+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Costume Armors: the closet is full !

Rift Disciple

Default Costume Armors: the closet is full !

So seriously, when can I expect the 100 slot wardrobe bag for my bank? I understand they (well some) are "bound to account" but I don't care. It's too much of an inconvenience to have to transfer costume armor from one character to another when I feel like wearing it.

If you intend to continue this welfare system of costume armor every time we turn around, where exactly do you plan on having us store it? TOO much bank space gets used which is needed for other items.

Please implement a 100-200 "free" extra bank slot which can only hold costume armorz.

Shared storage and shared wardrobe storage would be huge quality-of-life improvements indeed.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Telaran

I support this product and/or service. 10/10

We definitely need more bank space for all the costume armors!
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Sigh... women just don't know how to throw things out. You'll never fit your fat *** in that dress again, anyway!

Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

+1million.

Please put in an extra bank slot as suggested that can only store cloths and not just costumes (say 200 slots), i'm runnning out of places to store my hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry30 View Post
    Please implement a 100-200 "free" extra bank slot which can only hold costume armorz.
    That would be wonderful. My bank is probably more toys than tools right now! >_<

In order to have a closet, you need a house first.

HOUSING, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Either a shared storage space or a MASSIVE place to put costume gear would be nice, however there is another issue.

I use class specific gear for the majority of my wardrobe slots, not actual BOA Wardrobe gear. This takes up a lot of my bank space. I think making a shared costume space that really has infinite/a lot of storage is the first step, but also allowing up to turn armor (and hopefully weapons one day) into "costume" pieces (so that they could also go into the storage) is a need. Now i do realize that if you do this, it has the potential for allowing people to transfer warrior looking gear to mages or vise versa, but if you made it so that any gear turned costume was BOP instead of BOA, or even Bind on "Class" (so only that type of class could use it) would solve the issue. This would still allow us to store all of the cool looking gear we want to use without bogging down our bank slots. I have full 22 slot bags in my bank, and they are basically all full of costume items besides one which has the vet reward potions (which i have a lot of as i have the 18 month vet rewards). Please do something about this Trion. I love all of the gear i have and swap it our regularly and would hate to have to dump any of it to collect the new gear that comes out with 1.8
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

I support these ideas. I think limitations on vanity items would hurt the game in the long run. Over the years there will be so much that we want to keep as momentos. Currently many players can't collect all they want because of limited bag space and that many are bind to player.

It'd be great if they created a vanity bag that includes space for costumes, glowing runes, snowmen, artifact awards, etc. Start out with one row for each world event that was in the game, and everytime a world event comes out, add another row. This would help keep up with vanity and momentos as the game continues into the future.

Also lots of people mentioned they use old gear as costumes. How about adding the ability to declare an old piece of armor a costume? Once its a costume piece it loses its stats but then can be put in the vanity bag for all eternity. Problem solved :-)
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 02-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Another option would be to allow us to put bags in the current bank slots and place items inside the bags. Or expand on the purchasable extra bag slots, this option would help take play out of the game.

Either way I agree, something should be done to provide extra storage.
    Deanzajig@Hailol
    <Dol Amroth>
    4/4 RoF 1/5 MS 0/3 TF

Borrow DCUO's idea for wardrobe-

Any equipment you actually equip as wardrobe gets "stored" as a look. Whenever you dump that equipment, you can click on the appropriate slot and select the piece you threw out and just choose that look.

It will alleviate the storage space completely, won't need any extra bags, and you can choose to keep/toss equip to either send to alts or whatever. Won't be able to send class restricted pieces so that's solved, and can send BoE/account stuff.

Yes please give us more space for gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soulwalker

I don't have much to add to the discussion, but I definitely agree with the proposed idea of a 48 slot wardrobe bag, or something along those lines.

Player housing would be a pretty large implementation, but I agree with that also. It would make Role-Playing much more immersive.

The wardrobe concept in LotRO is pretty nice. It can contain items and you just put copies in your appearance slots in your character panel. One interesting feature is you can apply dyes to the items in the wardrobe (they can hold several) and you can bring out the version you like (black, orange, etc).

What I would like to see a wardrobe that we can unlock items in and then put them in our character panel. So rather than take up inventory, we would unlock items.

I'm all for shared storage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast