+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree7Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fae Yule Items are still dropping from rifts

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Furthermore, calling devs are totally screwed: They can't get dev feedback without people thinking they're insane.
    Is this where I admit I frequently use the in game report bug feature to report bugs to myself as I am playing from home? >.>

    I will often portal to a zone I know I read the most, report issues in a way I know will be filtered to me, and then start the issue off by writing "THIS IS ME"...

  2. #17
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Is this where I admit I frequently use the in game report bug feature to report bugs to myself as I am playing from home? >.>

    I will often portal to a zone I know I read the most, report issues in a way I know will be filtered to me, and then start the issue off by writing "THIS IS ME"...
    You my friend, are quite possibly the most awesome Dev. Sorry guys, but this dude is cool.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  3. #18
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Is this where I admit I frequently use the in game report bug feature to report bugs to myself as I am playing from home? >.>

    I will often portal to a zone I know I read the most, report issues in a way I know will be filtered to me, and then start the issue off by writing "THIS IS ME"...
    Hah, that's awesome.

    I suspect you guys could streamline the heck out of that process by adding an account flag "writes good bug reports" and setting it on your accounts and those of people who have a history of good bug reports, then giving special attention to those reports. Probably save a lot of time. Maybe even a counter-flag, "writes things that are not even bug reports". Because in practice, there's not enough time in the world to follow up on everything, so you're gonna miss some. Priority sorting would be good.

    Hmm. The zone thing makes me think: The context logging that's in the bug reports would be more useful if you weren't given an incentive to switch to a different zone for the report (at least in cases where the location is relevant).
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  4. #19
    Rift Chaser Fangthane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    362

    Default

    I had a giant candy cane drop last night doing IA in Shimmersand. I think it might have been from the one fire rift we closed - can't remember.

    It's only 1.2 DPS, but I threw it in the bank anyway as it might be well-nigh relic after the 1.7 buffs....

    Giant Candy Cane
    34.4 DPS (98-116 every 2.8 sec)
    +24 Int
    +24 Wis
    +42 End
    +26 SC
    +18 Focus
    Chance on critical hit to make the target all sticky, and slow their movement by 40% for 8 sec.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

  5. #20
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    259

    Default

    I definetly need the warrior version of this one ^^

  6. #21
    Ascendant xanduin246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Hah! Though, honestly, it's like some people think we aren't playing our own game. We do, a lot.

    It got fixed, because I ran into it while playing. And even though it was a Saturday, I immediately tossed it into a company chat channel where it got picked up and assigned out as a task to be fixed by the appropriate designer when they got into the office that Monday morning.

    We have QA. We have player submitted bugs. We have these forums (and even some 3rd party forums we keep an eye on). But we also are out in the game, playing our own work. I have one 50 in a very large guild where no one knows I am a dev. I am frequently jabbering in level 50 chat, again without revealing myself as a dev. You never know who is on the other side of that screen. ( )

    See you in-game!
    admit it, youre shatterbone's shard troll!

    no but really, i knew you guys knew about it and had a fix for it.. though i didnt know the specifics

  7. #22
    Prophet of Telara TehFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    *goes back to grinding rifts for all the items he didnt get*

    *secretly hopes all of the same items plus more will be back next year*
    Last edited by TehFrank; 01-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.

  8. #23
    Ascendant xanduin246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TehFrank View Post
    *goes back to grinding rifts for all the items he didnt get*

    *secretly hopes all of the same items plus more will be back next year*
    TACNAYN!!

    /secretnemesis

  9. #24
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Is this where I admit I frequently use the in game report bug feature to report bugs to myself as I am playing from home? >.>

    I will often portal to a zone I know I read the most, report issues in a way I know will be filtered to me, and then start the issue off by writing "THIS IS ME"...
    Thank you! I will start the issues off by writing "THIS IS ME" from now on :P
    Last edited by hopp; 01-17-2012 at 11:47 PM.

  10. #25
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Hah! Though, honestly, it's like some people think we aren't playing our own game. We do, a lot.

    It got fixed, because I ran into it while playing. And even though it was a Saturday, I immediately tossed it into a company chat channel where it got picked up and assigned out as a task to be fixed by the appropriate designer when they got into the office that Monday morning.

    We have QA. We have player submitted bugs. We have these forums (and even some 3rd party forums we keep an eye on). But we also are out in the game, playing our own work. I have one 50 in a very large guild where no one knows I am a dev. I am frequently jabbering in level 50 chat, again without revealing myself as a dev. You never know who is on the other side of that screen. ( )

    See you in-game!
    Hmm, well I wouldn't normally wish this on anyone, but here's hoping you experience;

    Mobs (and pets, especially elementals, birds and ghosts) going invisible after ~3 hours of client running.

    Character clothing changing color if your camera momentarily loses view of your character.

    Tab targeting and cycling unflagged enemy player pets (even when you yourself are unflagged) and ignoring hostile mobs when there is a high player population close by.

    Huge latency on zoning into a city at times, which will last for a few hours.

    Mounts not appearing for a good while after zoning to a city, happens constantly.

    Character models not rendering on zoning, requiring 3rd > 1st > 3rd perspective to render.

    And many other niggles, at least there might be an acknowledgement, if fixes are too much to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

  11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Hmm, well I wouldn't normally wish this on anyone, but here's hoping you experience;

    Mobs (and pets, especially elementals, birds and ghosts) going invisible after ~3 hours of client running.
    This one in particular, I run into a LOT. The cause for it has proven elusive. I am probably the loudest squeaky wheel internally for keeping this issue on the radar. My last cage rattling on it was within the last week.

    If it helps, for the invisible mobs, when you kill them, I know you can't loot them immediately, BUT if you run out of their draw distance and come back, their corpses will be both visible and lootable again. Certainly not a fix, but takes a slight edge off the frustration (especially when they are quest mobs). >.<

  12. #27
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    This one in particular, I run into a LOT. The cause for it has proven elusive. I am probably the loudest squeaky wheel internally for keeping this issue on the radar. My last cage rattling on it was within the last week.

    If it helps, for the invisible mobs, when you kill them, I know you can't loot them immediately, BUT if you run out of their draw distance and come back, their corpses will be both visible and lootable again. Certainly not a fix, but takes a slight edge off the frustration (especially when they are quest mobs). >.<
    Oh, that's interesting! I'd been logging out and logging back in to fix it.

    Also, I haven't been bitten by it in ages. I think it favors specific mobs; the little rock guys in northeast Stonefield do it to me a lot, and I just haven't been there lately.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  13. #28
    Plane Walker Mayuko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Character clothing changing color if your camera momentarily loses view of your character.
    I've noticed this one the past few days. I have a Sky Blue outfit that often turns itself a brown. A re-log will then fix it.

    Also, I would think the mounts not appearing is attributed to the lag occurring in capital cities from all the people. Maybe they should stick another AH/banker in another city to lighten the load? Something like Fortunes Shore would make sense, given it's a high level area and not everyone would be there.

    I imagine this is shard dependent too, and related to the on-going trial process with the other servers. Meridian on Faeblight is quite often streaming itself in this regard, due to all the people who've recently joined. It's quick and painless but happens more than before.
    Last edited by Mayuko; 01-18-2012 at 11:44 AM.

  14. #29
    Ascendant xanduin246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Hmm, well I wouldn't normally wish this on anyone, but here's hoping you experience;

    1.Mobs (and pets, especially elementals, birds and ghosts) going invisible after ~3 hours of client running.

    2.Character clothing changing color if your camera momentarily loses view of your character.

    3.Mounts not appearing for a good while after zoning to a city, happens constantly.

    4.Character models not rendering on zoning, requiring 3rd > 1st > 3rd perspective to render.
    #1, #2, and #3 i have been experiencing non stop since launch, #3 happens every time i leave an indoor zone of meridian, it takes about 10 seconds before it will register me opening my bags, soul window, map, mounting, etc

    #4 i have only noticed recently, but its pretty annoying still.. was a bug for a long time in AoC too.. probably still is there

    EDIT: oh, another issue.. maybe its my computer, but grass is CONSTANTLY resetting itself, disappearing (sharply) then slowly coming back into view, ~10 seconds later disappearing then slowly coming back into view, no matter where i am in the world and it happens all the time. i can live with that one, and it might be my computer, i had just had to say it cause its been bugging me for months lol
    Last edited by xanduin246; 01-18-2012 at 12:22 PM.

  15. #30
    Soulwalker nwbasson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    This one in particular, I run into a LOT. The cause for it has proven elusive. I am probably the loudest squeaky wheel internally for keeping this issue on the radar. My last cage rattling on it was within the last week.

    If it helps, for the invisible mobs, when you kill them, I know you can't loot them immediately, BUT if you run out of their draw distance and come back, their corpses will be both visible and lootable again. Certainly not a fix, but takes a slight edge off the frustration (especially when they are quest mobs). >.<
    This happened to me with Stoneroots (I think, the tree things) in Realm of the Fae and in Overwatch Keep. Quite a surprise when an invisible mob starts attacking you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts