+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cross Faction AH now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladara View Post
    well poo, there goes the benefit of having a guardian and defiant toon to work the auction house. Kind of sad though, if I were on a PVP shard I would NOT want to be selling consumables to the other faction. Or anything for that matter. What's next? Cross faction guilds?
    Use Trade chat to sell items you adamantly don't want going to the other side.

I'm in agreement with the OP - thank you Trion for expanding our purchasing abilities.

Telaran

"Hi everyone,

We already have an ongoing discussion about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-ah-now.html

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!"

Yes why do I have to be a go on this thread why cant I have my own and your complaining link there doesnt even work for me

same AH is crap and bad for business jsut because we pick up buyers doesnt mean we can keep our high prices

instead of competing with 6/7 ppl on an item you now it could be like 12/13. Which means prices drop way faster

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I think i'm reading this correctly from the Patch notes for Hotfix #8

If so, an excellent move...well done Trion

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...9-1-12-eu.html
    I agree. I think it will give us more items to buy, cheaper prices, more competition in the auction houses, etc.. This move can only help the game progress further with the in-game market.
    Last edited by xfrozenxsoulsx; 01-18-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Wish there was a checkbox on the AH next to "Usable Only" called "Cross Faction".

When Cross faction is checked, it would search from both faction AH rather just your own.
    --BC

Ascendant

So funny how so many people are against this, even though a few weeks ago, when cross faction mailing happened, people were asking for cross faction auction houses.

Same goes with the outcry for server mergers and then a backlash against the conversion of shards to trial shards. Its the same effect, but better- it gives you the CHOICE of where to transfer - but people still complain.

Darnd if you do and darned if you don't.

Rift Disciple

ah ****, i was buying up all the cheap boe runecrafting patterns on one side and selling them on the other so those runes didn't start getting produced my side by competitors - that goes out the window now

better make the most of cross faction trading while i can then

Terrible idea unless they allow Guardians and Defiants to start grouping with each other or do an EQ2 style quest that allows you to trade factions.

BTW why are their so many dwarves in Meridian or in defiant areas although they are Guardians?

Reverence - Australia/Oceania Defiant guild
    http://www.reverence-rift.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nysana View Post
    BTW why are their so many dwarves in Meridian or in defiant areas although they are Guardians?
    They aren't. PC dwarves are all Guardians. NPC dwarves can be other factions, like Runeguard.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Okay, I am a big fan of this. Here's why:

A more active market tends to be healthier. In particular, especially on servers with a population imbalance, being on the less-populated faction has been an extra source of pain, because the AH wasn't active enough to provide a healthy market.

From a lore standpoint, this isn't happening, any more than mail between my alts is happening. Not all game mechanics are real in lore. From a lore standpoint, the AH just has a lot of stuff posted by or bought by what are effectively NPCs.
    while I agree with your view on the gameplay effect of this change, I personally disagree with the lore side.

To me, auctioneers are nothing more than merchants and/or traders. They may opperate within he city walls, but that does not mean they have to belong to the faction. Also, it seems fairly clear that the merchants and traders of Telara are neutral. I mean, it's not like one aide defends the caravan in SS while the other attacks it.

When you look at how the AH works, setting up a similar system would require a whole team of people. If I walk up to an auctioneer and list an item, then walk up to the same auctioneer on an alt and buy it off myself, that auctioneer can't just hand it to me. Instead, someone (clearly it him) has to mail it to me. The logical conclusion from that is that all items from auctioneers get sent to a central location (Fortune's Shore if I had to guess, it is the centre of trade in Telara even though it geographically should not be), and posted out when purchased.

If it is only a single syndicate that does both cities, it would make sense that they would offer everyone anything they have in stock.

This is something I've been asking for since beta event 3 (the first time both factions were in the game at the same time), so I am understandably pleased by this change. Now all they need to do is allow for cross faction grouping when outside of cities, and things will be looking up for this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Soulwalker

Doesn't this just mean that the game is getting so incredibly tiny that they had to do this to help the communities?

Amazing. A free market market with a lot of competitors is a good thing. I couldn't be happier with this change... I'm hoping deep down... that MAYBE.. just maybe... this is the first step to cross faction grouping.... that would be amazing for LFD, raids.. you name it.... I can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladara View Post
    well poo, there goes the benefit of having a guardian and defiant toon to work the auction house. Kind of sad though, if I were on a PVP shard I would NOT want to be selling consumables to the other faction. Or anything for that matter. What's next? Cross faction guilds?
    Cross faction guilds? ... Hell Yea !!

Cause that will mean Trion would be one step closer to allow us to kill anyone from any side. Now that would be great! Only players that are safe are the ones in your guild/friends list.

You know... sometimes there are players we wish I could just kill them from the same side for whatever reason.. no need to create another toon to hunt them.
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

Shield of Telara

Just before they gave us the ability to stack artifacts up to 99, I died many times to stack Sanctum artifacts up to 20. Now we don't have to go at all. I like this change to.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

Champion

cross faction in it self is lame
    a person should be able to pick a server and one faction
    thats it
    skrew this lam cross bs

Champion of Telara

I find it amusing that people are complaining about cross faction AH when cross faction mail is already in the game. It just makes it such that the few individuals cannot profit from buying/selling between factions using the mail function.

As for all that about lore. The fact in life is that money transcends ideology. That dictator might be burning US bills on television cursing the white devil, but his lackeys are still using US dollars to buy made in US weapons to be used again US soldiers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast