+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Phase 5 STILL Impossible To Achieve

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #46

Hey all,

So after looking under the hood it's clear there are some definite problems - we're making a few changes that should A) increase in the number of War Trophy's dropped and B) we're reducing the requirement down to a level that is much more realistic given the amount of time remaining and issues encountered for all shards.

You'll see these go live in the next Hot Fix.

The World Event guys want to thank all of you for your help and patience while we've had a few bumps in the road - they're trying new things and while not all have gone as planned we've certainly learned a lot for improving the experience moving forward, cheers!
    Last edited by Elrar; 04-05-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

The World Event guys want to thank all of you for your help and patience while we've had a few bumps in the road - they're trying new things and while not all have gone as planned we've certainly learned a lot for improving the experience moving forward, cheers!
    I just wanted to say, this is very welcome news. And THANK YOU to the devs/CMs for actually listening to criticism and feedback about this, and also in other areas of the game. It's something that has always impressed me about Trion, that you guys seem to actually care about making a fun game and work to improve when suggestions and feedback is given.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

So after looking under the hood it's clear there are some definite problems - we're making a few changes that should A) increase in the number of War Trophy's dropped and B) we're reducing the requirement down to a level that is much more realistic given the amount of time remaining and issues encountered for all shards.

You'll see these go live in the next Hot Fix.

Good news thanks for getting this looked at.

Not to seem ungrateful but would it be too late to ask if the trophies could be auto-looted upon kills like plaques and marks? I'm not really any kind of PvPer but I imagine trying to loot all the player bodies is a teensy bit inconvenient when others are shooting at you.
    Last edited by Kedon; 04-05-2012 at 04:12 PM.

How do I get War Trophys?

I only have 1. and I been looting bodies in PvP for days.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Well it doesn't seem to be from WF pvp...so idk

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    How do I get War Trophys?

I only have 1. and I been looting bodies in PvP for days.

It seems to be bugged at the moment for some reason. War Trophys were supposed to be the main way of building towards the zone objective.

@Elrar Thanks for the update and I personally want to say that I far prefer that the World Event guys try new things and be creative and occationally have things burk up than have them play safe and have things get boring. Ive liked this world event alot even with the occational broken bits.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #52

Just to echo Elrar - thanks again to everyone for continuing to voice concerns about this phase of the world event.

Changing stuff after it's gone live is a game in itself - figuring out where the changes can be made, with the least risk to a build (delaying a resolution), while maximizing the experience for our players. In this case our calculations and changes and our internal testing didn't equate up to what our players were experiencing, and our promises of a fix fell flat.

After more investigation today, we found some interconnections we missed that are messing with War Trophy drops - as such, we've decided at this point, the best experience for you, our players, is to drop the quest objective to something reasonable (and we will be watching it closely!). In addition we have tweaked the drops of War Trophy's some more, so you should see more of them - but there are still limitations on that, like looting rights and diminishing returns on pvp loot.

Again, thank you to everyone for keeping this issue front and center for us. Your feedback is important to us.

Edit: Also, Elrar has taken away my cookies and locked me in the designer dungeon over this phase ...
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 04-05-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorH View Post
    Edit: Also, Elrar has taken away my cookies and locked me in the designer dungeon over this phase ...
    Very glad to see the proper level of respect between community management and content development exists at Trion!

Now, so long as the engineers are lording it up at the top of the pile, where they should be as the natural masters of creation...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorH View Post

Sooo does this designer dungeon only have Perl and Visual Basic for programming language options?

Maybe even PHP?

definite improvement in drop rate from skirmish events
    one popped in IPP, the defense was pretty feeble so it was over quite fast but i did pull out 38 trophies in the time it took 3 of us to run stones from one side to the other ( low pop shard - off peak hours )
    who took my names!

Shield of Telara

Wish I could help, but...... *CRINGE*
    Last edited by Lienda; 04-05-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    Sooo does this designer dungeon only have Perl and Visual Basic for programming language options?

Maybe even PHP?
    They all use Lingo, it's so much simpler. That way you can eat cookies while designing.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Rift Disciple

While the event is impossible I did like the PVP event I did in iron pine. Even though the deviants wiped the floor with me I got a few kills. The loot at the end was pretty awesome though. Wouldn't mind seeing them put in the event rotation at a kind of rare chance. They kind of suck if you aren't geared, but having the npcs to kill for credit too helps that.

I like that you are looking how to improve this phase.

I would love to see adjusting phase goals to number of active players on each shards. I'm on low pop EU shard (Steampike) and we are not able to get to goals of phases 1, 2 and 3. On some shards it is taking around 2 days.

I'd love to feel like reaching phase goals is possible (maybe if it is not possible for this event - plare consider it for the next).

1626 PvP kills today.
    32 War Trophys.

I'm glad it's being adjusted. Thank you.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast