+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 142
Like Tree72Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Phase 1 : Low Population Server issues

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Matilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default Phase 1 : Low Population Server issues

    Hi.

    We have a problem. I think the number collected needs to relate to the population of the server. We are Guardian side on a low population server where the Guardian side is already significantly lower than the Defiant side and I do not see any way for us to complete this phase.

    After one night we're currently at just under 5K out of 100K and the phase only lasts 7 days. Mathematically, and with waning enthusiasm, it's not going to happen. Does this mean that none of us will get our mounts? Do we not get a parade if we don't complete? Do we miss everything?

    Help?

    Matilde
    [The Watch]
    Shatterbone

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matilde View Post
    Hi.

    We have a problem. I think the number collected needs to relate to the population of the server. We are Guardian side on a low population server where the Guardian side is already significantly lower than the Defiant side and I do not see any way for us to complete this phase.

    After one night we're currently at just under 5K out of 100K and the phase only lasts 7 days. Mathematically, and with waning enthusiasm, it's not going to happen. Does this mean that none of us will get our mounts? Do we not get a parade if we don't complete? Do we miss everything?

    Help?

    Matilde
    [The Watch]
    Shatterbone
    Is this that number that pops up every so often. I think at the end of the night it was stuck on about 3500. Dunno what its for.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Koolthulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Yeah, what does happen if the quest isn't completed? My server is supposed to be one of the higher populated and so far we are only around 8K. If we keep that pace, we might barely make it, but I don't think enough people will do it everyday to meet the goal.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    86

    Default

    The pace will not stay constant, things will surely pick up over the weekend.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Koolthulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokkual View Post
    The pace will not stay constant, things will surely pick up over the weekend.
    Sure, and then it will probably die down to even lower levels after.

  6. #6
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    I'd imagine it just auto-completes. I highly doubt that there's any bonus for finishing or penalty for not. The counter is there for psychological reasons so players feel pressured to play. This article sheds some light on why MMO Devs do what they do.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 03-01-2012 at 06:10 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Alandar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I'm pretty sure the only thing completing this quest does is allow you to buy the title from the merchant in your respective home city. From what I remember at the community meeting if you do not complete it the World Update automatically updates.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alandar View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only thing completing this quest does is allow you to buy the title from the merchant in your respective home city. From what I remember at the community meeting if you do not complete it the World Update automatically updates.
    If our server fails the quest then we don't get the titles? Time to transfer shards before it's too late....

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Mounts are from that item token. Need 5 (or 6) of them and you only get 1 per week. Which means you can miss an entire stage yet still complete it. The crafting, I'm not sure about. I'm on a pretty high server and this morning, I think it was 20k/100k done for us. Don't know what the other side was at, but last night we were ahead of them by alittle afaik.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokkual View Post
    If our server fails the quest then we don't get the titles? Time to transfer shards before it's too late....
    AFAIK, correct. It's really disheartening.

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area - California
    Posts
    203

    Default

    There is no penalty for not completing the objectives. There is however, a reward. Gonna need people to pull together and work on it!

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    There is no penalty for not completing the objectives. There is however, a reward. Gonna need people to pull together and work on it!
    Confirms need to transfer to "winning" (high pop) server for the duration of the event if you want rewards.

    What are low pop servers supposed to do, take a week off work and buy vases of Red Bull? Seriously, the number needed should scale according to server population.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched daboohk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    269

    Default

    The complaining just never ends.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Enaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Sadly we live in a world where not getting a reward is confused with being punished. There's a significant difference, but most people can't (or won't) see the distinction.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Yeah, when people start complaining about other peoples complaints then it's just become ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts