+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ok, this has to be addressed

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelus View Post
    I am a Director of Marketing for a very important company, and I can tell - out of experience - that the OP is completely right. Please, remember that Trion's own advs are already perceived as "attacking" WoW. Mindless rants against Warcraft made by alleged Rift fans will completely backfire.
    Sage advice there to be sure and I say that a public relations professional.

If people want to "pimp" Rift in other gaming communities it should be done in OT forums and there should be no put down of the "host" game, developer or publisher - at all. The poster should focus on the positive aspects of Rift from their perspective. If someone starts to flame or troll simply ignore and report them. If someone is genuine in their desire to compare and contrast the "host" game with Rift the response should be simple, direct and clear. It should be alone the lines of:

The purpose of this thread is not to compare or to put-down, disparage or in any way demean "X" game. The desire here is to inform other members of this community about a gaming opportunity I think they may find worthwhile exploring given our common interest in this hobby. Consequently, I will not entertain questions or address comments that could be perceived as having the previously mentioned intent.
    _._Legatus Primus_._

An old school style community

Prophet of Telara

It isn't me! You couldn't drag me kicking and screaming with a team of wild horse's to the WoW forums. The only forums I spam is ours
    Last edited by Trebori; 01-22-2011 at 03:03 AM.
    " Why is common sense so damn uncommon?"

Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    This will probably be moved to Off-Topic, but I need it to get attention super quick, I'm not trolling, and I'm not telling you guys what to do.

But to those that keep spamming the WoW forums...I don't think thats the best option, it gets Rift trashed, and it makes our community look bad. Personally, I'd mention it to friends, family, guildies, etc and leave it at that. Trion does have ads going around and all that after all. Like I said, it just seems pointless to run all over to other forums and spam it, if anything, it makes us look bad.

Once again, not being a jerk, but its just...yeah
    I agree.

I wish those people would ask themselves how someone is labeled on this forum when they spam GW2 info. Well, I'll tell you, they're heckled and labeled as a troll. How is what you are doing any different. Just stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
    I agree.

I wish those people would ask themselves how someone is labeled on this forum when they spam GW2 info. Well, I'll tell you, they're heckled and labeled as a troll. How is what you are doing any different. Just stop it.
    Haha yep, GW2 info spammers get ravaged here, which is why I don't find it right to get annoyed at them...and then go to the WoW forums and spam em

This will probably be moved to Off-Topic, but I need it to get attention super quick, I'm not trolling, and I'm not telling you guys what to do.

But to those that keep spamming the WoW forums...I don't think thats the best option, it gets Rift trashed, and it makes our community look bad. Personally, I'd mention it to friends, family, guildies, etc and leave it at that. Trion does have ads going around and all that after all. Like I said, it just seems pointless to run all over to other forums and spam it, if anything, it makes us look bad.

I heartily agree! Spam your friends/family/guildies! let the other games learn the hard way or just let their curiosity eat at them

I see no reason to try and spam the wow forums.

Then again, I see no reason to have a wow account to be able to do so.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Plane Touched

All publicity is good publicity

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixfunk View Post
    All publicity is good publicity
    I disagree.

Acting like a tool on the forums for another game is not good, ever.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Shield of Telara

Mhmm, just trying to have some people think about their actions...will it work? Probably a bit, but thats just me getting my hopes high
    I donīt think that people who go and spam other games forums and tell them how their game sucks and yours rocks can be helped to be honest. But maybe Iīm just a pessimist^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tzaar View Post
    I've never seen the need to put down any other games.

I figure my not playing it speaks volumes.
    QFT!

I've never understood the hate between "rival" gamers. When I played Vanguard, I kind of began to understand that each new game will leech away players and in turn, reduce opportunities in MY game, but.. hey, let people play what they want! Pretty much all game forums have people writing long diatribes that demean the communities of other MMOs and declare "their" game the best. It just make the posters themselves look bad, and blanket assumptions about people you don't know are ultimately useless and wrong. I've played EQ, WOW, LOTRO, Vanguard, and Aion, and found cool people and good times in all of them.

I don't feel your choice of video game makes you any better or worse than anyone else. When a game is no longer fun, I vote with my wallet and move on. It should end there.
    Burlesque, Mage of Karma's Reprisal
    Wolfsbane - Defiant

Well i can tell you this. i have nothing against blizzard they filled me with almost 6 years of entertainment but the game has become ing something else im not to fond of.

I was reading the forums over there and i saw a post that says " IM quitting wow" and you have the regular people saying "Good riddiance" " dont let the door hit you on the way out " all those smart remarks . but OP was saying he was going to look at other MMORPGs that have a better community and so i quoted him and say. check out rift . its pretty cool. logged out for the night , logged back into wow forums and i was banned for advertising lol.

so i can understand why but was pretty harsh for making a statement. shouldnt of said that.
    Last edited by Zerican; 01-22-2011 at 12:03 PM.

bad publicity is still publicity. Trash-talking rift is so going to backfire.

Welcome to live ..life awaits you

Though I'm guilty of harassing the GMs on the WoW forums (mostly b/c i know a couple and it's for laughs) i have to say...

Most those threads are not even from Rift players (or potential ones), WoW is notorious for the trolls and if you don't believe that log onto the Ysera server horde side. You can hear all about their facebook pages and sex lives. I'd bet that a good portion of them are just WoW forum lurkers trolling.

Banned

Do you have any links or cop and paste of what people have been typing? I literally checked every forum thread on WoW and their is not a single reference to rift.

I would have to agree with the OP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast