+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT: One Year Later

Soulwalker

Default Disappointed

I started playing World of Warcraft in 2008, about a month before the Lich King expansion came out. I continued, until shortly after Catastr... Cataclysm.

Why did I stop?

Because the challenge was removed from WoW. Things got easier and easier. Now they are even going into the ridiculous with their Panda-story. But they are aiming at 14 year-old players now, so I guess that's okay.

But we've asked ourselves again and again: Why did Blizzard commit suicide like that? They had THE best MMORPG ever, with 9 mio players, growing into 11 mio, and then they kicked their players out, taking the fun out of the game?

Then, when I was totally bored by WoW, I saw those adverts: "We're not in Azeroth anymore". Rift. What? Their graphics looked cool. Could this be something more interesting and challenging that what WoW had grown into?

I didn't try it right away, because I was playing WoW on my Mac, and I didn't want to purchase a game to a PC to find out whether or not I liked it, and there were no free trials back then.

So I only started in Rift, when they gave away 7 days of free trial in Europe in May 2011.

And I was hooked from the start!

Yes, there were a lot of things that WoW did better, but Rift was very new. For instance, Rift only had one starter zone. It didn't have fishing and cooking or first aid. There were to my knowledge back then no secret items you could buy from certain vendors. And I missed a few other things, but overall, I was very happy with Rift.

But then it started... Things got easier

Instead of having to quest for new souls, you had to buy them.

Now you don't even have to buy them, you're born with them. How uncool is that?

And then shards were closed because of low population.

And the Auction Houses now sell items from both factions.

Oh, and now you can fight your own faction thanks to the mercenary system. That totally drags the meaning out of PvP.

I don't get it.

Blizzard shot itself in both feeds by making things easier.

Then came another MMORPG who wanted to do better, and did better!

And now Trion is following Blizzard's recipe? Making things easier?

I thought I would be playing Rift forever. Now I'm probably not going to renew my subscription in May. And I haven't felt like playing Rift at all since the latest patch came out.

Maybe I'm a minority, just like Scorpyo and Astyr in this thread that got closed (why?):

forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/suggestions/296784-rift-followiing-wow-its-way-down.html

Maybe not. Only time will tell if Rift will lose players (paying players) or gain popularity among people who are not so much after a challenge.

How sad!

And I feel betrayed, in fact. WoW was promising. It was great. And it self-destroyed.

Rift raised from the ashes, very much WoW-inspired. Even their ads said so: We're no longer in Azeroth.

And then they betray the people who didn't want to stay in Azeroth because of the lack of challenges. Because of the bored people, who hung out in the chat channels, writing childish stuff.

They saw that Blizzard had failed. They created something more challenging. And then they drag it all away again. They are making the same mistake that Blizzard did, and they don't see it?

I don't get it.

--
    Regards,

Nimrasil (and not Nimrail like my profile says, but I couldn't find a way to change it)

Default Impressed

I, for one, am very impressed how far you guys at Trion have brought Rift.

I started playing a day after release, and to be honest, I wasn't overly enthused about how the game was at that time. I probably played for a month or so, so I did get a fairly good overview of the game.

Now fast forward to three weeks ago. I downloaded a free trial and was immediately ....... wow is all I could say! The game was so much more polished than before. All of the updates and new features knocked me over. In just a short amount a time, you guys brought Rift into a whole different level.

I applaud you guys for all the hard work you've done and are going to do for us in the future. Keep up the great work, you've got my Sub garnered

P.S. Don't let the bastards get ya down ;) Your doing great

Default soooooo.........

almost a year into this game having been hooked in beta 4, when i let warcraft i had 85s in all classes both horde and alliance maxed out all trades.
    I left warcraft because i started a toon on a new server and got to level 30 in 3.5 hours, not even a flicker of a challenge.
    In beta 6 and 7 i had come up with a very nice rogue build and warrior build, the challenge of not being able to get 50000000 npc's rounded up and whack away at them was sooo nice, of having to choose your fights with care even geared via invasions by 16 it was still a very nice challenge. Discovering the hidden cairns and puzzles what weapons used to drop from them; i remember looking forward to getting those when i was leveled to their cap. Then they were gone as I noticed Zone events (Defeating Jakob) in freemarch and the major water invasion had their bosses hit hard with a nerf bat... stonefield bosses too, then the wardstone dailys got removed; the open world pvp quests in scarwood got taken out. New content for raiders galore as we who loved warfront got crumbs and scraps, still i hang in here hoping one day trion will atleast post and official warfront battlegroups listing, give levels 10-19, 20-29, 30-39,40-49 gear to shoot for and improved weapons and augments....
    How long will i hold out waiting for trion to post a list of a team who we can ask directly for improvements for warfronts..?
    There are not enough people who love warfronts and refrain from running instances like myself... of the few who do love pvp, those that read these forums can not seem to band together to take a stand and ask for more... after a year of scraps and crumbs and still nothing from trion on any of the issues i have brought up... now as I do continue to make low lvl over geared toons i say i will give trion one more payment for a six month installment and see what they do from there...

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrail View Post
    I started playing World of Warcraft in 2008, about a month before the Lich King expansion came out. I continued, until shortly after Catastr... Cataclysm.

Why did I stop?

Because the challenge was removed from WoW. Things got easier and easier. Now they are even going into the ridiculous with their Panda-story. But they are aiming at 14 year-old players now, so I guess that's okay.

But we've asked ourselves again and again: Why did Blizzard commit suicide like that? They had THE best MMORPG ever, with 9 mio players, growing into 11 mio, and then they kicked their players out, taking the fun out of the game?

Then, when I was totally bored by WoW, I saw those adverts: "We're not in Azeroth anymore". Rift. What? Their graphics looked cool. Could this be something more interesting and challenging that what WoW had grown into?

I didn't try it right away, because I was playing WoW on my Mac, and I didn't want to purchase a game to a PC to find out whether or not I liked it, and there were no free trials back then.

So I only started in Rift, when they gave away 7 days of free trial in Europe in May 2011.

And I was hooked from the start!

Yes, there were a lot of things that WoW did better, but Rift was very new. For instance, Rift only had one starter zone. It didn't have fishing and cooking or first aid. There were to my knowledge back then no secret items you could buy from certain vendors. And I missed a few other things, but overall, I was very happy with Rift.

But then it started... Things got easier

Instead of having to quest for new souls, you had to buy them.

Now you don't even have to buy them, you're born with them. How uncool is that?

And then shards were closed because of low population.

And the Auction Houses now sell items from both factions.

Oh, and now you can fight your own faction thanks to the mercenary system. That totally drags the meaning out of PvP.

I don't get it.

Blizzard shot itself in both feeds by making things easier.

Then came another MMORPG who wanted to do better, and did better!

And now Trion is following Blizzard's recipe? Making things easier?

I thought I would be playing Rift forever. Now I'm probably not going to renew my subscription in May. And I haven't felt like playing Rift at all since the latest patch came out.

Maybe I'm a minority, just like Scorpyo and Astyr in this thread that got closed (why?):

forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/suggestions/296784-rift-followiing-wow-its-way-down.html

Maybe not. Only time will tell if Rift will lose players (paying players) or gain popularity among people who are not so much after a challenge.

How sad!

And I feel betrayed, in fact. WoW was promising. It was great. And it self-destroyed.

Rift raised from the ashes, very much WoW-inspired. Even their ads said so: We're no longer in Azeroth.

And then they betray the people who didn't want to stay in Azeroth because of the lack of challenges. Because of the bored people, who hung out in the chat channels, writing childish stuff.

They saw that Blizzard had failed. They created something more challenging. And then they drag it all away again. They are making the same mistake that Blizzard did, and they don't see it?

I don't get it.

--
    Regards,

Nimrasil (and not Nimrail like my profile says, but I couldn't find a way to change it)

Sigh. This again people? ok. They give everyone plenty of time to do content while it's hard it's not their fault if you don't or can't do it. Then they nerf it so everyone else can have a chance to do it before the next raid comes out.(ID anyone?) So stop complaining.
    "Man Plans, God Laughs." - Yiddish Proverb

Soulwalker

Default Sorry, say again?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivet View Post
    Sigh. This again people? ok. They give everyone plenty of time to do content while it's hard it's not their fault if you don't or can't do it. Then they nerf it so everyone else can have a chance to do it before the next raid comes out.(ID anyone?) So stop complaining.
    Despite the fact that you quoted the totality of my original post, I don't understand what you mean. I asked one of my friends, who didn't understand either.

Do you think I'm complaining about things being too hard or too easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pippa View Post
    So while we're on the topic of things to come I figured I'd throw in my list of hopes.

I'm hoping that there may be an expansion announcement, character customization in-game (barber shop & more hairstyles), more clothing and armor options (regular & wardrobe), housing, just overall more things for us RPer's. I think a lot of gaming companies neglect these items or at least for long periods of time after launch and I feel this game above all other MMOs would greatly benefit from having things like this implemented. It's just such a great setting for it.

I agree 110% with everything you just said.

I feel like the quality of the graphics is a great setting for housing, and currently Rift has the best looking character models. Both aesthetically and in the details; texture count. There should be a lot more emphasis on appearance. I've also been waiting for the Barber NPC since Day 1. I actually had to reroll my L50 to a dwarf because I ended up liking how some outfits looked on them, vs. my high elf. So a race change feature would be nice too lol.

I feel like recent and new games just don't "get it". Character appearance and graphics quality is #1. It's all about immersion. There are F2P games out that do very well because this is primarily what they focus on. Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes have great armor sets, that mix and match great. And their character models look great too. They even have physics in the models, which I recently seen a mod in Skyrim that tried to reproduce lol.

Speaking of Skyrim, nearly the first mod released was a "nude" mod. Ever since then, the character appearance mods have practically dominated all other mods in popularity.

Guild Wars 2 is receiving a lot of attention primarily from the quality of their character models and the options at character creation.

I think there are plenty of examples in MMO's, even RPG's, that demonstrate just how important character appearance is for players.

Neglecting this can only encourage people to seek out the next best game that emphasizes these things.

Rift has finally started to release content in this regard, but it's nearly too little too late. I do really like the Captured Kelari Ornaments and a lot of the Fae Yule clothing (which I wish could be brought back in some form). The change to wardrobe slots to make armor invisible is great too. Suddenly I'm seeing a lot of half naked people running around lol. Which again, shows just how much people enjoy their character's appearance.

Character appearance is as important as adding new PvE content, balancing PvP, or improving different callings. It's not some optional feature or something to put on the "back burner".

Keep up the good work. I tried one of your free celebration weekends and realized what I've been missing since I unsubbed. I resubbed and haven't looked back. Your package specials sealed the deal for me. Your customer service is second to none and your communication with players was a BIG reason to come back as well. It shows you listen and are available. Still waiting on a vendor that will allow as to change appearance. Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    "Mentoring" doesn't mean help/advice; it means being able to take your level 50 character and join a level 15 group and suddenly be effectively level 15. It basically means the entire game is viable content at level cap.
    Ah, I see. Hmm, that seems very useful too - at least if it's optional and not automatic. I like being able to help my sons with my level 50s. They do about a quarter or less of the dps they could do at their level because they're too young to understand the complex soul system and abilities, and because they sometimes walk away from a boss fight to go and look at the scenery. My higher-level characters can make up for that dps loss.

I do keep same-level chars for them too, and normally use them when playing with them. I guess with a Mentoring system I wouldn't have to use up character slots just for that...

What happens to the "Lock XP" setting if the Mentoring system comes in? Will it stay or will it go?

Since the game is about playing with other people and your already have made pvp so that other players can play on the other side.. It would be nice to have a betrayal quest line or just allow Guardians and Defiant to join LFG together ala Everquest 2. They had it so the whole server could group and instance/raid/dungeon together but still had the main cities seperated into the TeamA and TeamB sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Beringer View Post
    Ah, I see. Hmm, that seems very useful too - at least if it's optional and not automatic. I like being able to help my sons with my level 50s. They do about a quarter or less of the dps they could do at their level because they're too young to understand the complex soul system and abilities, and because they sometimes walk away from a boss fight to go and look at the scenery. My higher-level characters can make up for that dps loss.

I do keep same-level chars for them too, and normally use them when playing with them. I guess with a Mentoring system I wouldn't have to use up character slots just for that...

What happens to the "Lock XP" setting if the Mentoring system comes in? Will it stay or will it go?
    I'd assume it'd stay. That's how CoH did it, anyway. And yeah, I would assume it'd be at least partially optional.

In CoH, when you're doing a mission, you always get set roughly to the level of the mission, but they have difficulty settings; you can set the instance to spawn anywhere from one level low to four levels high.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

So glad to see they are thinking of adding a mentoring system. One the best ideas I've ever seen/used in an MMO.

Mr. Hartsman,

when Rift was released the emphasis was on 20 man raiding, and there was some concern about implementing 10-man and eventually Trion "fit it in the schedule". (Quotes mine. )

I'm asking you now to consider a similar track for 5-man progression.

I cannot speak about the new MM Caduceus Rise (as our guild has not attempted it yet), I will mention the current MMDD:

The 5-man master mode Darkening Deeps feels like it has been designed as a "feeder" for 10 and 20 man raiding... e.g. rewards/time are more consistent with a 2-man Chronicles-feel. (Supplying marks for smaller sub-groups of raiders that allows them to continue to work on gear outside the main raiding structure.)

I'd like to advocate for real 5-man raiding that can be used as a standalone progression path and endgame playstyle for small guilds and those that want the challenge that small swat-team style playing provides.

I'd like to see real sliding scale raiding brought in, reusing current dungeon content, that is adjusted both in difficulty and reward for 5-man teams.

For example: this could include breaking Hammerknell into "wings" or "compartments", adding mobs where needed, partioning boss encounters into three separate instances (similar to Caduceus Rise), increasing in difficulty with the final run containing a 5-man version of Akylios.

Rewards should be appropriately tuned to NOT compete with the current 10 and 20 man, but should be adequately scaled above the current (T1-T2 combined) experts.

Eventually scale for T1 and T2 as possible.

Please check your customer demographics and explore the possibility that there are small guilds that not only would embrace this playstyle, but have been looking forward to having it again (this time in Rift).

-Loving the game and looking to fill "the gap" that exists for 5-man guilds.

-edit for typo
    Last edited by Goldenwing; 02-06-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    *My guild was looking (in Rift) for engaging, meaningful additional outdoor endgame that is inclusive, dynamic, community-oriented, scaling, and strategic -- Real outdoor, persistent-world challenges that require thought, strategy, and cooperation.*
    Outdoor RvE for both PvE & PvP

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Congrats on the first year! Looking forward to what is in store and catching up on what I have missed out on.
    Rift RvR and PvP resource

Seastone / Guardian Cleric / Defiant Mage

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    "Mentoring" doesn't mean help/advice; it means being able to take your level 50 character and join a level 15 group and suddenly be effectively level 15. It basically means the entire game is viable content at level cap.
    And even with it being that functionality, the person coming back to a lower-level area would (presumably) have knowledge that they could share with the "noobs", acting as a Mentor in the true sense of the word.

And I agree with your earlier sentiment, Seebs. Mentoring will be the single-greatest element added to the game (maybe next to Universal Chat). That's topping Ember Isle. That tops Planar Attunement. Mentoring will basically open up the game past five Zones (Headquarters as Sanctum or Meridian, Stillmoor, Shimmersand, Iron Pine Peak, Ember Isle).

My question, which I suppose will be answered in the coming months, is How complete will this "auto-scaling" be?
    - Is it Opt-In or is it Automatic for entering a lower-level Zone? (think, Public Group and PvP Flag opt-ins, versus the Automatic PvP Flag if you approach an enemy Faction stronghold)
    - Will it be for Normal Dungeons? PvP Warfronts (not needed there)?
    - Will Planar Attunement persist on players while they're Mentored, or will their total stats be reduced to pre-agreed maximums for their Mentored level, Attuned or otherwise?
    - Will PvP in lower-level Zones mandate you be Mentored down, or will ganking still occur as P40s run around in lower level areas?
    - Will Mentored-down individuals be able to enter in the newly-expanded Instant Adventure games with Low-Level Local Yokels?
    - With Mentoring in lower-level areas and the potential Mentored-PvP that could happen, will we see PvP Rifts in the sub-50 Zones? Raid Rifts?

As you can plainly see, I am very very excited about this promised feature. I read it on my Mobile while at work today (business was slow), and it kept me pumped up for the remainder of my shift.

Mentoring by 1.9 or bust!
    Last edited by Morvick; 02-06-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

To Mr. Hartsman and the team at Trion:

What you folks have managed to accomplish in Rift, in such a short time, is very impressive. From a marketing segmentation and business standpoint, it was masterfully executed. Technically, Rift has pushed the envelope in what MMOs can offer, and the engine/networking team behind this beast is to be commended. In terms of content, Rift has done an impressive job, releasing frequent world events (however much the currency grinding is probably left for history now ) and PvE raid progression content that has managed to largely keep pace with consumption.

Most importantly, however, is that Trion has managed to do two things right that I haven't seen come out of an MMO dev team in year: they have consistently been attentive, courteous to, professional with, aware of and most importantly responsive to a diverse variety of segments. In amateur moves that would (and in many cases, successfully have) land companies on the cutting room floor, many MMO development teams have failed to run proper marketing segmentation on their playerbases. Trion, thus far, has acknowledged that their playerbase is more diverse than archaic and stereotypical vagueries such as "casual" and "hardcore." My respect for Trion as a competent, professional, in-tune company occurred when Mr. Hartsman stated that the lines between "casual" and "hardcore" were blurring.

This attunement and responsiveness to player segments, and the willingness to take calculated risks in the name of innovation and creative problemsolving is the crucial distinction that sets Trion apart from its competitors in the MMO market.

I believe an opportunity to prove that distinction has emerged in this thread.

At least one other poster has asked about the potential for seeing a viable "five-man raiding progression." I would like to echo this call. I have had the pleasure of being a GM and more recently co-GM for a small, exceptionally tight knit group of friends since 2002, when we first started playing DAoC together. We are a group of real life friends who live together; we've been joking for almost a decade now about how "our vent is called air." We consider ourselves an elite team, and since we've been running together for a decade, are extremely comfortable and familiar with each other's playstyles. We love running together, contributing to and helping the community of whatever server we're on. We love playing together as a "SWAT team", to borrow a term for elite small guilds that I think was used on this thread.

The problem is, for the past 7 years of our MMO experience across multiple games (that we have now abandoned never to return), we have felt shut out of mainstream content and excluded, since there are only basically five of us.

Our guild came to Rift back in Alpha (my co-GM) and Beta II (the rest of us) because we believed that Rift understood the value of community, fostering a sense of "realm" in outdoor, open, public raiding, and Trion's willingness to take very small guilds (roughly 5 people) as seriously as we take ourselves. In DAoC, without exploiting or breaking game mechanics, we 4-manned content designed to be completed with raid sizes of 20-40 players. Yes, it was insane. Yes, it was hard. And it was worth it. Rift seemed to provide the best of both worlds, with a robust 5-man experience through the experts, and meaningful outdoor public raid encounters that allowed our guild to meaningfully progress, interact and contribute to a greater community, and do so without sacrificing or diluting our honored guild tag.

While we firmly believe we have the skill to compete, we simply do not have the numbers to complete 10 man raids, much less 20 man, and even on a highly community oriented and welcoming server (cheers, Greybriar!) we are extremely skeptical of the viability of "alliances", a system we made extensive use of back in DAoC, in a serious Rift raiding environment. After months of research, we have concluded that serious raiding in this game occurs at the guild level, not in alliances, although there may be happy exceptions.

We love Rift, and believe this game has the potential to tap into our "small elite guild" segment of the MMO market. To accomplish this, I would like to echo at least one other poster on this thread who has called for serious five-man progression, in addition to more robust, challenging, and rewarding open world, public raid encounters.

Serious five-man progression would provide an endgame experience for my guild and many other guilds that I'm very confident are in the same boat we're in. The exceptional team at Rift has heeded the community's call for "scaling raid encounters" and implemented several as casual encounters in the form of Chronicles that allow casual players to "see the inside of the instance" or "see the content", a lesson learned. MMDD was a good first step, but basically required T1 raid gear in order to complete, and drops T1 raid gear upon completion. Progression by definition means that you step into any given tier of content using gear obtained exclusively in the previously accessible gear of content, and results in your gear preparedness for the next tier of content. MMDD by this basic technical definition is not progression, but a supplementary supply of raid marks to existing raiders. From what we've seen so far, MMCR suffers from this same malaise, but requires at the bare minimum a hybrid mixture of T1 and T2 (HK) raid gear in order to complete. MMCR, also, by this metric is not progression, but either overturned or a supplementary supply of HK raid marks. Trion has proven its ability to scale raid encounters down from 20-man to 2-man fights and adjust difficulty appropriately for that size and level of content.

It is entirely possible that players like myself and my guild, who have not stepped foot in raid dungeons in this game, have been incorrectly segmented as "casuals" who have no interest in raiding. This is not true at all. We have a GREAT deal of interest in raiding -- in a small, elite, SWAT team context in challenging environments, not forced into a 10- or 20-man box. Rift has demonstrated its willingness to put raid mechanics in small group settings, and demonstrated that these successfully increase the difficulty to approach 10- and 20-man raid environments when one does not overgear and thus trivialize this challenge by using raid-obtained gear. MMDD and MMCR are on the right path, but because both require equal or greater gear to complete than they reward, neither of these fit the definition of "progression" raiding. Ideally, our guild would love to see full clears of DH, GP, RoS, GSB, HK, and so on scaled down to five-man levels. We emphatically do NOT believe the gear rewards should be on par--we are all veteran hardcore raiders and fully appreciate the logstical challenges that large raid teams face, and believe these should be rewarded. We just want progression.

More robust, challenging, and rewarding open world, public raid encounters is in many ways a return to old school raiding where community mattered, individuals could make names for themselves on a given server in positive ways for something other than being annoying in Level 50 chat, and where small numbers have an opportunity to do grand things. Almost ten years ago, our guild in DAoC hosted raid runs with 15-30 people that common convention held you needed at least 40-60 to complete, and most raids ran with 100-130, and still wiped. Rift is the closest our guild has ever come to recapturing this true sense of "epic fights" that were hard on fundamentals (strength of mobs, quantity of mobs, raid positioning and other macro level strategic concerns) rather purely on tricks and gimmicks (don't stand in the fire, bring the balls together, get the debuffs off quickly, and other micro level tactical concerns). Unlike Rift's current endgame invasions, there was no virtual guarantee of success so long as at least 30 players were active in the zone.

Rifts and outdoor invasions are the heart and soul of Rift, its brand, and its ability to tap into that sense of community belonging. Right now, the heart and soul of Rift progression is 20-man instance raiding. I was a hardcore raider almost a decade before Rift launched, and I don't mean in instances: I fully respect, admire, and applaud the serious effort and time that hardcore raiders put into what they do and have no wish to disparage or diminish that accomplishment.

However, Rift needs more serious and robust outdoor content that offers players an alternate progression choice to 20-man raiding and lives up to its brand name. Ember Isle, again, was a good first step, but since EI's release, the only times I've seen an outdoor zone event in this zone fail are when (1) it's 5am and nobody cares and (2) more recently, when Scerrion has bugged out and required a GM intervention to get moving again.

In terms of concrete suggestions, I'll advocate a concept that should be near and dear to any former DAoC players or Devs on the Trion team: if Trion can figure out how to create an RvE warfront, up to and including some version of "keep taking" and Relic Raids against rift mobs in a dedicated Planar War-zone, the result will be an endgame experience that breaks the tired old Instance-Raid-grind-out-of-the-fire-cleanse-the-debuff-dodge-the-wave and replaces it with an innovative, community-building, strategic experience usually reserved for RVR.

Rift's and the Trion team's core strengths under Mr. Hartsman's leadership have been their professionalism, courtesy, and willingness to take customer input seriously and take risks in the name of innovation. Strong market segmentation and an understanding of these segments have been pillars of their ability to accomplish this. Our guild believes that Trion has a powerful and game-changing opportunity in tapping the "small elite guild" market segment, which may be erroneously understood as "casuals" with no interest in or insufficient skill to raid, and in expanding on the outdoor raiding model to offer a compelling, community-building alternative to 10- and 20-man raiding.

Our guild eagerly looks forward to the day when Trion considers implementing serious 5-man raid progression and serious RvE-caliber zone events more robust, challenging, and rewarding than current EI zone invasions.

Here's hoping for another great year in Telara.
    Last edited by MatipzieuKyA; 02-06-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: minor typo

I wouldn't call it "5-man raiding" since it's not raiding, but I would definitely agree on "5-man progression".

I'm never going to raid and that's not going to change. I'm in a 5-man guild with my IRL family, and we would love to see as much "5-man progression" as possible in Rift. Real progression, using the definition mentioned above by previous posters, not just a single pool of 15 dungeons with the same difficulty level and the same level of rewards.

However, it's not at the top of my priority list. The mentoring system (if it's optional) and any PvP content is more important in my view.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast