+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Missed 2 Event Phases, missed 2 Pyrite Doubloons

Quote Originally Posted by Martine View Post
    I am a healer (this is the problem)

I'll switch to elementalist and see if I can swing it. I thought it was a daily, my bad if it's only a one shot deal. =(

Actually I've seen a handful of people with nebula in the 40s bracket in warfronts...if you can only get one coin per phase how did they do it? Or am I having a nublet moment?
    There was a little bug that has sinced been fixed. So some have the mounts now.
    The rest of us will have it next week

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Champion

If Guardian wait for that group of guards to walk by on the path then pull the mobs up into them, they will do the dirty work for you. Don't know how the Defiant side works.

Rift Disciple

I tried, but the patrols are lvl 15, which isn't much help when I'm lvl 40. Thanks for the thought though.

Charlice...they fixed so the rest of us couldn't benefit for the season...oh boo.

So do we keep the coins we collect if we can only get...three now I suppose?

Maybe they'll let us exchange, say, 100 chains for one coin later on. (I can hope, I guess. This is what I get for being away for a month)

No one will miss out on the mount, so don't fret! The next World Event is for 1.8 which was (is?) on the PTS today to test out. One of the vendors has both mounts available each for different currency from the event.

So if you didn't get it for the Anniversary event, you WILL get a chance again during this upcoming World Event!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleton View Post
    I'm picturing you as a glass is half empty kinda Guy am I right?

Nothing is saying thar this is all the game has become to this person...or anyone else..you are projecting..he was just asking a simple question about a vanity item

I wrote this last night before the lasat thread on mounts touched a nerve and got locked...

I was playing through all the phases.. up until about a week ago. I gotta say when I did get the dabbloon things I threw them away. I have no interest in fluffy mounts... and now I have logged out till this event is over. I kinda came from WoW cus I was sick of the vanity crap.... well that and snotty noses. And I am amazed at how this game has just degenerated into a kiddy funfest fighting over trivial rubbish. And worse the forums have fallen down the same black hole. Anyway... I'll come back in a month or so and see if they have avoided introducing more prams into the game as an excuse to log and play. This last event really took the biscuit for utter nonsense and what is more disturbing is that the 'player base' actually wants this. ... Amazing.... I guess in truth you do have to play a single player console game if you want to avoid the pie fights. Anyway that's where I am now... All I can say is that Trion certainly worked out how to punch the Rift players buttons... Just give 'em mounts. Easy as that. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Ajhal; 03-26-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Default Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    I wrote this last night before the lasat thread on mounts touched a nerve and got locked...

I was playing through all the phases.. up until about a week ago. I gotta say when I did get the dabbloon things I threw them away. I have no interest in fluffy mounts... and now I have logged out till this event is over. I kinda came from WoW cus I was sick of the vanity crap.... well that and snotty noses. And I am amazed at how this game has just degenerated into a kiddy funfest fighting over trivial rubbish. And worse the forums have fallen down the same black hole. Anyway... I'll come back in a month or so and see if they have avoided introducing more prams into the game as an excuse to log and play. This last event really took the biscuit for utter nonsense and what is more disturbing is that the 'player base' actually wants this. ... Amazing.... I guess in truth you do have to play a single player console game if you want to avoid the pie fights. Anyway that's where I am now... All I can say is that Trion certainly worked out how to punch the Rift players buttons... Just give 'em mounts. Easy as that. Enjoy.
    How ironic. You're ragging on both players and the game while complaining about snotty noses? All I can say is that if you can't see the hypocrisy in that don't hurry back.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post

For some players, young and old alike, collecting things is a nice pass time between raids, dungeons, warfronts ect. For some, it just adds a little sparkle to the game.

I for one would be annoyed and less likely to play if there were no vanity items in game, and everyone looked exactly alike. Its bad enough that there are so few compared to other games, and if youre in a situation with 5 dwarves all wearing those silly winged helmets from the Guardian vets rewards, some times its hard to figure out which one is the tank, and who's the guy that just wandered in to the middle of your rift to pick flowers.

Rift Disciple

I dunno about you but if I compared my time going for pets/mounts (or much else in the game) compared to my real love of these games (pvp)....it would probably be about 10%/90%. I live to heal pvp. I actually wasn't that big into mounts OR pets in WoW until the Spirit of Competition. Most of them? ...eh. But some pets/mounts are something of a status symbol. "I was here then and did that." Which is sometimes helpful when you're confronted with (as you so eloquently put it) a snot-nose that started six months ago and doesn't believe you've been around X amount of time so might know what you're talking about.

Though in some cases I think Trion is just showing off the advances in MMO graphics (you can't begin to compare them to WoW)....I was staring at Nebula's stars the first time and said "holy crap...that's cool."

TL : DR - Stick with what you love to do in the game and ignore the pets/mounts if you don't like them. Or the games. The snot-noses are more difficult to ignore, but we can all try.

EDIT - Raine - yay, thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Martine; 03-27-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Acanis View Post
    Yup, will have to wait till next year.
    I wanted mounts, but have only two debloons. 'snif'
    Last edited by Lienda; 03-27-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lienda View Post
    I wanted mounts, but have only two debloons. 'snif'

Raine said they're available with the next world event, keep your fingers crossed. (I only have one).

Will you be able to get a Pyrite Dabloon in phase 5 and 6? That would clean things up if you are only missing 2 of them.
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jambobo Obogu View Post
    As title says, I missed 2 Phases, does this mean I can't get mounts, now?
    I suppose you can maybe get lucky and get 2 tokens off of a daily from a game bug - Trion doesn't seem to care...

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martine View Post
    I am a healer (this is the problem)

I'll switch to elementalist and see if I can swing it. I thought it was a daily, my bad if it's only a one shot deal. =(

Actually I've seen a handful of people with nebula in the 40s bracket in warfronts...if you can only get one coin per phase how did they do it? Or am I having a nublet moment?
    They cheated taking advantage of a software bug but Trion said it was ok

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    Will you be able to get a Pyrite Dabloon in phase 5 and 6? That would clean things up if you are only missing 2 of them.
    There are 6 phases. There's a doubloon in each phase. You need 5 for the mount. If you already missed 2 you're out of luck until the next event.

Unless you're one of the people who took advantage of the early quest reset on the 3rd week to get an extra one, that is.

Since this world event was designed to poke fun at WoW and tear a "Rift" between the two factions, there should be no reason why these mounts don't have a 1% chance to drop randomly in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast