+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Another 2 hours downtime? seriously?!

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Supernovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default Another 2 hours downtime? seriously?!

    So after waiting for 4 hours for shards to come back they're going down again for another 2hours..or should i say 4?...k now i'm mad.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    this is great im really glad im paying them for this, f2p games have better server stability than this crap.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default I know Right?!!!

    I wait all day to play and get weeklies outta the way and I log in to find update...downtime...wait 2 hours...log in get booted...wonder what is happening...log out...wait...get booted....log out...wait...log in stand in sanctum...afraid to start anything...wait....shard down for 2 hours...

    Just to sum up the day...Thanks a Freaking Lot Trion!!!

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I'd chalk this one up to **** happens.
    Mael (Cleric)/Merxie (Warrior)/Merxion (Rogue)/Merxi (Mage) - <Valens Nexus> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 TotDQ - 3/4 FT - 2/5 EE - 1/4 GA

  5. #5
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Such short tension spans you all have. God forbid you all doing something else to pass the time by for the time being!

    Rifts downtime is relatively small to begin with... compared to other game companies downtime for maintenance.
    --BC

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    God forbid something goes wrong in an online game.....I mean they are so easy to code and maintain..../sarcasim

    FYI TOR's weekly updates are 8 hours long, so why are we whining like children when Trion has always been above average in their updates and fixes?

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Should compensate us with a PA level for every 20 mins its been down. This battlegroup always seems to have all the issues.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Wow

    Ok. You guys have nothing to complain about. SWTOR has 5 - 7 hours of downtime everyweek... thays on a good week.. couple of weeks ago. There was only 3 days where yoy could play without getting kicked off... a few hours downtime every once in a while is nothing

  9. #9
    Shadowlander Olumis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I do not want to serve food for all of you in prison.
    Olumis 60 Cleric Laethys
    Lumis 60 Cleric Greybriar
    Luminus 60 Cleric Bloodiron
    Olumis 60 Cleric Typhiria

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Supernovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorfalcon View Post
    God forbid something goes wrong in an online game.....I mean they are so easy to code and maintain..../sarcasim

    FYI TOR's weekly updates are 8 hours long, so why are we whining like children when Trion has always been above average in their updates and fixes?
    I don't care about TOR and their downtime- i don't play it, my day off, waiting on Trion, finally after 4 hours I'm able to play just to play for 15 mins and get dc for another "2 hours" downtime. They expect me to pay on time i expect them to deliver when i actually want to play on my day off..or just tell me- Rift will be down all freaking day so i won't wait on 2 hours downtime which is actually all-day-downtime.

  11. #11
    Rift Master Luteuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    595

    Default

    I love threads like these. Really shows the rift-addiction. Can imagine them sitting at their computer screen, thinking to themselves....'what do i do', 'what do i do'. Then the itching begins and they start scratching their whole bodies, leaving behind bloody gashes.....

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kainmodious View Post
    Ok. You guys have nothing to complain about. SWTOR has 5 - 7 hours of downtime everyweek... thays on a good week.. couple of weeks ago. There was only 3 days where yoy could play without getting kicked off... a few hours downtime every once in a while is nothing
    yeah but that is in a game that has been out for 2 months not over a year...quite a bit of difference.

    and most of star wars downtime is during early hours of the morning when ti doesn't matter not during mid afternoon when it is much busier than morning.
    Last edited by Crimsonsneak; 03-21-2012 at 12:01 PM.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Raen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovaa View Post
    I don't care about TOR and their downtime- i don't play it, my day off, waiting on Trion, finally after 4 hours I'm able to play just to play for 15 mins and get dc for another "2 hours" downtime. They expect me to pay on time i expect them to deliver when i actually want to play on my day off..or just tell me- Rift will be down all freaking day so i won't wait on 2 hours downtime which is actually all-day-downtime.
    You are not the only one who plays this game, and their downtime most definitely does not revolve around you. Why are you expecting it to?
    Zev & Manafont of Seastone
    Vinco Bellum

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Mayakov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Considering over the past year, the average down time for a patch is 30 mins to 45 mins, I would say you are spoiled. People forget how good Trion treats the moment they mess up. It's sad really. I would hate to be in a relationship with you. I'd, theoretically, wait on your hand and foot and one day my mom passed away so I had to go to her funeral so I didn't have time to pick up your dry cleaning. You'd break up with me... wouldn't you?

    FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

  15. #15
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    442

    Default

    If you paid by the hour. In a 30 day month at 14.99, you would pay about 2 cents an hour or less than 50 a day. Stop crying about an online game being updated for the sole purpose of fixing errors and making game play smoother.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts