Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Quitingt because of PA's

Quote Originally Posted by Dreezie View Post
    I just feel alot "top" raiders (i didn't pvp) do almost nothing in their lives but play rift. When i think about putting effort into the game i think about progression raiding and new challenging content, not killing 1000's of mobs for xp.

I just think trion should think more about the many players they have that are addicted to the game and try to implement something that doesn't encourage unhealthy game play.

A daily pa limit i feel might be one way of curving the amount of playtime needed to keep everyone, from working professionals to those that do nothing but play, on a level playing field. Everyone wants to at least have a chance to be a top player.

And yes you are right. TRION does not require excesive amounts of pa's to complete raid content. How many guilds will let you raid ID with them if you don't have at least 300 pa's though?
    Why would a company out for profit do such a thing since the beginning of MMO's the games have strived to make their game the one players are addicted to. Game companies care about their bottom line they have investors to answer to.

I am the GM of a 11/11 guild no we were not a world first do we require 300 PA to raid with us no will we be a first guild in ID nope, nor do I care. I have a good group of competent raiders who enjoy raiding together and get the job done with or without PA. I have done the whole 7 days a week 6-10 hour raids been there done it games don't require it anymore and neither does Rift. Currently I do have 550 PA which is not high compared to some others but I don't care any player who knows and researches their class will do well with or without PA.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Trion just provided additional progression nothing more nothing less. There is nothing unhealthy about it , you sir are silly.

Quite the opposite, I really like them -- they mean that anything I do that could yield XP is buying me at least some progression, however marginal.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Disciple

the thing is, trion aren't promoting unhealthy game play, the players are.
    as people have said, you don't need PA for anything in the game at all, the only people asking you for X amount of PA's are the the players
    if you cant put in the time and effort don't expect the rewards, plain and simple

A player that enjoys healthy amounts of playtime will never catch up to those that play 12+ hours a day anyway. My main concern here is that with the emphasis put on pa's trion is encouraging unhealthy amounts of game play.
    I don't think Trion is encouraging anything here.

Certain players, apparently in a fear state of min/max - WoWesque - Tiogle inspired idiocy- where gear compensates for "skill", have decided they have to have EVERYTHING to compete or be "at the top."

Please find the statements where Trion has said raiding is balanced around PAs.... and post them.
    Last edited by Perignon; 04-10-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    What came out of this (WoW) is a subculture of raiders -- no one who had raided in previous games -- boors who can't even spell noblesse oblige, much less explain what it means.

I want the boors off my server. The raiders I'm fine with. It's the boors I want gone.

Plane Touched

Well I see i'm alone on my views. That is ok i respect everyone else's opinion and i apologize for coming off like a "cry baby" (maybe one day i'll be mature enough to call someone else a cry baby) that was not my intention. I just had a lot of in game friends that were always talking about "needing" to grind pa's. Again i apologize for bringing attention to the addicting aspect of pa's. Possibly i was the only one in the game that saw this side of it.

Also I feel putting daily limits on post 50 character progression might help with the burnout factor. Again this is my only mmo I've played so feel free to call my a "dummy" or"stupid". I'm just thinking out loud.

Telaran

It is completely and demonstrably false to claim that PA is in any way required for raiding, through one easily demonstrated reason.

PA was introduce in patch 1.5 which went live on 09/28/2011. The world first Akylios kill was by guild Voodoo on 09/27/2011. Precisely one day before there was ever such a thing as PA.

And the fight has only gotten easier.

To claim that PA is "required" for raiding requires a showing that you can't do the fight without it, and that's simply not true. Every single 20 man content in the game was killed before such a thing as Planar Attunement existed on live servers.
    Last edited by Arthais; 04-10-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Its beyond ridiculous if you have to quit over the PA system.

That's a problem with you, not the system.

Well I see i'm alone on my views. That is ok i respect everyone else's opinion and i apologize for coming off like a "cry baby" (maybe one day i'll be mature enough to call someone else a cry baby) that was not my intention. I just had a lot of in game friends that were always talking about "needing" to grind pa's. Again i apologize for bringing attention to the addicting aspect of pa's. Possibly i was the only one in the game that saw this side of it.

Also I feel putting daily limits on post 50 character progression might help with the burnout factor. Again this is my only mmo I've played so feel free to call my a "dummy" or"stupid". I'm just thinking out loud.
    Not calling you stupid , just the concept defeats everything you are talking about.

If your guild members are forcing you to grind PA, then find a new guild. Plain and simple.
    And no, Trion is not forcing anyone to grind PA; the content isn't based on PA. Also, the benefits are marginal.

Yes, for the exact same equip, exact same spec, exact same rotation, exact same execution; a person with higher PA will do veeerrry slightly more dps/hps. However, you shouldn't concentrate all your being on leveling up PA if you don't have the time to, or find it unhealthy. PA is an option for marginal progression and its real difference is only felt fighting rift invaders in Rifts. It helps keep the player base active because we like to see progression, however marginal; when we level up, it feels nice.

If you want to differentiate yourself but don't have the time to grind PA, then you will probably need to look elsewhere - at your spec, your crit/attack/spellpower ratio, your rotation, your execution. Even that takes time though and people might spend a good chunk of play time practicing new specs/rotations/executions on dummies/mobs.

Regardless of what you do, in the end if you want to be a top player you need to invest time. If you are unwilling to do this, it isn't the PA that is the problem. You simply need to lower your expectations and find a guild that is more aligned to your play style.

Trion, stop forcing me to go to work
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Ascendant

You can't change human nature, but try not being jealous of people who schedule their lives around a video game. In ten years, does anyone think people will care that you killed Akylios, Laethis and Maelforge? In fifty?

Trion's only mistake is underestimating the obsessive nature of a tiny percentage of their players.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    Trion, stop forcing me to go to work
    I might start a class action. Trion made me go to work today to pay for my sub. They made me buy gas today because I have to drive to go to work. I need to eat in order to stay alive and Trion made me go buy food because I have to eat to stay alive to play rift. And....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    I might start a class action. Trion made me go to work today to pay for my sub. They made me buy gas today because I have to drive to go to work. I need to eat in order to stay alive and Trion made me go buy food because I have to eat to stay alive to play rift. And....
    Hang in there, I hear Microsoft is making progress on their Xbox 24-7-356... it plugs directly into your brain and comes with a heart monitor and IV system. Tentative release date is Black Friday 2015.

Ascendant

Unhealthy playing habits can't be helped. Will you curb pre-50 experience gains? Would you suggest that after a set amount of time, the game kicks you off? A player will play for as long as s/he wants. The game can only be held responsible if it creates content that simply cannot be completed in a normal sitting (i.e. a boss that takes 17 hours to kill).
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast