+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I want more unique character effects on items!

Ascendant

Default I want more unique character effects on items!

I just got Earth Elemental's Heart tonight, and much to my surprise not only does it give Armor (though not terribly useful for me at my gear level), but it gives an amazing yellow earth eye glow. Why can't we have more awesome stuff like this?

there is, you can buy permanant items thatll make you glow for 30 minutes when ever you use it. theres glow things for each plane. so you can glow yellow, blue, etc..

theres also different ones for your weapons.
    s

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by oniku View Post
    there is, you can buy permanant items thatll make you glow for 30 minutes when ever you use it. theres glow things for each plane. so you can glow yellow, blue, etc..

theres also different ones for your weapons.
    ...Yes, I know that. I don't really consider those unique at this point since there are so many of them at this point. But something that makes your eyes glow? Now there's something that makes you stand-out. Stuff like boots that leave a fire trail, a chest that has wings, a ring that covers your hands in frost, things like that is what I'd love to see after seeing something like the neck I just got.

I don't mind fluff personally but a vocal minority likes to flip out whenever fluff is introduced, so there's that to consider.

(e.g. "Who cares if it makes your eyes glow? This necklace is USELESS/OP ugh Trion fix your game don't waste my time with fluff.")
    Last edited by Gumdrop; 02-24-2012 at 01:21 AM.

All weapon / armor / player effects really need their own values within the wardrobe.

It's pointless having the fluff items there if they're going to overwrite the useful stuff (like powerstones).

A whole new set of drops for player effects too..

+ Reply to Thread