+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fix pinata respawn time

Rift Chaser

Default Fix pinata respawn time

I counted it on the PTS. It was four minutes. I'm in a zone looking at my map for pinatas for >10 minutes and there was 1 pinata that popped up that whole time.
    At this rate, very few people are going to be able to get pinata items. Hell, most don't even know that the pinatas exist.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 02-22-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Shadowlander

Good. If everyone gets everything - what's the point. Why not just buy items on ebay?

Rift Chaser

Ugh, edit time...
    The pinatas also need to scale to player's gear, or/and have a lot more HP. I am less than two minutes from mount running distance to a pinata. 3/4 of the way there, it's dead.
    The servers are far too populated for this to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Noudamarye View Post
    Good. If everyone gets everything - what's the point. Why not just buy items on ebay?
    This isn't applicable to the world event or to the above scenario.

[EDIT]
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-22-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    Ugh, edit time...
    The pinatas also need to scale to player's gear, or/and have a lot more HP. I am less than two minutes from mount running distance to a pinata. 3/4 of the way there, it's dead.
    The servers are far too populated for this to work well..
    On my realm people are camping the spawns (everywere), they appear and are gone within 30 seconds.

This to me is a very poor way to have the start of the event, unless your willing to join the farmers you get nothing, surely they should have seen this coming.
    ---
    [EDIT]
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-22-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    On my realm people are camping the spawns (everywere), they appear and are gone within 30 seconds.

This to me is a very poor way to have the start of the event, unless your willing to join the farmers you get nothing, surely they should have seen this coming.
    ---
    [EDIT].
    [EDIT]

And yea. There are groups of level 50s camping all the spawns. They need to spawn more, need to spawn quicker, and need to have a lot more HP and/or scale w/ the gear of players around them. This is a major issue and a bad way to start a world event.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-22-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Moved thread back

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    [EDIT]

And yea. There are groups of level 50s camping all the spawns. They need to spawn more, need to spawn quicker, and need to have a lot more HP and/or scale w/ the gear of players around them. This is a major issue and a bad way to start a world event.
    I assumed they'd be random spawns BUT each one spawns at a set location, entire groups in shimmersand for example just camped each spawn location meaning legit players have no chance.

I saw one spawn earlier on the map, by the time i had simply transported from one place to the next it had gone, i guess if i want some i have to join them or log in at like 4am while the server is quiet.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-22-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    I assumed they'd be random spawns BUT each one spawns at a set location, entire groups in shimmersand for example just camped each spawn location meaning legit players have no chance.

I saw one spawn earlier on the map, by the time i had simply transported from one place to the next it had gone, i guess if i want some i have to join them or log in at like 4am while the server is quiet.
    The pinatas should have enough HP to the point where they are up for at least 1-2 minutes at the bare minimum, no matter the onslaught to them.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 02-22-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Scaling with gear would be ideal and a shorter timer on the stacking damage debuff that the pinatas get. I don't remember the dragon motes getting the stacking debuff as quickly as these do. I'm guessing they tweaked something in the wrong direction.

It doesn't help that most of them spawn in difficult to reach locations, far away from porticulums, either. I'm not saying the currency should drop from the sky, but the current implementation is a little off.
    Last edited by Ajax1114; 02-22-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Ascendant

not enough pinata's, they are respawning too slowly and dying too quickly.

Telaran

I was waiting for this exact thread to start! Thank you for starting it! Respawn timers are crazy long! More pinatas please! and less spawn time! By the time I reach one its gone. I dont want to do this event until its 4am now when the shard is sleeping!

Soulwalker

I agree 100%. There's just groups camping set spawns, and anyone who shows up is dead, or can't get to the pinata before a farm group gets it. This event is really starting to annoy me.

i agree n scaling and timers, lots of my guild members having an issue reaching them

i agree with spawn times and to create more working on my level 33 tonight instead of my 50 finally reached one in scarwood got to attck but then 2 50s appear continued to let the 2 mobs attack me so they could atk the pinata

think since there are 4 lvl 50 zones that more should appear there to push the 50s there having them farm scarwood is a bit lame especially since it is of course less difficult for them to get there cause they can one shot things where my level 33 cleric as to stop to kill and by then the pinata is gone.

i know i can do the same thing and bring my 50 but i look at from a standpoint that this could be some ppl's first event there are lots of new ppl to the game wouldn't want to ruin the fun for them

The Omniscient- PR MANAGER
    ARCHON MAGE (BY CHOICE)
    4/4 DH,GP,ROTP 5/5 GSB, ROS 5/11 HK

this is exactly how it was with the dragon motes, then trion increased their spawn rate, and within 2 days people were bored with it and each zone had 5+ motes constantly up

just wait a couple days guys, the zerg will get bored with the shiny and those that are dedicated to getting a lot of the beads will have plenty of time to get to it

you have until april 11th to do all this stuff, trust me, you will have way more time/beads than you will ever need

EDIT: and yes, even in low level zones, i remember on a warrior alt stumbling on a dragon mote in stonefield that was near a porticulum, it had 99 stacks of that dmg increase buff

i know it sucks in the first few days or even week, but really, it wont be so bad later on
    Last edited by xanduin246; 02-22-2012 at 05:27 PM.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    this is exactly how it was with the dragon motes, then trion increased their spawn rate, and within 2 days people were bored with it and each zone had 5+ motes constantly up

just wait a couple days guys, the zerg will get bored with the shiny and those that are dedicated to getting a lot of the beads will have plenty of time to get to it

you have until april 11th to do all this stuff, trust me, you will have way more time/beads than you will ever need

EDIT: and yes, even in low level zones, i remember on a warrior alt stumbling on a dragon mote in stonefield that was near a porticulum, it had 99 stacks of that dmg increase buff

i know it sucks in the first few days or even week, but really, it wont be so bad later on

Oh No! Looks like Xanduin is on to us and our timings!

We're looking at the loot drops to push the 50s back to the higher zones. We thought the higher pay outs and rare drops for only con green would be enough - but it looks like people would rather kill a bunch of easy things for a small payout, instead of one big thing for a large payout and chances at rare rewards. We're going to offset that some more, so that's 'pennies' for con grey.

Just as an FYI - you'll have 5 weeks to beat up pinatas (Close guess Xanduin) - and starting next week, other ways to get currency - this was just a head start. So just because there's a wave of excitement over them right now, don't worry about missing out - we're watching it.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 02-22-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Ex, your sig quote makes my brain hurt...oh..and and grats on stomping the whiners, keep it up!
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast