+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: PLEASE at least ook at the tagging system for 1.9

Default PLEASE at least ook at the tagging system for 1.9

For onslaughts, invasions and rifts the game has gone from everyone working together to getting NO ONE to group with you anymore because they all feel that their reward is greater alone. That's all well and good, but it turns every rift, onslaught and invasion into an endless tagging match, seeing who can get to the mobs first.

It would be awesome if you could consider a few changes that might help out.

A) Mob ownership is great and all, and I'm sure it stops many a person from abusing the system and getting their levels a little faster than they would if they hit every mob they ran past. HOWEVER, you have designed a game where one of the main focuses is open world combat. Why in the world would you design it so that the first shot is the only one that counts? Whoever has the fastest AOE (thank god I have a rogue...), whoever has the least latency, whoever doesn't care to actually kill the mobs, just run around and hit them all really quickly: they are the ones who get the most loot and the most XP. Please at least look at this.

B) Why are things like planar dust still rollable? Why can they be needed on? Open it up so that everyone in the group has a chance to get it, no rolling required, and it goes safely into your planar loot bag along with everything else. Every potion, every dust, everything. And again with the mob ownership: consider letting anyone who participates gets a chance at it.

C) For the love of all that's holy, make group XP >= solo XP. Do not punish people for getting into groups, then wonder why no one groups. Less loot, less XP... why even bother when you can just tag everything, still get the help of everyone around you, but get full XP and every single item that drops.

Rifts/Onslaughts used to be one of my favorite parts of the game, especially for farming PA. But it has gotten beyond annoying when a group of the opposite faction start racing to every rift you open, every onslaught you fight, and tag everything before you can get a hit in. I've actually gotten to the point that I actively avoid open world things now, outside of IAs. Nothing else is worth dealing with that.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Ascendant

Completely agree, that tagging system has destroyed one of the really fun events Trion came up with in Rift.
    Last edited by Kerin; 04-27-2012 at 12:52 AM.

FULLY agreed on all of this.

Plane Walker

100% in agreement with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolmos View Post
    I've actually gotten to the point that I actively avoid open world things now, outside of IAs. Nothing else is worth dealing with that.
    Same here, except I'm not doing IA's anymore, either.

I agree. Mob Ownership is quickly becoming an outdated concept, especially for the type of game Trion has created.

Even if they removed the "Ownership" from Rift-based creatures (you can only Tag and Own a quest-related creature) it would be a start. I know that if you fight something you still get some credit, but it's not nearly as much as whoever first whacks it.

Agreed on the Group XP & loot as well. You'd then get the opposite crowd complaining, though: "I'm being forced to group up to progress competitively!" but honestly, I wouldn't give that argument any credence. MMOs should be played together, not alongside each other, and if you really feel like playing Solo is that important to you, you'll do it no matter what rewards you're missing out on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Ascendant

I agree with this, if anything, at least just change the way how tagging works for rift/invasion mobs. I personally prefer to let the mobs come to the sourcewell so everyone can get some credit. Although, when I notice people running way out to tag a mob, I feel that I should go out there too because I may miss out on some exp if they kill/camp the mobs out there.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

This is by no means a perfect solution, but I think the moment you step into the area affected by the Rift, you should be on equal standing with anyone else nearby. I love the idea that you get rewarded as if you are alone, but must work together to close the rift. Make the rifts and invasions more difficult so it takes more to defeat them, but reward everyone in the AOE of the event as if they are solo.

So, I've merely reiterated, now that I look at it again, but I'm posting as an /agree.
    * Cienn 50 Mathosian Pyro Mage-Keenblade * Landuu 45 Kelari Pyro Mage-Greenscale * Xee 37 High Elf Healing Cleric, Warfronts-Homeless *

If you say "plz" instead of "please" because it's easier to type, then I will say "no" instead of "yes" for the same reason.

everyone should be eligible for loot who is around a 30 yard radius, but give people who contribute a lot with their dps/heals/buffs a chance for extra loot.

I support this idea.

(Because I'm a Warrior and we can't tag worth ****)
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Telaran

they should've fixed the open world pvp tagging ages ago.

Shadowlander

I approve this message.
    11/11 Hammerknell, 8/8 Infernal Dawn. (w/ Conclave Hardmode)

Telaran

Agree with this, it's really quite frustrating.

Another change that woudl be nice is in IA's make the invasions immune until they are closer to the wardstone. Keep the a-holes that run out and cutoff all the mobs from on one side from ever reaching the main group of people.

General of Telara

I'm on board too.

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    I support this idea.

(Because I'm a Warrior and we can't tag worth ****)
    Charge and cornered beast FTW. I tag it all then charge next wave and mighty blow , rinse repeat

Quote Originally Posted by xxar View Post
    Charge and cornered beast FTW. I tag it all then charge next wave and mighty blow , rinse repeat
    Reaver dots ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast