+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIFT Servers seem more and more unstable

Plane Walker

Default RIFT Servers seem more and more unstable

Was raiding a bit today... started getting those pesky delays in my abilities, and after Withering Flames channeled, the bar would start going back, as if it were trying to cast Withering Flames...

These delays are obviously happening during busy hours, and high time. My entire guild is suffering from them, yet they refuse to transfer because of the "community."

Was sitting at 65fps and <70ms and was still experiencing these delays, it's not my machine.

Deepwood Server

Usual times are around 4-5server time Wednesday and 12-4server Saturdays/Sundays... otherwise, everything is perfectly fine 99% of all other times...

I know everyone is just going to say "Change your guilds raid times" "Transfer Servers" etc...
    I cannot do this, I am not my guild leader or an officer, all I can do is step down off the raid roster and try to get others to do the same so change actually happens.

(was also present a while ago on one of my characters on Wolfsbane, but a lot more often, not on Millrush or Silkweb, which are lower pop.)

All I want to know is, what in the world made them think the amount of server instability that is present on some servers is acceptable? It can have severely negative effects on raiding and gameplay in general, all they would have to do is manage the population and properly control how many people they allow on the server... Obviously something isn't running correctly, or something is being pushed too hard and can't handle the strain. Why wouldn't you fix the problem rather than let it persist?

The hardest part about raiding at this point in time, is hoping the server doesn't hiccup. That's just not right.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AWHavoc View Post
    Was raiding a bit today... started getting those pesky delays in my abilities, and after Withering Flames channeled, the bar would start going back, as if it were trying to cast Withering Flames...

These delays are obviously happening during busy hours, and high time. My entire guild is suffering from them, yet they refuse to transfer because of the "community."

Was sitting at 65fps and <70ms and was still experiencing these delays, it's not my machine.

Deepwood Server

Usual times are around 4-5server time Wednesday and 12-4server Saturdays/Sundays... otherwise, everything is perfectly fine 99% of all other times...

I know everyone is just going to say "Change your guilds raid times" "Transfer Servers" etc...
    I cannot do this, I am not my guild leader or an officer, all I can do is step down off the raid roster and try to get others to do the same so change actually happens.

(was also present a while ago on one of my characters on Wolfsbane, but a lot more often, not on Millrush or Silkweb, which are lower pop.)

All I want to know is, what in the world made them think the amount of server instability that is present on some servers is acceptable? It can have severely negative effects on raiding and gameplay in general, all they would have to do is manage the population and properly control how many people they allow on the server... Obviously something isn't running correctly, or something is being pushed too hard and can't handle the strain. Why wouldn't you fix the problem rather than let it persist?

The hardest part about raiding at this point in time, is hoping the server doesn't hiccup. That's just not right.
    I noticed the same thing today.

+ Reply to Thread