+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Carnival of the Ascended Phase 1 at ZAM Rift!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Calthine's Avatar

Default Carnival of the Ascended Phase 1 at ZAM Rift!

Phase 1 of Carnival of the Ascended is scheduled to start February 29, adding new features to Rift's anniversary celebration! Portals between Shimmersand and the cities of Meridian and Sanctum have opened and some of the merchants are now open for business. Play Carnival games like Mini Mounts Racing and Balloon Stomp for Prize Tickets to spend at merchants!

You can also join your faction in building Dragon Balloons for the upcoming parades! Check out the Building the Parade Floats quests, because a title awaits those factions that are dedicated enough to meet their goals.

Check out the Carnival of the Ascended Guide at ZAM Rift!
    Calthine
    Community Manager
    ZAM Network

I wish the date was displayed in-game, because it's past 1am in game, and it's the 29th where I live. It's not phase 1, though.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    I wish the date was displayed in-game, because it's past 1am in game, and it's the 29th where I live. It's not phase 1, though.

Argh. I read "Phase 1 at ZAM" as Phase one at 1am. My random expert popped while posting.

But when does this start? When is the 29th? lol

0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Shadowlander

Argh. I read "Phase 1 at ZAM" as Phase one at 1am. My random expert popped while posting.

But when does this start? When is the 29th? lol
    It starts at 3:30 server time today I think. (don't quote me on this)

PM? Doesn't everyone have a different server time? It's 4:41 AM server time right now and nothing new is available. I don't want to queue something and miss the start.

0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

has it started on certain servers already? it hasnt began on mine yet (laethys)
    s

oOoOoOoO Those masks look pretty cool.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Fantastic write-up; learnt a lot even though I tested each stage out, such as the raid quests (reenactments) and the zone event which I didn't know existed.
    Looking forward to the item write-ups as well and hoping you guys get a .gif version of the Nebula, as the static image does not do it justice.

I haven't seen it start yet--maybe after the NA patch this morning? *crosses fingers*

Yes, the masks are VERY cool! Also looking forward to the companions, they're all adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Looking forward to the item write-ups as well and hoping you guys get a .gif version of the Nebula, as the static image does not do it justice.
    Nebula is a beauty, it's an absolutely fascinating horse to watch and even the short video we put up doesn't do it justice. Can't wait to be able to get it!
    Last edited by Cyliena; 02-29-2012 at 06:41 AM.

I dont understand why Trion lets ZAM post on this forums, half of your addvertisements contain suspicious activity and are very aggressive and shady.............. really can't understand this from TRION, ZAM almost feels like an adult content website........
    Last edited by LeMarocain; 02-29-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeMarocain View Post
    I dont understand why Trion lets ZAM post on this forums, half of your addvertisements contain suspicious activity and are very aggressive and shady.............. really can't understand this from TRION, ZAM almost feels like an adult content website........
    You could use a adblocker if it really bothers you though I have never seen anything shady and as my understanding allowing the ads is how they make a lot of their revenue. That being said ZAM has been a leading source of info for several gaming communities for years. It was a valuable resource in my EQ2 days and it has proven so yet again for Rift. If I could id probably work for them :P Cathline (my sp sucks :/) in particular works hard I remember her from EQ2.

Now if you really have seen something shady you should let the ZAM team know, They wouldn't allow 'adult' content that I know off as a advertisement, everything I see mainly appears video game related when I see ads. Ad's in general btw even from more well known sites tend to be programmed to be aggressive, they want you to pay attention and buy there stuff, I wouldn't necessarily blame that on ZAM. As a Programmer I would want to know if my ad's are behaving oddly, it would also help if you could be more specific other then shady as that doesn't tell us what to look for.

And no I am not trolling just offering my perspective.
    Last edited by Xillean; 02-29-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Please tell me when it will start. Installed the update and there's nothing new still. Racing to first is sacred.

0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Sword of Telara

Please tell me when it will start. Installed the update and there's nothing new still. Racing to first is sacred.
    They don't announce it because of players like yourself. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, but a lot of people have that same mentality and would clog up the server/area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post
    They don't announce it because of players like yourself. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, but a lot of people have that same mentality and would clog up the server/area.
    Doesn't make sense to announce the update both in game and on the forums and then install the update but only give us the nerfs.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    You could use a adblocker if it really bothers you though I have never seen anything shady and as my understanding allowing the ads is how they make a lot of their revenue. That being said ZAM has been a leading source of info for several gaming communities for years. It was a valuable resource in my EQ2 days and it has proven so yet again for Rift. If I could id probably work for them :P Cathline (my sp sucks :/) in particular works hard I remember her from EQ2.

Now if you really have seen something shady you should let the ZAM team know, They wouldn't allow 'adult' content that I know off as a advertisement, everything I see mainly appears video game related when I see ads. Ad's in general btw even from more well known sites tend to be programmed to be aggressive, they want you to pay attention and buy there stuff, I wouldn't necessarily blame that on ZAM. As a Programmer I would want to know if my ad's are behaving oddly, it would also help if you could be more specific other then shady as that doesn't tell us what to look for.

And no I am not trolling just offering my perspective.
    They might be referring to the fact that the owner of the ZAM network, Affinity Media, has been linked with IGE (gold seller) and they've had advertisement in the past that supported illegal RMT (IGE ads). Its not known if they are still linked, but its a historical fact that ZAM can't deny or ever get away from. Also, Affinity Media screwed over the original Allakhazam owners not too long after they bought them out, they were good guys and although they got paid well and were believed to have sold out to the Devil (again referring to IGE relations), a lot of their more loyal fans were angry to see how things ended.

So ZAM is now the "evil empire" which was built from "dirty money", more or less, and a lot of players have issue with them and consider them as a "shady" business. Sadly, they're not just the best gaming database, they're pretty much the only one, they've cornered the market well.

Hope that helps explain a bit of the animosity you'll find towards the ZAM websites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast