+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Phase 5 is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve

So much crying.

General of Telara

Well that's a dumb decision...

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #93

wow - looks like I jumped the gun on the announcement, but here is Elrar's comment on the subject:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3705226

My post was by no means meant to be a stealth way of stating the delay, but was only commenting directly to the topic: phase 5 being impossible to finish in its current. Apologies for any confusion or misunderstandings of my intent.

As Elrar said, there is a shift, and something had to move - we felt that it was best to expand phase 5 for the week to give people a chance to experience this phase, and have a shot at finishing the objective correctly.

We realize people may not always understand why we choose one fix over another, but we do try to keep our players' interest at the forefront of our decision process.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 03-30-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Ascendant

I'm actually glad to see stuff getting pushed back. The Warrior changes are nowhere ready for getting pushed live. I'd rather have delayed content that rushed changes that are not properly thought out. We all saw what happened in 1.7.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Plane Touched

Have to agree I would rather wait for 1.8 and it be ready than see it released with loads of problems

back on topic

Even with the extra week I don't see pve severs doing this achieve

when players are in pvp mode ya see around 10-15 war trophies being dropped
    in 30mins, I get this number from the pvp events we have had on argent last 2days

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    I'm actually glad to see stuff getting pushed back.
    there was never an official 1.8 announcement anyway...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by max42 View Post
    Even with the extra week I don't see pve severs doing this achieve
    I do, since the extra week will also have the fix for War Trophies not dropping in warfronts and there being no repeatable quest to turn them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    1 Day early bro
    2 Days early actually March has 31 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    2 Days early actually March has 31 days.
    *cough* different timezones *cough*

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    *cough* different timezones *cough*

Since Trion is located on the west coast of North America, and most players and servers and the forums themselves physically located in NA, I think that's the most valid timezone for joke shenanigans.

April Fool's is stupid online with timezones anyways, end up thinking something is legit because it's not the 1st for you but it is for the idiot that posted it or the other way around when it's the 2nd for them and 1st for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Since Trion is located on the west coast of North America, and most players and servers and the forums themselves physically located in NA, I think that's the most valid timezone for joke shenanigans.

April Fool's is stupid online with timezones anyways, end up thinking something is legit because it's not the 1st for you but it is for the idiot that posted it or the other way around when it's the 2nd for them and 1st for you.
    never seen a eu english forum, so I guess it's for everyone besides German/french.

but yes, the safest bet nowadays is to ignore everything for the whole week anyway.

I would really tather see them just end phase 5 when they were supposed to and either drop the required amount of kills needed for the event quest, or auto complete it for everyone. Dont push 1.8 back. Like seriously. Dont.
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

I don't mind 1.8 being pushed back, but even giving an extra week for the event quest, it'll still be impossible for most shards. We'll still have to try to get at least 600 trophies per hour. And on a low populated pve shard, that's still impossible. I am still very dissapointed that trion didn't amend the numbers when there were issues with phase 1.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't mind 1.8 being pushed back, but even giving an extra week for the event quest, it'll still be impossible for most shards. We'll still have to try to get at least 600 trophies per hour. And on a low populated pve shard, that's still impossible. I am still very dissapointed that trion didn't amend the numbers when there were issues with phase 1.
    Well, if the War Trophies work like other quest items, a group of 5 killing 1 enemy player gets 5 trophies total, one for each player. It means doing a Port Scion with a 5 man premade could result in hundreds of trophies just by themselves.

We'll have to see how it actually works when the fix is implemented.

I honestly don't believe an extra week is going to make a difference. Most servers are still more than likely to fail Phase 5. Trion simply put the bar too high at 100,000.

I understand from Elrar's post that the extra week is due to 1.8 not being ready yet; even so, here are my thoughts:
    • Drop Phase 5 to 10,000.
    • Keep Phase 5 at 1 week.
    • Make Phase 6 2 weeks, if you require the time to properly get 1.8 ready.

Why do I suggest this approach? Phase 5 has a better chance of being completed.
    Also, Phase 6 has the new molten ingot currency (if PTS testing and fansite databases are correct). This will give people more time to build up enough for the fire essences from the event NPC rather than be stuck for two weeks on the current phase having no hope of reaching 100,000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast