+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShinChuck

Thread: Why are pre-order pets dropping from Pinatas?

Ascendant

Default Why are pre-order pets dropping from Pinatas?

Seems like kind of a slap to the face of those that pre-ordered and supported the game from its inception.

Ascendant

False alarm, guildie being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Seems like kind of a slap to the face of those that pre-ordered and supported the game from its inception.
    At the risk of starting a crapstorm... should the people who preordered it and walked away, only to return a year later after not supporting the game from it's start get them taken away?

I dunno, as a guy who's played many, many games from their inception on, and got numerous veteran bonuses, I just never had an issue with making toys available to new players down the line. As that guy with all the preorder bonuses and toys, I've just never felt personally vindicated when a publisher has withhold stuff from new players.

Well, FWIW:

As a person who has preorder bonus pets, I simply don't care. (Actually, I am sore tempted to go buy two $10 rift boxes at walmart for the extra pet codes.) I didn't buy things to be Special, I bought them to have them.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

this cake is a lie
    they dont, as the op has sussed out
    who took my names!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    this cake is a lie
    they dont, as the op has sussed out
    its a easy mistake to make tho if you dont look at the pets very often.
    scorched collar (hellhound - fire) is from the pre-order
    ..but shadetouched hound (hellhound - death) is from the first world event.
    just something to look at.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    its a easy mistake to make tho if you dont look at the pets very often.
    scorched collar (hellhound - fire) is from the pre-order
    ..but shadetouched hound (hellhound - death) is from the first world event.
    just something to look at.
    Yep... I got the scorched hound from preorder, and so far, I have had 2 shade hounds and a Rudy (Christmas corgi) drop from pinatas.

I wish they would drop regular mounts, though... They don't even have to be "epic", just different... give us a chance to get some mounts from the other faction.
    "If you argue for your limitations, you get to keep them" - Richard Bach
    "Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness..." - Anonymous

Great list of help for new players! Click Here!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    I wish they would drop regular mounts, though... They don't even have to be "epic", just different... give us a chance to get some mounts from the other faction.
    definitely an interesting idea. however, i dont think they want cross factioning of the mounts.
    back in beta you were actually able to sneak into the enemy capital city and the mount vendor was a neutral vendor. you could actually buy the mounts right up to the point where they said this was unintended and patched it out and then they changed everyones mount who had bought one like this to a faction appropriate mount.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Well, FWIW:

As a person who has preorder bonus pets, I simply don't care. (Actually, I am sore tempted to go buy two $10 rift boxes at walmart for the extra pet codes.) I didn't buy things to be Special, I bought them to have them.
    Precisely this.

People whose sole reason for wanting something is its perceived scarcity confuse the hell out of me.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    definitely an interesting idea. however, i dont think they want cross factioning of the mounts.
    back in beta you were actually able to sneak into the enemy capital city and the mount vendor was a neutral vendor. you could actually buy the mounts right up to the point where they said this was unintended and patched it out and then they changed everyones mount who had bought one like this to a faction appropriate mount.
    And even then some clever Defiants used the Saga of the Endless quest where you steal Shyla's staff (at the time, you had to get a disguise to talk to the guy in Quicksilver) to haul *** into Sanctum and get Valmera.

NEVER FORGET THE VALMERA INQUISITION

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Exactly my sentiments.

I realized years ago that preorders mean absolutely nothing in this day of MMO's aside from getting a "head start" from later implementation.

Face it, it's a business all about maximizing profit. The whole "founders" concept lost its luster years ago.

The resist weapon runes you got for preordering last year. In the UK i think we only had 2 of them on offer, death and fire. I got the fire one i think off steam.

I would like to see a possibility of getting them now 1 year later at the anniversary. Always found it unfair that the US preorders seem to get more benefits than the european ones. Couple of my friends got all 6 as a reward for making a complaint that a bug meant they couldnt play.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    LOL, slap in the face and pinata in the same post, seriously original.

/rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread