+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ok, this has to be addressed

Rift Disciple

Probably best if we don't tell all the WoW kids about Rift in any way. The good players will find their way here, lets not encourage the others.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Do you have any links or cop and paste of what people have been typing? I literally checked every forum thread on WoW and their is not a single reference to rift.
    There was an 18 page thread about Rift this morning but it got deleted.
    Was full of trolls and people now knowing anything about the game but making assumptions

Plane Touched

I can remember a recent playoff team trash talking a bit about a certain highly favored team before a huge game....... the favored teams coach basically told his team to not get caught up in the smack talk.... one of the players from his team went ahead and talked anyway about the other teams foot fetishes...... this player got suspended for basically showing a bit of enthusiasm for the game he was about to play........ Guess which team won?

wow trolls are sad.

i recommend acid/fire damage, as this negates regeneration.

or maybe im conflating =/

anyways, other than RAWRing trolls off the internet, the best thing we can do to not scare people away is just be kind, receptive, helpful and mature in our normal behaviors. hopefully new members will pay more attention to the "2k posts" over the "16 posts"
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Do you have any links or cop and paste of what people have been typing? I literally checked every forum thread on WoW and their is not a single reference to rift.
    All of the posts wind up deleted, but still manage to rile people up before said deletion, which is why I made this thread trying to get SOME people's opinions on this, and hope that it gets at least a few people to avoid doing it.

Sure, in some cases, any type of publicity works, but right now people are taking the rift ads as attacks on WoW, and the spamming isn't really helping our community much, and people are actually assuming that Trion is doing it, or that they are paying people to do it.

Meeting the Devs at Gamer Day, they're a bunch of nice people, don't want their reps being tarnished

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3