Closed Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tizdaz

Thread: Loot Window = joke.

Shadowlander

Default Loot Window = joke.

Why on earth hasnt this issue been fixed?

In PvP its a total nightmare having it pop right ontop of our hotbars rendering them...useless until we click on the damn loot window.

Which idiot coded it so it pops up ontop of hotbars & cant be moved like the rest of the UI windows?

Ive lost count how many times ive lost fight's or not even been able to start a battle because of this.

Seriously, this isnt a minor issue, its effecting our game play in a big way.

Infact it happens every time i join a warfront at least 4 or 5 times & if it continues i will simply just stop playing & paying my subs till its fixed.

Get a clue guys, great game which is focused on pvp. But you forgot to mention that your game play will be severly interupted by a ******ed pop up loot window during pvp that cant be moved!

/rant over PLEASE FIX! how hard can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    Why on earth hasnt this issue been fixed?

In PvP its a total nightmare having it pop right ontop of our hotbars rendering them...useless until we click on the damn loot window.

Which idiot coded it so it pops up ontop of hotbars & cant be moved like the rest of the UI windows?

Ive lost count how many times ive lost fight's or not even been able to start a battle because of this.

Seriously, this isnt a minor issue, its effecting our game play in a big way.

Infact it happens every time i join a warfront at least 4 or 5 times & if it continues i will simply just stop playing & paying my subs till its fixed.

Get a clue guys, great game which is focused on pvp. But you forgot to mention that your game play will be severly interupted by a ******ed pop up loot window during pvp that cant be moved!

/rant over PLEASE FIX! how hard can it be?
    lol

Unsub then.

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    how hard can it be?
    how hard can it be to enable autoloot?
    how hard can it be to not have the mouse pointer over the action bar when looting (because the loot window appears where the cursor it, more specifically the "take all" button appears below the mouse pointer so one click loots & closes it)?
    how hard can it be to move the loot window (because it can be moved)?
    Last edited by Gray; 03-30-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Ascendant

I assume you mean the "Need, Greed, Pass" loot roll window, because otherwise, I can't imagine your complaint being valid. One possible solution would be for you to rearrange your hotbars so that there won't be any interference. However, given that you're PvPing, I'd imagine that you have your keys bound to hotkeys. Memorize your layout and you should have a much easier time.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Ascendant

I think that all rolling/looting should take place at the end and maybe have the winning team get everything.
    Last edited by Zoam; 03-30-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Ascendant

Well, okay.

Yes, loot windows in warfronts are an issue. I actually have a video up (don't remember which one) where you can see me toddling around Black Garden chopping people up and then all of a sudden you can't even see the middle of the screen because I've got three stacked loot windows up and I'm too busy fighting to close them.

So yes, loot windows and looting in warfronts in general could use a review.

Having said that...

If you're the kind of player who has 4-5 action bars stacked one on top of the other at the bottom of the screen so everything is neatly organized for clicking convenience...

...well.

They're called "hotkeys", and learning how to use them will spare you the humiliation of dying because you couldn't click on your action bars through a loot window.

Just sayin'.

There have been countless posts about this. Hell, I even opened a thread including the threads' links.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...n-wf-loot.html

The main problem is not action bars. This causes 2 important problems;

1a - If there are more than 1 pop-ups, you can't see where you are. It is critical if there's a melee (esp. a sin) behind you or you're standing in AOE.

1b - If you're melee it's also critical to see if the target is moving or in you LoS.

2 - Many players have the target frame in the middle to be able to see castings and keeping an eye on 1b.

It's really weird why this hasn't been touched while too many meaningless UI options had been added.
    Core of Icewatch - MOIRAE
    ID 4/8 Apply

The loot window topics are the only thing that ever gets moved.
    Every single player wants them moveable. It's like the #1 thing on the list for pvp.
    I guess they like reading about it every 15 mins instead.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Closed Thread