+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Storm Legion & Planar Attunement - what's the deal?

Default Storm Legion & Planar Attunement - what's the deal?

Subject pretty much says it all. I'm really interested in how this all plays out. I mean, for instance, what will happen to say new level 50s when Storm Legion arrives? They never had the chance to raise any PA levels, and then will have to level 10 more levels to get max, and then start leveling PA? Thats going to be a HUGE gap to close between the recent 50 to 60 crowd, and those that have been 50 for sometime now and have pretty much maxed out PA at the time of expansion. Will the 50s with maxed out PA levels just continue on? will PA be remove (my hope), or what?

Thoughts? Official comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Isildor View Post
    Subject pretty much says it all. I'm really interested in how this all plays out. I mean, for instance, what will happen to say new level 50s when Storm Legion arrives? They never had the chance to raise any PA levels, and then will have to level 10 more levels to get max, and then start leveling PA? Thats going to be a HUGE gap to close between the recent 50 to 60 crowd, and those that have been 50 for sometime now and have pretty much maxed out PA at the time of expansion. Will the 50s with maxed out PA levels just continue on? will PA be remove (my hope), or what?

My GUESS would be that it either freezes till you hit 60, or you still level it while you get the 10 levels.

I'm hoping the latter.
    I'm sure we'll learn soon enough.

I want my t3 pa I was promised. Not getting any exp for months is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Hoping 51-60 takes longer than 1-49, and hopefully making people level PAs during that time will help

Telaran

hopefully they will mega boost exp in the xpac as well as make it apply to both lvling and PA. This gives them room for new PA at 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Will5757 View Post
    hopefully they will mega boost exp in the xpac as well as make it apply to both lvling and PA. This gives them room for new PA at 60.
    They don't need more PAs. lol Unlike what some people here say, I really doubt most people are even done PA level 2 on just ONE PA, let alone all of them.

Yeah there are some who are crazy and are maxed out, but I bet you anything they are a tiny fraction of the player base.

I would hope the PA continues on. Saw a nasty rumor on these forums our PA is going to be converted into planarite. I wouldn't be surprised as these level caps reset the entire grind. If there's any light in the tunnel, I would guess it to be with pvp in the hopes their recent change to pvp level cap is forward thinking... the new level cap with the xpac will also bring level 60 in pvp. But with resets being what they are, perhaps even this is wishful thinking.

I am a newly dinged 50 and I don't mind.

ETA: I am thinking we might be continuing to leveling our attunement as we level. Something like that. I love PA, its fun. I hope it continues.
    Last edited by Bluebell; 06-04-2012 at 03:29 PM.

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    Hoping 51-60 takes longer than 1-49, and hopefully making people level PAs during that time will help
    Really? Cause 1-30 is decent, but 31-49 is horrid. hit 49, and your enthusiastic about reaching 50. There are 10 levels that are extremely boring. I almost quit.. It should stay the same. It was a good balance.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Simnir View Post
    Really? Cause 1-30 is decent, but 31-49 is horrid. hit 49, and your enthusiastic about reaching 50. There are 10 levels that are extremely boring. I almost quit.. It should stay the same. It was a good balance.

/remembers hell levels

/remembers taking a year to get to max level

Rift leveling is pathetically easy

All leveling should be for is learning your class for when you hit max level. Slowly getting used to your skills as you explore the world.

I very much enjoyed my leveling experience on both of my 50s and I plan on doing a third 50 for sure. It never got stale with questing, grinding, dungeons, PvP, and rifts.

I actually leveled my second toon almost entirely on rifts, it was really fun.

For when facepalming just isn't enough.

I heard an interesting theory/idea I'd like to share and expand on:

A slider.

This slidebar allows you to select a percentage, ranging from 0-90%, of how much XP goes into your active leveling, and how much goes towards PA exp. Once you reach the new level cap, the slidebar is obviously inactive.

Thoughts?

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Isildor View Post

Well in EQ2 with their AA system, once you could earn AA points you earned AA and regular exp in parallel. Basically half your exp went to AA the other to regular. They introduced a slider eventually though if I recall correctly that allowed you to essentially level lock and gain 100% to AA or vice versa.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon0028 View Post
    I heard an interesting theory/idea I'd like to share and expand on:

A slider.

This slidebar allows you to select a percentage, ranging from 0-90%, of how much XP goes into your active leveling, and how much goes towards PA exp. Once you reach the new level cap, the slidebar is obviously inactive.

Thoughts?
    Lol should have read the whole thread first. That is basically the EQ2 system. That will learn me.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Telaran

a slider for a exp split doesn't really do much, my concern mainly lies with how far they are going to go with PA, i never did play EQ, but i've heard of the issues they had with AA (namely once it get's too powerful you can either balance raids around having x amount, and cutting new players out of the new raids for however many month's it takes them to grind to that number, or you can balance around little to none, in whichcase ppl with high AA facerolled content)

i don't want to see either happen, which means either a method for ppl to catch up quickly, or removal of the whole thing

a xpac is the perfect chance to do things like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast