Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: i dont get it

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    I've realized something. WoW is dead to YOU. It's not really dead, it's doing just fine. But you don't like what they did with that game, so you refuse to look at it as anything but dead. Objectively speaking, it's the most alive MMO in all of history. Comparitively speaking it is less popular than it was at its peak. Subjectively speaking, in your terms, it is dead.

Why? Because the plan works, it just doesn't work for YOU.
    No. WoW isn't dead in the sense that millions of people still play it and it's still making Blizzard money.

WoW is dead in the sense that it's a shell of it's former self. It's boring enough that 1.6 million people suddenly quit playing it within 3/4 of last year.

And if you look at the subscription numbers, and the nerfed content, and when that content was nerfed, you'll see why people are quiting...

A lot of people don't realise why the game has lost it's luster, or are blinded to it because they're getting free gear for nothing... but it's a proven bad system.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxik View Post
    Just because someone successfully debunks the claims made by bad lazy players claiming to be casuals does not make them a troll, either.

No no no. You haven't been successful. You have just been trolling and inflating your ego by implying that you are good and others who are "lazy" and "bad" are not worthy of the items you have.

Are we really having this conversation? It's fictional gear in a video game.
    See our RIFT guides for Shaman, Archon, Chloromancer, Bard and more.

All the Guides, News and Information on the Games YOU play.

Visit our new website at www.GamingWeez.com

No. WoW isn't dead in the sense that millions of people still play it and it's still making Blizzard money.

WoW is dead in the sense that it's a shell of it's former self. It's boring enough that 1.6 million people suddenly quit playing it within 3/4 of last year.

And if you look at the subscription numbers, and the nerfed content, and when that content was nerfed, you'll see why people are quiting...

A lot of people don't realise why the game has lost it's luster, or are blinded to it because they're getting free gear for nothing... but it's a proven bad system.
    Not everyone feels the same or at least enough are not bothered by it in the same way as you apparently are. People have this funny quirk that means that they can like things that other don't, annoying though that fact may be to some it seems. Doesn't make one group right or the other group wrong it just means they like and enjoy different things.

Funny old world ain't it

suffer can mean a lot of different things, but thats another thread

People play the game, it makes money, and there is no talk of that changing any time soon.

There were more servers on "high" than medium and low combined last night. Thats why I go on about "facts" and such.
    Of course there is servers that show high. Thats what happens when you close 42 servers and move everyone into 16 servers.
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Weez View Post
    No no no. You haven't been successful. You have just been trolling and inflating your ego by implying that you are good and others who are "lazy" and "bad" are not worthy of the items you have.

Are we really having this conversation? It's fictional gear in a video game.

Everyone is worthy of the items I have... as long as they put forth the same effort for them.

Everyone is worthy of the items I have... as long as they put forth the same effort for them.

My goodness. I'm done with this conversation.

Go ahead and continue caring and being really bothered by the actions or inactions of other people who you will likely never meet. Continue asking "Why is life unfair"?

That's all you are doing through these threads.

The change is made. A good % of people like it. If you don't... then leave. Ta-Da! Simple.
    See our RIFT guides for Shaman, Archon, Chloromancer, Bard and more.

All the Guides, News and Information on the Games YOU play.

Visit our new website at www.GamingWeez.com

Isz
    Champion of Telara

That is why you are not in charge of who is worthy to get the items. The companies that make the games have a different plan. They implemented it without your approval because they don't think the same thoughts you do about these things.

Rift Disciple

That is why you are not in charge of who is worthy to get the items. The companies that make the games have a different plan. They implemented it without your approval because they don't think the same thoughts you do about these things.
    Then they will meet the same that WoW did with these changes, a massive drop of subs... what more can be done if this is just their "plan"... their plan will fail.. as it always does.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Then they will meet the same that WoW did with these changes, a massive drop of subs... what more can be done if this is just their "plan"... their plan will fail.. as it always does.
    Except WoW never failed (as I showed before) so I don't see how it "always does"

Plane Touched

Huh, I though WoW did that with much success for 5 years or so before subs started dropping from well, boredom from playing for 7 years or so.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Rift Disciple

BC and vanilla... subs on the increase.
    Wrath comes out.. easy content... subs start declining.
    Cata comes out promising BC-like content.. subs INCREASE drastically for a small time.
    Nerfs start happening, subs decline again.

Yes people are bored of the game, not because the game got old though.

again ^

lol

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

Isz
    Champion of Telara

BC and vanilla... subs on the increase.
    Wrath comes out.. easy content... subs start declining.
    Cata comes out promising BC-like content.. subs INCREASE drastically for a small time.
    Nerfs start happening, subs decline again.

Yes people are bored of the game, not because the game got old though.
    How did you get access to all those cancellation surveys?

Also refer to our talk about Objectivity vs. Comparitive vs. subjective.

WoW is fine, and objectively the most alive successful MMO in all of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Narfalicious View Post
    Huh, I though WoW did that with much success for 5 years or so before subs started dropping from well, boredom from playing for 7 years or so.
    i played wow for a few months last year, cleared all cata raid content withing the first month. then quit.

thank god rift came out, but if they do the same stupid **** wow did, it will undoubtedly meet the same fate... become faceroll easy

casual players arnt loyal subscribers, casual players dont report bugs and do public test realm testing on new content. the hardcore/dedicated players is what makes games tick, you piss off the core, you will have no one to give content to..

rift cant nerf content if the core players leave / no one to test the content / actually raid it.. period...

LF content as hard as it was at headstart / or a demons souls / dark souls mmo.
    Last edited by turbododge; 02-03-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

So are you the defined baseline? If other people put in more work than you did, that doesn't disqualify you, right? But if they put in less work than you did, that disqualifies them. So you are the Gold Standard of the amount of effort items are worth, then?

See. If you don't think that other people working harder disqualifies you, you are expecting the entire reward system for the game to be calibrated around you. That's a level of entitlement compared to which people wanting loot for free wouldn't even be a blip. And if you do think that other people working harder disqualifies you, then you probably shouldn't have any items, because the chances are very good that other people worked harder than you did.

Effort is a meaningless notion. Say someone comes along; let's call him Kixon. Kixon has a faster computer than you do, giving him a better frame rate; he has a direct fiber link which turns out to go to the same NOC that Trion's servers are in, giving him half your ping time. He's also got you beat by about 30 points on standard IQ tests, and his nervous system is a bit faster than yours. (That's a common variance between people; the speed difference between really fast and really slow is easily a factor of ten in nerve transmission speeds.)

Now let's say that you and Kixon try to complete the same tasks. Guess what? If a task is really hard for you, pushes you to your limits, it's likely to be nearly effortless for him.

On the other hand, let's consider Nixok, who is playing through 3G cellular dialup, on the low quality renderer, where he gets 10 frames per second. He's considered "developmentally disabled" and finds reading a challenge; while he could certainly read boss emotes, it would take him about ten seconds to struggle through them. He might have to ask someone to explain the words. His reflexes are slow. Also he's colorblind.

Now if we take a task that's hard for Nixok, but he can do it if he really works at it, you're likely going to find it effortless.

So.

By your standards, Nixok should get AMAZING loot for completing the basic solo content in the game, while Kixon should get quest blues for doing Hammerknell on his first try.

Don't like this model? Well, then, apparently your division of the world by "effort" is not really what you want.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast