housing, many social gathering places (eg, Prancing Pony), and a huge well-made world to explore and enjoy (no mob aggro from low level mobs so zones like the Shire could be enjoyed in peace). I'd love to see Trion include this kind of content.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I've never seen a server's population rise as fast now that the 'kewl kids' have gotten over their Lolablo 3 "i got to experience error 37" hype

Come to Icewatch (EU) i can assure you D3 barely made an impact
    That is because every other server (other than Bloodiron) has gone down to about a rating of 1 on Riftstatus and people are switching to Icewatch as it is the only populated PvE server.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I am curious as to whether other games actually have better retention. Sure, once a game's 5+ years old, most of the participants are long-term players, but that's just because all the others already left...
    There are many games that have seen steady growth over their first few years. UP, DAoC, EQ, FFXI, WoW, LOTRO to name a few. The only game launched post-WoW to see an increase its first two years is LOTRO, but the flip side of that is that LOTRO is the only game that is considered good since WoW was released. VG, WAR, AoC, SWToR - these are all considered bad games.

Rift is unique. It isn't largely considered a bad game, but it has shown significant decline. The bad thing is, that along with this decline it has had significant amount of new customers. Word of mouth and numerous discounts/promotions and now f2p before level 20 have enticed many to try the game, yet here we are.

Soulwalker

I talk about Rift with my friends constantly. The thing is, they're all burned out on WoW and SWTOR. The more MMOs that come out and do poorly, the smaller the community gets as a whole. People are leaving other MMOs in droves, and not for new MMOs, for nothing at all, and with a bad taste in their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    uhm, you can?
    Maybe I'm missing something, but the only shops with costumes are the ones that sell the starter gear and the various vendors around the world that require huge amounts of ISS and notoriety to purchase a vanity items. Then of course there are the 2 wildly overpriced costumes at the auctions, which really don't look that cool. I think what we're looking for here are normal "in-town" clothing options that don't look like armor.

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simlol12 View Post
    i think issue is , how rift looks isnt suitable for everyones flavour , like its fark sad emo theme and story just big meh , i hve same question on my mind wondering why is it happening ?! but as i progress ingame i see its always dark/sad mehy emo , just give u the UGH feeling , game combat isnt interactive or hyper like other games i played say AION has WAAAAAY cooler , awesomful colourfull combat from skill effect/mechanism rather rift does , so yeh rift combat = plain dull/booring
    I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say... And as for your "sad emo theme" I take personal offense to that. "Emo" = sad pathetic wannabe

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simlol12 View Post
    i think issue is , how rift looks isnt suitable for everyones flavour , like its fark sad emo theme and story just big meh , i hve same question on my mind wondering why is it happening ?! but as i progress ingame i see its always dark/sad mehy emo , just give u the UGH feeling , game combat isnt interactive or hyper like other games i played say AION has WAAAAAY cooler , awesomful colourfull combat from skill effect/mechanism rather rift does , so yeh rift combat = plain dull/booring
    I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say... And as for your "sad emo theme" I take personal offense to that. "Emo" = sad pathetic "wannabe goth" losers who have zero personality to even come a hairsbreadth to being a goth... This is more of a goth theme. Don't insult me by saying that pathetic loser class of "Emo" has anything to do with this gothy game - thanks
    Last edited by SanguineDeath; 06-07-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Silock View Post
    As I sit here with my cup of tea, I was wondering why are all our EU servers low - medium, shouldn't they all be high? Shouldn't game have alot more attention then this?

I played rift at the very beginning and got to about level 42 and got bored, I got bored because it felt to grindy - i'v been there, done that - and so I left. After arriving back for an extra 3 days (thanks to the security change) I have seen what a huge difference just over a year has made.

We have had 7 major content patches. SEVEN! and they have all been extremely well received and the amount of content that goes into these is astounding. Trion really are taking the MMO customer service trait and just turning it on its head. I have never seen such commitment to an MMO before in my life. This doesn't just boil down to the amount of content they are given us - and how fast - but it is a big part of it. But it also includes little things like offering collectors edition content for a price, giving us free bonuses for merely changing our password, given us exclusive rewards for our dedication and commitment. Taking our feedback and listening to us plus so much more!

Its for these reasons why I have resubbed and am having an immense time playing the game, all the new features from the group finder to the instant adventures, from the chronicles to the fishing. Its all real great stuff and thanks alot Trion for being such a top, top class MMO production team.

I feel like this game needs more advertising, needs more publicity, if more people knew about Trion and Rift I believe the game would be beaming with life!

Just my 2 cents : )

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying this game is underpopulated. simply stating that I feel like it could be alot more populated then it currently is.
    I agree with you're post 100%.

I too have taken a few breaks here and there, but each time I come back the game has added more layers to the gameplay.

Rift is going to have to ride out the wave of exodus for TERA, D3, and GW2, so their timing for the expansion could not be better. I think once folks like you and I start coming back and seeing what has been added we're going to see a lot more word of mouth. A lot more people sticking around.

I hope we start seeing some of those "trial" shards coming back on line as real shards soon. And while I am on that subject. I really wish Rift would figure out how DAoC was able to have several shards share the same game space allowing players to move between them instantly to promote a healthy population for all of the players regardless of how many were on one particular shard.

I think that the new expansion Storm Legion will cater to a lot of people and give the game a lot of publicity , Seeing that they're making raids, player housing, 2 new continents and with conquest coming in the next patch, They're reaching out to a lot of people

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4