+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: This doesn't sound good...

Telaran

wow was fun once upon a time.I'm over it.

every game has similarities.No matter what I will most likely order rift when it's possible and make my own opinion on it.

Doesnt bother me i loved WoW even though i dont play it still is one of the best mmos out there. If a mmo takes what WoW is and makes it better im extremely happy.

Soulwalker

Played this game on PAX 2010, now I cant wait for a beta test to try it again (and help with the test of course )

Quote Originally Posted by DSWBeef View Post
    Doesnt bother me i loved WoW even though i dont play it still is one of the best mmos out there. If a mmo takes what WoW is and makes it better im extremely happy.
    Ok can I ask this here? Are you male or female because DSWBeef looks so manly yet ur sig is so girly. I'm confused -_-

Shadowlander

So Rift is alot like WOW and nothing like Vanguard? Then I'll be quite happy with Rift

I thought Vanguard was terrible, and WOW is the best MMORPG out right now IMO.
    Lapdogs, all of you!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Qualabar View Post
    I just find it a bit funny that this is one of the very few (maybe only) negative impression posts I have seen and most people react by stating that they should make up their own mind and not rely on other peoples impressions while at the same time replying with praise and "that eases my concerns" when there is a positive impression thread .

The logic is sound, but should be applied in both cases don't you think?
    Yep, thats very common in pre beta forums. Positive impressions on Rift will largely be met by "great review" and "i cant wait". Negative opinions will be met by "hes a wow fanboy" and "awful review". The people here are going to have a biased and skewed opinion on Rift. That's the way it is on official boards, and this one is no different. I do it myself sometimes and always kick myself afterwards. There's probably some psychological mumbo jumbo that explains how we like to feel good about the choices we make as people through positive reinforcement or something. Bleh I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Ok can I ask this here? Are you male or female because DSWBeef looks so manly yet ur sig is so girly. I'm confused -_-
    lol i dont tend to think and colors are girly or manly. But yes a i am a male playing a female. For example my favorite color is purple.

Quote Originally Posted by DSWBeef View Post
    lol i dont tend to think and colors are girly or manly. But yes a i am a male playing a female. For example my favorite color is purple.
    Nothing wrong with that I was just confused when I saw the sig. Like did I miss something here? Mr beef used to make some posts that would make someone think otherwise lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Nothing wrong with that I was just confused when I saw the sig. Like did I miss something here? Mr beef used to make some posts that would make someone think otherwise lol
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    Yep, thats very common in pre beta forums. Positive impressions on Rift will largely be met by "great review" and "i cant wait". Negative opinions will be met by "hes a wow fanboy" and "awful review". The people here are going to have a biased and skewed opinion on Rift. That's the way it is on official boards, and this one is no different. I do it myself sometimes and always kick myself afterwards. There's probably some psychological mumbo jumbo that explains how we like to feel good about the choices we make as people through positive reinforcement or something. Bleh I dunno.
    I know personally that if a reviewer backs up score/opinion/etc with detailed accounts and examples, then I'm good with them.

Those saying 'I just played and really liked it!' don't get much from me.
    But neither do the 'Ha I just tried it out and its too much like WoW, fail!' get even less.

so some scrub came into PAX hoping, praying and begging Rallos Zek that Rift would be the next vanguard or EQ1. even though everything Trion has shown, said or done should have told him it wouldn't be "old school". but even with all that he STILL created false facts that the game would be Old school.

played it and didn't like it .... shocker.

get it through your head, this game was never supposed to be the next EQ1, the next Vanguard there is no old school "vision". this game is going to take tested and proven "standards" of MMOs (which do happen to come from WoW) and then add its own twists on other game elements. and If those standards are what make it WoW-like ... so be it they work.
    Last edited by Apoth; 09-06-2010 at 04:03 PM.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

I really hate not to follow everyone like sheep, but this game completely reminds ME of World of Warcraft.

I wish it wouldn't, because I completely despise a game that holds my hand, but I'll hold judgment for when I actually play the game. Still, it's pretty disappointing.
    "There's nothing quite as humiliating as feeling the cold breeze across your armor-less buttocks as you appear at your bind stone."

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    Completely 100% agree with this. It's pretty annoying, and I seen it happen in Mortal Online. Boy did things change on release day ;)
    "There's nothing quite as humiliating as feeling the cold breeze across your armor-less buttocks as you appear at your bind stone."

Wait, play the game and be the judge for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    There are people that say Vanguard is wow, and old EQ is WoW

You will always find people that say this game is bland, sucks, wow clone, its wow 2.0 ect

Ignore them form your own opinions

I really look at peoples reactions while playing the game, and the media when they are interviewing, or playing it every media person that has played Rift has said lets cut this short I want to play some more rift. To me that stands out but I make a living on picking up on emotion, and discrete feelings/ body language. Thats the vibe I get and have heard from them.
    Vanguard like WoW are you kidding. Thats like saying there is no difference between day and night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast