+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Omg.....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by salamol View Post
    even gw2 wasn't down this long!

I went there.
    lmfao..........

I know that they are working hard...but some good news...

Soulwalker

To me this feels more like a downgrade.
    Looks like it was quite rushed - I mean 29.04 there's a post that in 2 days we'll be going down for 6hours.

And 6 hours is a looot. I mean pretty much only thing you would plan 6h for is some physical activity, moving everything between buildings, floors etc. But you would also take weeks to carefully plan every detail, which feels, like they did not.

It looks like someone told them that, hey, get your servers out of our building by 12st of may or maybe stopped hosting them. Which is the only thing I can think of to create a situation where everything has to come down for hours: no replication, parallel hot standby or anything just brute pick-up and start over.

And their in US working on gettng software up while datacenter is probably in europe - understaffed etc. Now that the thing has exploded in their face - all nighter engineers in US, small pack of holiday time on duty guys - a system that wont work and problems that become harder and harder to solve. I mean they started probably at 1 am been working for 12 hours and still in trouble.

No ETA probably means that there is still something phisically wrong with hardware altho Elrar hinted that this part was done.

It would be quite curious to know what caused this rushed maintainance move in the first place.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    You agreed to the terms, they state you are not guaranteed any amount of access.

More to the point though, you want your ~25p? Really?
    Good job on avoiding the issue there.

It's not about the ~25p, it's about customer service, and showing a little good will to a lot of the customers.

Same as if you walked into a shop to spend your hard earned cash, getting a new phone, or something... maybe get the cover thrown in for free?

Any way... with your ~25p thing... lets add up all those 25p's and see how much the EU usser base is out of pocket?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    While it is sad to see the compensation posts begin, it was actually quite refreshing to see them take so long to begin.

Compensation culture pains me so.
    That's just the natural evolution of our capitalism. We are raised and conditioned in an age where companies advertise ever more competitive, with this nice knack of "YOU deserve better. YOU deserve more. YOU are uncool if you do not own this. YOU are not whole if you do not own this". Grown ups might have developed a certain resistance to it, but it's mostly targeted at a young audience anyways.

And the big companies also show us how to do it, sueing each other to hell and back. You'd be pretty daft if you didn't think any of that behaviour trickled down the ladder.

Welcome to our brave new world?

Edit: Also, it's not a public holiday in all of Switzerland. Federalism and such, each canton has their own rules. For good or for worse.
    Last edited by Mandarb; 05-01-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Soulwalker

i think u can cancel your subscriptions like i did

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Twisteddiego View Post
    Hmm i dont see trion as sub ****** like some other MMo´s.

I see Trion doing their best for their players otherwise we wouldnt have had all the updates and world events ect right ?

And since you still play the game you must be somewhat satisfied with their service ?
    lol 1 to 50 in 2 weeks, x 2 for 2 chars not even power leveling, subs taken already 12 months.

What have I seen? Not much and then again a lot. This game is a grinder for normal non raiders, to get any good gear, and not being slated on Dungeons mainly by players from riftalon, by tanks with quotes like 600 DPS or your voted out!!!. Select button leave . Simple.

Harvest dailies for marks to get recipes to find out that you require third of forth parties to make other parts that charge the freaking earth.

Do IA collect no end of different monetary marks to find out bead exchange has been removed, some folk have 100s of beads still.

Even on IA you have scraped up for a 90% mount only to be left dead in the water by the rest of the group on 110s, so if its a IA it appears to be the there is an "I" in team work.

Join a large guild, do raids with fellow guild members who ALREADY have all drops from the areas, who use NEED regardless because they only want to sell it, and WOW sorry you cant be allowed to get as good as my gear, so again its the "Dog eat Dog" syndrome.

Multi lined quests are pretty pointless for the average Joe, because he can sit all day in the Que hoping some other will be wanting the same quest line.

And WOE be Done if you build a off spec build just to be able to solo farm, Jesus look at that freak he don't fit the mold from rift zam soul builder.

so yeah I am still playing, and yes I will get there one day, but it wont be today if the server are still down because of CRAP planing by TRION.

And P.S I am not a fanboy like you clearly are. No isult indented or slur on you directly or indirectly personage.
    Last edited by Duns; 05-01-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dorom View Post
    And 6 hours is a looot. I mean pretty much only thing you would plan 6h for is some physical activity, moving everything between buildings, floors etc. But you would also take weeks to carefully plan every detail, which feels, like they did not.
    There are MMO's with a 6 hour downtime a day each week potentially.. there can be a lot of things you schedule a 6 hour window for

Maybe they are migrating their databases? Maybe they are migrating part and not all? Maybe they need to absolutely sure that it works if they are?

Even if they thank us for our understanding we simply do not have the data to know what why how they are doing much beyond 'hardware upgrade' which is .. not much.

Soulwalker

hey all still waiting to get on icewatch hurry up trion

Default Omfg

OMFG, u serious! 114 repiles on my thread. that's insane.
    Btw Riptalon isn't up yet!!!
    Halmiro, best bard in da world

Argent EU
    Fires of Heaven

Hahaha notice that,, had lunch, washing up.. still no rift..

Better watch Scott & Bailey I missed last night
    Last edited by MissB; 05-01-2012 at 04:38 AM.
    Angels can fly because they take themselves so lightly...

Quote Originally Posted by MissB View Post
    Hahaha notice that,, had lunch, washing up.. still no rift..

Better watch Scott & Bailey I missed last night
    Haha U wanna chat when we get online?

Argent EU
    Fires of Heaven

Default Lfm Dh

Hello fellow ragers
    Dh run on riptalon as soon we get online again.
    Whisper Filfe or write it on this forum thread.
    Lfm Dh!

Argent EU
    Fires of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Duns View Post
    lol 1 to 50 in 2 weeks, x 2 for 2 chars not even power leveling, subs taken already 12 months.

What have I seen? Not much and then again a lot. This game is a grinder for normal non raiders, to get any good gear, and not being slated on Dungeons mainly by players from riftalon, by tanks with quotes like 600 DPS or your voted out!!!. Select button leave . Simple.

Harvest dailies for marks to get recipes to find out that you require third of forth parties to make other parts that charge the freaking earth.

Do IA collect no end of different monetary marks to find out bead exchange has been removed, some folk have 100s of beads still.

Even on IA you have scraped up for a 90% mount only to be left dead in the water by the rest of the group on 110s, so if its a IA it appears to be the there is an "I" in team work.

Join a large guild, do raids with fellow guild members who ALREADY have all drops from the areas, who use NEED regardless because they only want to sell it, and WOW sorry you cant be allowed to get as good as my gear, so again its the "Dog eat Dog" syndrome.

Multi lined quests are pretty pointless for the average Joe, because he can sit all day in the Que hoping some other will be wanting the same quest line.

And WOE be Done if you build a off spec build just to be able to solo farm, Jesus look at that freak he don't fit the mold from rift zam soul builder.

so yeah I am still playing, and yes I will get there one day, but it wont be today if the server are still down because of CRAP planing by TRION.

And P.S I am not a fanboy like you clearly are. No isult indented or slur on you directly or indirectly personage.
    Everything i read was "I did some bad choices and im blaming trion for it"

Please listen to your self All the things you wrote can be lead back to your own choices in the game. Try move shard and dont take the first and the best guild you see ,)

And no im not a fanboy, i like the game, i like the ppl in the game and sure there some ppl/shards that are annoying or simply to HC for some. Solution to that problem is to move to a more relaxed and fair shard with more mature players

Dont take me wrong i do find it annoying that i cant get "fishing fix" right now

Plane Walker

so .. 12 hours later and we dont even have an ETA.

Cant say im impressed.
    Can I have your mana?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast