+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cross Faction AH now?

Default Cross Faction AH now?

I think i'm reading this correctly from the Patch notes for Hotfix #8

Auction Houses now list and allow you to bid on items from both Guardians and Defiants.
    If so, an excellent move...well done Trion

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...9-1-12-eu.html

You are correct! A+ for trion! I think. I dont have a defiant but as long as it opens up the doors for more trade I'm game.

Shadowlander

Now I can finish the Meridian artifact set without actually having to go there .

Champion

well poo, there goes the benefit of having a guardian and defiant toon to work the auction house. Kind of sad though, if I were on a PVP shard I would NOT want to be selling consumables to the other faction. Or anything for that matter. What's next? Cross faction guilds?
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

100% for this! Great job Trion!

I guess it was a matter of time w\ the ability to do cross faction mail.

I'm curious to see the pros and cons of implementing this.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Anyone else see this as a huge contradiction to the guardian/defiant storyline? Last I checked, enemy nations don't trade with each other. -10 Trion.

Shadowlander

Definite pros for people on the 'lesser' side of imbalanced servers, since there will be A) a good market looking for stuff the bigger side offers, and B) a supply to the lesser side to keep them going. Also, 'helping' the other faction (via profit) isn't always bad - after all, if they're more inclined to stay put because of resources offered, and can strengthen, doesn't this lead to good fun if you're into faction rivalry/PvP? Sure, making them harder to deal with sucks, but it makes for better games/conflicts/PVP, IMO.

It'll be a little messy as each side adapts to the market, since there's often offering imbalances, but should even out fairly well. Also, the market could spiral up on some stuff as it gets cleaned out by the other faction for the short term. It could go a lot of ways, but I can see a lot of benefit. Downsides are more competitors in the AH market for selling, but such is the price for hopefully overall gain.

Plane Touched

I think that since they allows player to exchange stuff between the faction everyone should have know it's gonna happen.
    It would have been an even bigger issue if they haven't do it. In my opinion they allowed people to exchange stuff knowing that they will have to take care about this issue.
    They checked player behavior relative to it. And as most had already guessed they found out that the only way to keep the thing fair was to melt the ah together

Quote Originally Posted by some1232 View Post
    Anyone else see this as a huge contradiction to the guardian/defiant storyline? Last I checked, enemy nations don't trade with each other. -10 Trion.
    i believe the logic would be that the auctioneers themselves are neutral.. not that i necessarily agree lorewise

but the artifact seller in me is really happy

From a gameplay standpoint, great move.From a lore and story standpoint bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

While I certainly agree.. and any kudos for Trion is good in my book, but we sort of already have had it since they allowed us to send things to the other faction (of our own characters).

Difference now being, we can't take advantage of one side versus the other for easy profit any longer. Ah well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

We can all just pretend its the black market.
    Tres <Wipe>
    WOLFSBANE

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

wait...so this is like osama bin ladin selling candy to obama, we kill guardians and now were selling weapons to them so they can kill us with them. I like it!

even though its totally random and doesn't go with the story its needed, having countless servers go under and the AH being effected because no one is online to buy or sell stuff does make a problem
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

Quote Originally Posted by some1232 View Post
    Anyone else see this as a huge contradiction to the guardian/defiant storyline? Last I checked, enemy nations don't trade with each other.
    So I take it you didn't ever actually check? People at war have had ongoing trade relations throughout history.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast