+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Smoldering? Not this again...

Default The Smoldering? Not this again...

So yeah, another cool title people who bought the game too early won't have a chance to get.

Meanwhile still no title for people who bought at the beginning.

It's like Trion never learns... sigh.
    Grim Yollidan the Insomniac, Blightweald EU
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

Soulwalker

Default Smoldering title

I myself bought my collectors box edition back when the game came out but left to have a break. i came back and saw players with the title. i asked a GM about it around 2 days ago. it seems i was entitled to it so maybe try and ask a GM about it ?
    i think its with the digital retail edition bought from trion, you get the spirit woven backpack, along with hp and mp pots, drinks and a buffing scroll. ( basically everything that the boxed collectors ed came with. )

Hope this helps and goodluck!

I haven't heard of this title. >_> I certainly don't have it.

I do like the fact that some titles are only achievable once, though. Maybe it's childish of me, but the idea that I have something relatively unique to when I started the game is kind of nice. =D
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

I would also like to know how to get this and hope it's not just for new purchasers.
    My whole character is fire-themed so having this title would be very nice!
    Wry, Greybriar

Telaran

I'm pretty sure you can go to the Rift site and pay ten bucks to get all the goodies that came with the Collectors edition box.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
    I would also like to know how to get this and hope it's not just for new purchasers.
    My whole character is fire-themed so having this title would be very nice!
    Yep, just for new purchases. Quite a while back the title was "the Abyssal" for new purchases. So I sent a ticket, requesting the title since I was a pre-order, CE player and have been here from the start. yada yada.

I was told there was no way they could give me that title and basically I was SOL. So yeah, I'm irked at all the titles they've been giving away over the months to new subscribers, while those of us that have supported them from the start can't have them.

*shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Yeah, this is messed up - again. Can we please get an option to pay another 10 bucks just for the title? Cause, you know, I like dishing out 10 bucks for new titles when I've been here since Beta.

Or am I missing the option to upgrade, yet again, to another CE, like I did when Spindrel came out?

Congratulations everyone who posted in this thread, you all win tickets to a Marketing 101 seminar!
    Good thing too, because obviously not a single one of you has any idea about it!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yolen View Post
    So yeah, another cool title people who bought the game too early won't have a chance to get.

Meanwhile still no title for people who bought at the beginning.

It's like Trion never learns... sigh.
    why do people care about titles, or even worse achievements in games? it seems kind of pointless to me
    mostly because nobody else will ever care about your title, and nobody will see all the achievements you have.
    Last edited by Prolapse; 03-13-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Prolapse View Post
    why do people care about titles, or even worse achievements in games? it seems kind of pointless to me
    mostly because nobody else will ever care about your title, and nobody will see all the achievements you have.
    +1

/10char

Obviously this issue is a gamebreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by EranB View Post
    Congratulations everyone who posted in this thread, you all win tickets to a Marketing 101 seminar!
    Good thing too, because obviously not a single one of you has any idea about it!
    including you? or do you mean the one where they teach you to repeatedly annoy existing customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Prolapse View Post
    why do people care about purple pixels or levels in games? it seems kind of pointless to me
    mostly because nobody else will ever care about your pixels, and everybody will have the same level.
    Last edited by Gray; 03-13-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EranB View Post
    Actually, you must have missed this seminar, if you're suggesting that we have. Think about it for just one moment. There's no way for non-new accounts to obtain the title. If anything, this is *fail* marketing.

And those of us complaining only want it on our main account - where are main chars are.
    Last edited by Chaosoul; 03-13-2012 at 03:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

# of titles on my character sheet: 122
    # of titles I use: 0

Sympathy generated by your complaint: None.

Titles were cool back in the early days of EQ1 and UO when they were earned and had to be added manually by a GM. Nowadays they're just junk that makes your name annoyingly long.

PS: How about a toggle to display other players' titles? I'd love to be able to turn them off.

I like that there are a sizeable number of titles in Rift, but perhaps just a few too many that are very easy to get and not enough difficult ones.

What I do hate is people who expect that for reason x they should be entitled to vanity item y when they clearly missed its limited availability.

Some opportunities only come along once, you just need to get over it.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast