+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Roll call, how long have you been here?

Rift Disciple

been here since beta event 3

Soulwalker

Hmmm, about 2 months.

I started playing Rift in Beta four. After the first day of the weekend, I had pre-ordered. I was hooked. I just re-up'd my sub for another 6 months, and looking forward to seeing what's coming with ID, 1.8, and beyond.

I would have to say the sense of accomplishment and the amount of teamwork that went into Zone Events back that the start was awesome. I don't see/feel any of that anymore. I thought it was going to be there for the EI invasions, but alas....

Still here, still having fun

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Beta 3 or 4 I think it was. The biggest change I personally have noted was the zone events don't happen nearly as often as they did then, and they are not as zone-overwhelming as they used to be.

But then I remember the RoS World Event in Beta and while that was AWESOME I can easily see how they had do redo it in order to not break the servers- and even *when* they did it, it *still* broke the servers! For me, this tells me that the devs really want huuuuge things to happen in Telara for us, but they still have logistical tweaks to work on to make that happen.

As someone with a Behavioral Science background, it's been so much fun for me to enter the game in Beta and see how it changes and molds to the player climate. And in turn, how the player climate responds to the game. I don't mean the usual QQ-ing of "this has been nerfed" or "Trion needs to do ___", but how the player communities have developed and in what way. Yes, some of us are taking note of this. ;)

~*for SCIENCE!*~

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Beta 3 or 4 I think it was. The biggest change I personally have noted was the zone events don't happen nearly as often as they did then, and they are not as zone-overwhelming as they used to be.
    Weren't the zone events in Beta 3 and 4 intended to be a server load test? They were pretty amazing, but were they the level of activity that Trion originally intended for production?
    Avenging my fallen kin, with silent bow and string. My quiver is my choir, hear my angels sing.

Rolled my only character (Cleric Healer) on February 24, 2011... so I've been here almost 14 months.
    Play Time = 94 days, 12 hours, 56 minutes, and 18 seconds.
    8570 Acheesement Points... and no life.

I remember when every low level mob would knock you off your mount.
    I remember having to do quests in Rifts to get different souls.
    I remember only ONE portal in Freemarch.
    I remember when Iron Tomb was a challenge... and that was before there were "expert dungeons".
    Last edited by Kaelani; 04-14-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neural View Post
    Weren't the zone events in Beta 3 and 4 intended to be a server load test? They were pretty amazing, but were they the level of activity that Trion originally intended for production?
    They actually announced the specific days when they were really trying to test that. I think they even had a "lets crash the shards day" once pr something to that effect. The number of events and the persistence of footholds were actually tweaked due to the complaint of some players. Until beta 5 I think footholds NEVER despawned. They were designed to force tou to get together with others to destroy. I can't tell you how many times I went to Knight's Stand (if I remember the name right) in Freemarch and had to wait for others to show up so we could kill the foothold and get our quest hub back.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Around the day the website first came up. :P
    Bounty - Nightblade/Assassin/Riftstalker - Deepwood

Since April 2011; stopped around Skyrim and came back with an arrow in the knee

Back in '09, I heard about the kerfuffle over the name change. It intrigued me, so I went looking for more info. I was in a few beta events, and ended up...well, either pre-ordering the game, or buying it very shortly after release. (Can't recall exactly which right off the bat.)

Played since beta 1, camping the Rift fb page to answer a question to win a V.I.P beta code

Biggest change would have to be when the nerfing began, and the group finder arrived.
    Last edited by Warbs; 04-15-2012 at 12:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10