+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Phase 5 is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve

Plane Touched

Default Phase 5 is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve

Hi guys

so on Argent Defiant side we have worked our butts off every phase to achieve the objectives,
    only to be faced with Phase 5 that IMO cannot be achieved

i had a convosation with a dev who told me that he cant explain how to obtain the 100k goal but can confirm that War Fronts would NOT give controbution to the quest, he said this would be too easy

well first off we are on a server that is RP/PvE and there is very little PvP action so the main way to get PvP kills would be War Fronts! and even then we are very few that PvP so would be very hard work to obtain the 100k quest

so we then tested open world kills and to my surprise these also DO NOT count here is a vid i made of me killing a guardian in sliverwood :-

ok so that did not work how about killing the Guardian NPC's at the out posts

OMG another fail

so from what i can tell the only way to get controbution towards the phase is by completeing the daily quests
    from the NPC's in Meridian:-
    Attack the Outposts (PvE),
    Decisive Action (PvE),
    Enemy at the Gates (PvE)
    Stop the Guardians (PvP)

we are a low population server a great number of us have already completed all the daily quests and 2hrs in we are on 445/100000

now unless my whole server is missing something there is no other way to complete the 100k achieve other than the daily quests

if this is true then Argent and MANY other server do not stand a chance or getting the 100k achieve

im very unhappy with this give the hugh amount of work my server has done to achieve EVERY Phase until now

Trion you should have made this 10k like phase 3/4 not 100k to allow low population serevrs a chance of getting it

you should also have made it so at least open world PvP kills controbute to the Phase

one thing i left out, when killing a player in open world you get a War Trophy we expected this to controbute to the Phase but there is no NPC to hand them in

even if there were killing 100k players on a PvE server is IMPOSSIBLE in 1 week !!!!

Rift Disciple

open world pvp kills don't count? this is madness!

-ken
    Last edited by Snowreap; 03-29-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    Snowreap Yellowtail Preyz Taralin
    < The Purge > Guardian Seastone

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Snowreap View Post
    I know that cooperating with the enemy is against the spirit of this phase, but you may have to coordinate a time where you all show up in the same place, flag yourselves for pvp, and fight each other. just because you're on a pve server, doesn't mean you can't pvp if you really want to.

-ken
    thats the point killing members of the opposite faction DOES NOT controbute to phase 5

you can kill as many guadians as you like it does NOTHING !

can't you summon the Saboteur for the Coin quest and keep killing him? I think thats how people did it. Just re-spawning that guy and killing him over and over again. If you want it even easier, get a lvl 10 to do it, it will spawn lvl 10 npcs
    Last edited by Gynxz; 03-29-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Shadowlander

So Phase 5 really is Open World PvP? Is this forced or what? (i.e. are they forcing everyone's PvP flags on?)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    can't you summon the Saboteur for the Coin quest and keep killing him? I think thats how people did it. Just re-spawning that guy and killing him over and over again. If you want it even easier, get a lvl 10 to do it, it will spawn lvl 10 npcs
    your thinking of Phase 4 there are no sabs in phase 5 so no u cannot do that

there are NO repeatable quests

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoShoe View Post
    So Phase 5 really is Open World PvP? Is this forced or what? (i.e. are they forcing everyone's PvP flags on?)
    They are not forcing any flags on. Participation in PvP remains optional.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Wait, phase 5 is active on your shard or am I just really sleepy and missinformed?

Plane Touched

open world PvP DOES NOT count towards phase 5

from my reseach its only the daily quests that controbute

pvp in any form DOES NOT COUNT!

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoShoe View Post
    Please read b4 you reply

Plane Touched

So does open world PVP count?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aerisod View Post
    what u think :P

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by aerisod View Post

Ascendant

It's gonna be even worse in phase 6. 300 Fire/Earth zone events in 1 week? I'm not sure that's even possible on the most populated server in the game.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Paraphrased:
    Quote Originally Posted by max42 View Post
    i had a convosation with a dev who told me that he cant explain how to obtain the 100k goal but can confirm that War Fronts would NOT give controbution to the quest, he said this would be too easy

so from what i can tell the only way to get controbution towards the phase is by completeing the daily quests

you should also have made it so at least open world PvP kills controbute to the Phase

one thing i left out, when killing a player in open world you get a War Trophy we expected this to controbute to the Phase but there is no NPC to hand them in
    Thanks for calling this out - War Trophies are meant to be the always repeatable way of progressing this event. Looting any 'green con' player corpse will give you a trophy, including in warfronts, which you should be able to turn in at any time in stacks. Looking around, we're not seeing the quest active though - so we are looking in to this.

edit: so feel free to stockpile them until we resolve this
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 03-29-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    It's gonna be even worse in phase 6. 300 Fire/Earth zone events in 1 week? I'm not sure that's even possible on the most populated server in the game.
    Unless it's set up so that they are ALWAYS happening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast