+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Roll call, how long have you been here?

Since head start, day one!

Biggest change I remember/hate is the cholo change I full on hate that cholo healing is so hard at low lvls now. It makes people dislike them when they're so much fun!

Edit: I can't remember which beta it was I joined in now Sad face I did one or two weekends of it.
    Last edited by Kutiel; 04-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Alpha friend told me about a game coming up called Rift Planes of Telara I was really disappointed in Sony's direction for EQ2 at the time checked out the site and was hooked. Never been one to really be drawn into the hype of a new game but Rift drew me in I just felt like there was something different here.

The thing I miss most of all is the permanent footholds when players actually had to clear them in order to take back npc camps.

What I love most about Trion is they don't always get it right but they listen to the playerbase.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    How long have you been playing Rift?

What significant thing do you remember that has changed?
    Since first day of launch.

As to change... Well I guess its the good folk of Trion that seem to have changed. I did kinda think they were trying to do something new, what with massive world invasions and events. But I kinda realised things may not be as I had thought when I started to see dancing girls in the city that for some reason I was asked to kill, and then flower pots, talking stones and balloons. Then I realised I was in the wrong game. ... Its just me. Nothing wrong with the game. I just don't get this rather childish and somewhat obscure nonsense.... Mostly it seems just to get a mount. They should rename the game to 'Mount' cus really there is less interest in Rifts and just a player base that will do anything for a mount. Everyone to their own. My perspective by the way... Just played games for far too long.

Beta 3.

My, how the world has changed since those wide-eyed days.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Been here since early beta. Recently took the year deal, so will be here a while longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    If you are comfortable running randomly around the map for extended periods of the battle, or bouncing along the ground waving your bushy tail, then your build is looking good...

Been playing since launch day. The biggest change from then to now I think is a lessening of the whole premise behind the game- the removal of the Soul Quests and the foodholds for example. I do understand why- as a game ages people want to just race to the end. I do appreciate that Rift gave us a little bit of the EQ-style things like that though- things that were part of the wonder at the start and a year or many years later you say 'wow why did we ever have THAT". Would like to see a revamp of the Soul Quests though- perhaps an Instance similar to the Attunement Ceremony?

I definitely do not miss that "being hit from behind and snared omg hit the forward key harder and mash and and darnit I'm still snared oh how annoying" function.

And the being knocked off your horse by a spider when travelling through lowbie zones.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

Been here since beta 7 I think... Pre ordered immediately, haven't left since.

Playing since 1.2 patch.
    Quests for getting new souls i miss the most and MASSIVE invasions in the Silverwood - the most epic fight , with hundreds (literally) fire elements pouring trough North argent glade gate.
    Evandro, Retired

Got into the alpha via a referral around October of 2010, so not the really early alpha, but somewhere in the middle of it, before beta's started up.

I miss "Stay Classy" the soul vendor... I still think it should be a reward title...

been here since whatever beta was mid january.. 6 i think

subbed when i found out a friend from AoC played the game, it immediately took my attention away from school, i had to drop my calculus class, and barely made it with B's in my other classes after realizing what was happening, my friend then left, which made me stop playing as crazily, but i still play, dont think ive ever let my sub run out, and im still having fun

its tough going from playing with an old friend and a sibling to having them both leave within a couple weeks of each other, then having your guild disband, and having literally no one to talk to, my play time dropped a lot around that time, but then i found a guild, it picked back up, then spring semester came (calculus round 2) and ive learned to stay off around exam weeks..

its been a crazy ride with Rift but i love it

Since yesterday, nice to meet you guys
    Last edited by Zaros; 04-09-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Second to last Beta, I don't remember what number that was anymore.

Getting to do the cool lore-quests to get your missing Souls at level 13. Losing those was the "Worst Change Ever."

Default here

beta 4
    what has changed since then?
    1. they removed wardstone daily's
    2. they removed a ton or quests
    3. mobs have been nerfed a ton
    4. invasion bosses and mobs have been reduced by 5000% it seems
    5.trion removed weapons from the hidden cairns and puzzles at the exact same time the placed the LFD tool in to play
    6.Lots of the original runes have been changed ( who remembers what the luminous destructive runeshard's original stats were? i believe it used to be a level 13 rune and had stat of +7 hit and +5 or 4 attack)
    7.Lol took them a long time to get guild banks.
    8.they made world drop patterns, quest items BoP
    9.they removed 98% of elites from rifts (non major rifts)
    10.they removed all the soul quests and made it so u can buy them, then that was too hard still they now just give u all 8 souls..
    11.they placed a ton of portals all over the place.....
    12.they had a half b-day with cake!!!!
    13.they placed a ton of rep quests in all zones for rifts and invasions
    14.they gave out about 3 free soul respecs
    15.they removed wardstone daily's

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

I played from Open Beta (the beta just before headstart).

I remember:
    • The ancient wardstones.
    • The 3 crystals below your portrait that signified the 3 planar charges you could have.
    • Tons of normal and massive zone events, because everyone was in the same zone.
    • Overleveled defiant sabs annihilating everyone at Argent Glade.

been playing rift since beta 6 started

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast