Closed Thread

Thread: Gathering Mats for Event

Soulwalker

Default Gathering Mats for Event

I've been actively working toward the event goal on our server by gathering mats. At first, I did the mining and foraging goals on my main, but it was insanely slow-paced. So I hopped on my butchering alt, and headed down to Todrin Farm in Freemarch, and I had two turn-ins withing 20 mins. But no matter where I go with foraging or mining, it will always be slow, due to the travel time between lodes and herbs and logs, and the amount of time it takes to procure them, unless I go to EI and get lucky and get multiples on Twilight Blooms. With butchering, I can hop between mobs in a single location, kill them in one hit, and have my hides in no time, since the cast time for skinning is so much shorter. I think all mining nodes and herbs and logs should drop 3-5 of their event mats to make the effort more equivocal. It would also help out with those of us on lower population servers who have almost no chance of getting this done in time.

Champion of Telara

What's odd is that I was usually getting as many Helium Blossoms as I got flowers on EI. (So if I got 4 Twilight Bloom Roots, I got 4 Helium Blossoms.) That makes more sense to me.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post
    What's odd is that I was usually getting as many Helium Blossoms as I got flowers on EI. (So if I got 4 Twilight Bloom Roots, I got 4 Helium Blossoms.) That makes more sense to me.
    Yea, that's what I meant by saying if I got lucky on the Twilight Blooms. They drop the same amount of Heliums as Twilight Blooms. Maybe that would be a good system, because I think you tend to get more herbs from ranges you've outleveled, which would match the faster killing pace in low level zones.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

I do think the number of material drops on gathering nodes (mining/flowers) should be boosted. Right now it's simply not attractive to go around and gather more flowers than what you need for the daily craft, which in it-self only contributes with five materials towards the end goal.

On top of that I also think that the materials for the event should not be sell-able on the auctionhouse. It's silly the amount of stacks that lie on the AH right now instead of being turned in to benefit the server. People always think of money first, and these people are trying to get up to 1 plat per single material.
    Sure they might not be bought, but they still lie there instead of being turned in, and no one (or just a very few) has the economy to buy them all to turn them in.
    Last edited by Talila; 03-04-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    Tasia, Leader of The Clandestine Community @ Argent EU.
    I like to show off dimensions - Latest Video: Bahmi Home
    Roleplayers from Argent, check Rift Roleplayers EU - new info hub!

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    On top of that I also think that the materials for the event should not be sell-able on the auctionhouse. It's silly the amount of stacks that lie on the AH right now instead of being turned in to benefit the server. People always think of money first, and these people are trying to get up to 1 plat per single material.
    Sure they might not be bought, but they still lie there instead of being turned in, and no one (or just a very few) has the economy to buy them all to turn them in.
    I hear you on that one, the day that Phase 1 started I hopped on my alt and went farming for the stuff I needed for my main's apothecary daily event turn in (why I don't have a gathering prof. on her is beyond me lol). I was looking in the AH just to see what the Blossoms were selling for, stacks of 5 which are needed for the Apoth. daily were going for around 10 plat a piece and the stacks for the event float turn in were going for over 50 plat. I think the greedy players realized how many people who do professions don't have gathering as one of theirs so they captialize on that, which is wrong.

I do think that those farmed event turn in mats (ore, forag, butch) should be maybe BoA, that way you can send them to another toon that does the actual daily if needed.

You also don't get, to the best of my knowledge, pumice stones or the flowers from mining golems or the other foraging monsters such as treants and shamblers.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    You also don't get, to the best of my knowledge, pumice stones or the flowers from mining golems or the other foraging monsters such as treants and shamblers.
    No you don't. Nor do you get them from mining or foraging or butchering in instances. I also agree that they should be BoA. I use my gathering alt to send my main mats he needs for turn-ins. I doubt they will bother addressing the disparity between mats gathered from butchering and mats gathered from foraging and mining, they probably think it's balanced for some reason...
    Last edited by sijmister; 03-04-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sijmister View Post
    No you don't. Nor do you get them from mining or foraging or butchering in instances. I also agree that they should be BoA. I use my gathering alt to send my main mats he needs for turn-ins. I doubt they will bother addressing the disparity between mats gathered from butchering and mats gathered from foraging and mining, they probably think it's balanced for some reason...
    I got a helium blossom of a treant I 'skinned' in Ember Isle I think.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Dunno why when you forage a creature you don't get the reward. Would certainly help a bit with the collecting. Weve been stuck around 20000 all day and you can tell nobody is really bothering. To be honest I had never noticed that you could forage Boglings before. Maybe they thought it would impact on quests too much.

Champion of Telara

TL,DR Fixes for Foraging/Mining Mats for the Event:

*Pumice Stone/Helium Blossom drop in a number equal to the ore/flowers pulled from the gathering node.
    *Pumice Stone/Helium Blossom can drop from all nodes, even those inside dungeons or elsewhere.
    *Pumice Stone/Helium Blossom drop from mobs that can be mined/foraged - one drop on a grey result, a number equal to the number of crafting items on a non-grey result.

Make it so.
    Last edited by Zerromi; 03-05-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post
    TL,DR Fixes for Foraging/Mining Mats for the Event:

*Pumice Stone/Helium Blossom drop in a number equal to the ore/flowers pulled from the gathering node.
    *Pumice Stone/Helium Blossom can drop from all nodes, even those inside dungeons or elsewhere.
    *Pumice Stone/Helium Blossom drop from mobs that can be mined/foraged - one drop on a grey result, a number equal to the number of crafting items on a non-grey result.

Make it so.
    Well, this phase of the event ends in a little less than two days and we haven't seen any changes. I doubt Trion would do anything at this point. I wish I had taken the time to test it out on the PTS and provide some feedback, because I saw all of these imbalances within a couple hours of the event starting. Maybe that would have made a difference. Hopefully nothing else this imbalanced comes up in the remaining phases.

Closed Thread