+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A genuine benign question about moderation.

Default A genuine benign question about moderation.

Infractions use to expire. Now I notice they don't. I'm just curious if this is an official policy change or not considering how insanely easy it is to get an infraction around here.

An official answer would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Telaran

The first rule of moderation is you don't talk about moderation...
    Last edited by Rokkual; 02-29-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkual View Post
    The first rule of moderation is you don't talk about moderation...
    If I wasn't a customer I wouldn't care enough to ask. The real question is do they care enough about their customers to give me an answer.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-29-2012 at 10:20 PM.

nb4ban

And the last one i got does expire, was a week or two ago though.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

Yes, not too long ago some changes were made to better the system overall. We are always monitoring the constantly evolving nature of the forums and listening to the observations we receive from you, its loyal readers. Please continue to provide us with your feedback, and it will always be the goal of the RIFT Community Team to continue providing a better experience for all members of the forums.

I had a post removed on another game's forums for referring in passing to a different MMO. Note that on that game's forums, the devs sometimes refer to other games. Because you can't talk about games, and how they work, and what policies are good or bad, without talking about other games.

But they have a policy against such things, which is enforced only against players.

Sort of makes me happy to come back to these forums.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Hi everyone,

Yes, not too long ago some changes were made to better the system overall. We are always monitoring the constantly evolving nature of the forums and listening to the observations we receive from you, its loyal readers. Please continue to provide us with your feedback, and it will always be the goal of the RIFT Community Team to continue providing a better experience for all members of the forums.
    Sorry, I was reading this thread and I'm still slightly confused by this answer. It seems to indicate that the policy has changed, and now infractions will never go away. I have not received one myself, but I have witnessed several infractions that were given to those whom, in my humble opinion, did nothing to deserve them. For an infraction to never expire would indicate that there is no forgiveness for players who are still learning, or who have changed for the better since that infraction. This makes a "permanent infraction" policy seem... well, to be blunt, rather horrible. May I please request a bit more clarification?

Where do you look to find out how many infractions your account has?

Quick question from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama

Quote Originally Posted by Haceldama View Post
    Where do you look to find out how many infractions your account has?

Quick question from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama
    Click on "My Profile" at the top right, then look for the Infractions tab next to "About Me" and "Friends".

It's possible the tab doesn't show if you've never gotten an infraction, I'm not sure.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Thanks. I guess I have none. Although I have received two bad boy emails from mods previously (one deserved and one not).

Thanks from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Don't do stupid stuff and treat people with respect and you wouldn't have to ask this question.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    Don't do stupid stuff and treat people with respect and you wouldn't have to ask this question.
    A little do as I say and not as I do ... ? Is it possible that what you (and more importantly the mods) find is stupid and disrespectful is different from what others believe.

Noted hypocrisy from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama
    Last edited by Haceldama; 03-02-2012 at 08:26 AM.

A little do as I say and not as I do ... ? Is it possible that what you (and more importantly the mods) find is stupid and disrespectful is different from what others believe.

Noted hypocrisy from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama
    No, I'm pretty sure respect is universal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure respect is universal.
    Then you would agree you were being disrespectful in your initial statement? Calling the actions of others stupid and disrespectful is almost text book disrespect.

Reply from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama
    Last edited by Haceldama; 03-02-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Then you would agree you were being disrespectful in your initial statement? Calling the actions of others stupid and disrespectful is almost text book disrespect.

Reply from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama
    No, I'm pretty sure pointing out the obvious isn't being disrespectful. Telling someone not to do something stupid.. isn't being disrespectful.
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 03-02-2012 at 08:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast