+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Faction Notoriety Rewards : Bind on account

Telaran

Default Faction Notoriety Rewards : Bind on account

Firstly, I am a huge fan of what Trion is doing differently than most other MMO's and appreciate the rate at which they release new content.

Trion plans on changing alot of pve instances to promote newer players the ability to gain equipment faster, which I am looking forward to for my alts. I am trying to run my alt warrior into a weekly HK pug. He has full t1 raid gear, but I find myself behind other players because he does not have the notoriety needed for some major slot runes. I spend alot of time on my main running AP and CC normal when the game released trying to get faction up to get the leg and head runes for raiding and I find it a bit excessive to have to make the same grind on every character.

Please either make the notoriety easier to obtain on alts or make some of the items from notoriety bind on account. Thank you.

Please make the game easier tone it down more give us everything free without effort please Trion turn this into yet another dumbed down version of those other MMOs that listened to exactly this. I mean after all we are well on our way to it. Nerf here hand out there. Sorry I disagree with that and hoping either Trion stops doing this or that another MMO comes out eventually that puts challenge into things like SoE and EQ in raids where it was actually a bit of work to get up there when it came to raid gear and raids.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aalnyan View Post
    that puts challenge into things like SoE and EQ in raids where it was actually a bit of work to get up there when it came to raid gear and raids.
    I never played EQ, but a few people in my guild did and said they could give dropped gear to alts without them even being in the instance or give gear to raiders not in the instance.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Failstorm View Post
    I never played EQ, but a few people in my guild did and said they could give dropped gear to alts without them even being in the instance or give gear to raiders not in the instance.
    The selling of "loot rights" was a big deal in EQ2, and still is as far as I know. It made a lot of guilds insanely rich when they could keep selling really good loot drops for hundreds of plat each (the plat value in both EQ2 and Rift is roughly the same).

Quote Originally Posted by Aalnyan View Post
    Please make the game easier tone it down more give us everything free without effort please
    I don't see anyone proposing that things be available without expending effort -- just without repeating that effort multiple times.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

Please Trion, don't ever change old content. I like being a cutting edge guild working on the toughest encounters and I want to keep a large gap between me and the casuals so they can never experience old content even months after I have done it and moved on to new stuffs. I don't care if the population has moved on and they have a tougher time finding groups to grind rep and do steps along the progression. I don't care if this discourages new players from joining. I did it and so should they.

The OP isn't asking for easier rep now. He is stating that in the future, gear will be easier to get from sources other than the traditional ones that granted rep and is anticipating that current rep sources for certain runes will no longer be feasible. While I don't agree with increasing the gains from the old dungeons is the way to go, I do think alternate runes should be made available that jive with the new progression path that Trion is creating. Nice canned elitroll though Aalnyan.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I don't see anyone proposing that things be available without expending effort -- just without repeating that effort multiple times.
    That's how I read it as well. I have expended the effort- why shouldn't any character I have benefit? I would love to see more in the way of notoriety and achievements (especially legacy!) become effective account-wide. The rep grinds for one character are absurd, but several times over? It's daunting and very alt-unfriendly.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Banned

Notoriety and PAs are the only thing keeping people from acively making alts. Its just way too much to grind on another character. Id love to make other characters but until my PAs are totally maxed out in T3 thats just not going to happen.

Plane Touched

Two characters are not seen the same just because they are related somehow. Afterall, an alt is a completely different character.

On the otherhand, I'm completely against any form of grind, but anyway.

Ascendant

There's no reason to actively grind on your alt since none of the PAs transfer, not even by a small percentage.

Notoriety is a much lesser concern imo.

You could not give raid gear to people it was bound on account. In eq2 it was sellable and became heirloom meaning it could be handed down to your alternate toons on your account. Some gear wasn't heirloom once you put an augument on it. I agree the loot system needs a bit of changes. I would love to see heirloom and also the ability to zone a raid member in who might not of been there for the kill however theres the factor of why the heck non raiders are running around in full raid gear and not having a single clue about raiding. It has advantages also though that you get someone geared for raiding and don't have to go running a bunch of stuff to get a new player up to par since if he planned on raiding he would of bid in auction for raid loot drops. And yes in eq2 I loved our guild selling loot 1 month the split from sales divided by 24 raiders - anyone under 75 percent raid attendance I recall was 2600p per raider

Quote Originally Posted by Jiada View Post
    Please Trion, don't ever change old content. I like being a cutting edge guild working on the toughest encounters and I want to keep a large gap between me and the casuals so they can never experience old content even months after I have done it and moved on to new stuffs. I don't care if the population has moved on and they have a tougher time finding groups to grind rep and do steps along the progression. I don't care if this discourages new players from joining. I did it and so should they.

The OP isn't asking for easier rep now. He is stating that in the future, gear will be easier to get from sources other than the traditional ones that granted rep and is anticipating that current rep sources for certain runes will no longer be feasible. While I don't agree with increasing the gains from the old dungeons is the way to go, I do think alternate runes should be made available that jive with the new progression path that Trion is creating. Nice canned elitroll though Aalnyan.
    There was no trolling attemp there what so ever it is truely how I feel on the subject. What the company does is their business and if they make rep runes bind on account so be it.

Telaran

Alot of people seem to be misinterpreting. I don't want a content nerf or gear to come easier. Even if they don't want notoriety to be bind on account, how about some runes that can compete with the notoriety ones?
    Last edited by Failstorm; 01-28-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Please either make the notoriety easier to obtain on alts or make some of the items from notoriety bind on account. Thank you.
    The problem with this is that Trion want you to be running that content.

Any new player coming to the game right now will be 100% reliant on others to help them gear up once they hit level 50. Because of that, and because the influxof new players has declined a lot since launch (as it doesin any MMO), Trion need existing players to be here to get those new players through.

If existing players can just skip those steps, new players will find themselves stranded shortly after hitting 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

I would suggest that the Notoriety runes, and only those, be BoA, and have a level req of 50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast