+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ok, this has to be addressed

Default Ok, this has to be addressed

This will probably be moved to Off-Topic, but I need it to get attention super quick, I'm not trolling, and I'm not telling you guys what to do.

But to those that keep spamming the WoW forums...I don't think thats the best option, it gets Rift trashed, and it makes our community look bad. Personally, I'd mention it to friends, family, guildies, etc and leave it at that. Trion does have ads going around and all that after all. Like I said, it just seems pointless to run all over to other forums and spam it, if anything, it makes us look bad.

Once again, not being a jerk, but its just...yeah

I understand and agree. theres a few wow players running around here harrassing a few of our posters and threads.

Sorry but i dont know who they are man since they probably have a different name on the wow forums.

Im sure blizzard will ban them soon from the forums.
    Last edited by Zerican; 01-22-2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: addition comment.

Yep, like I said, it will actually TURN people away from the game, and make our community look bad. I just want Rift to be enjoyable for all of those that are actually interested in it, not the trolls coming from other communities because we're looking like jerks

Rift Master

People are gonna do what they want regardless, but yea - I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelerin View Post
    People are gonna do what they want regardless, but yea - I completely agree.
    Mhmm, just trying to have some people think about their actions...will it work? Probably a bit, but thats just me getting my hopes high

I've never seen the need to put down any other games.

I figure my not playing it speaks volumes.

I am a Director of Marketing for a very important company, and I can tell - out of experience - that the OP is completely right. Please, remember that Trion's own advs are already perceived as "attacking" WoW. Mindless rants against Warcraft made by alleged Rift fans will completely backfire.

It's childish on both ends, and gives the entire game (WoW or Rift, who ever is "rising up" under their banner) a bad name. People will choose their loyalties (or split them) however they want. Lets not create an unbeatable war between rift and wow players before it even gets released.

And by the by, I think this IS on topic. It's about making sure people aren't giving the name RIFT bad publicity to potential users, even if it's an "opposing forum". I'm sure devoted WoW people would feel the same of their players coming over here to trash Rift. Angry fanatics for any game make stereotypes that last.

Let's see here.

Even this thread is pointless.

Trolls will never stop trolling. No stopping it.

Spreading the knowledge of RIFT to other outlets is nothing to be looked down upon. What should be looked down upon is the idiotic nature of the people that post replies in the WoW forum who haven't tried the game. But then again this is the internet, nothing good has come out of it and those people are expected to act that way. But the people that would give RIFT a try usually side with whatever nonsense the WoW community says there. It's unfortunate, uneducated, idiotic, basically ever form of low human existence you can think of.

The answer is simple, Blizzard does what they do to try and hold on to their customers. If they are afraid of losing customers then that's a chance for improvement rather than shutting out everything related to any competition. But then again we're talking about Blizzard so much in the terms of intelligence is not to be expected.
    Last edited by TheGimpy; 01-22-2011 at 02:33 AM.

True, guess it could be counted as on topic

And yeah, I always look at things from both perspectives...WoW must've done something right to have millions (not buying the 12 mil) of players, and as I never played it, I'll just say I don't like it, I won't go advertising Rift on their forum though when they don't even have an off topic forum.

I'd rather only have a game with 500k people at launch if it could give us a good name, and 500k x 80 (for boxed CE...ill use that math) aint bad

I agree but there is always the "turn about is fair play". In the last beta there were people who would start 4 identical threads talking about how WoW is better this way and that way and call anyone who disagreed various names. Its been so bad in past games that I have seen running jokes about Blizz paying their own CS people to make accounts on new game forums to trash them as a marketing tactic.

I think things are in bad taste and would never do it myself but my guess is that if WoW fans didn't have a histry of doing it it wouldn't be happening on the WoW forums now.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    I agree but there is always the "turn about is fair play". In the last beta there were people who would start 4 identical threads talking about how WoW is better this way and that way and call anyone who disagreed various names. Its been so bad in past games that I have seen running jokes about Blizz paying their own CS people to make accounts on new game forums to trash them as a marketing tactic.

I think things are in bad taste and would never do it myself but my guess is that if WoW fans didn't have a histry of doing it it wouldn't be happening on the WoW forums now.
    Yep, like I said, looking at it both ways...

If they had an off-topic, and the people responding played it, it would be perfectly fine, I know it seems like I'm going the whole "Lets keep this quiet" route, but I'm not, if we act like jerks by spamming their forum constantly with it, they will in return come and insult us, if they managed to actually play it, they insult anyone that disagrees with em, which lurkers will see as a bad community

BFF's review on this game should bring more support to the game as well. It was informative from what he saw in the small time he played and other MMO sites have been getting a lot of positive reviews for Rift. So why post on another games forum when you have other avenues to promote more people to come and enjoy a game with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    BFF's review on this game should bring more support to the game as well. It was informative from what he saw in the small time he played and other MMO sites have been getting a lot of positive reviews for Rift. So why post on another games forum when you have other avenues to promote more people to come and enjoy a game with you.
    Yeah, and thats the thing too, its been getting coverage all over the place, even G4 did a small segment on it if I remember correctly, so spamming forums doesn't seem necessary

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast