+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Instant Adventure - worth subbing for!

Telaran

Default Instant Adventure - worth subbing for!

So i resubbed the other day after 10 months away.
    For a few days ive been leveling my cleric but then heard about this instant adventure feature for lvl 45+
    So i logged my 50 Chloromancer and thought id give it a quick go, almost 2.5 hours later im just catching my breath.
    WOW is all i can say, such a fantastic feature and worth resubbing for alone.

Any chance of it coming to lower levels?

I wouldn't agree that it's worth resubbing just for that.

They're ok, but Stillmoor and Shimmersand get old after a while. Bless you for doing it 2.5 hours straight. I would've gone bleary eyed long before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chenics View Post
    I wouldn't agree that it's worth resubbing just for that.

They're ok, but Stillmoor and Shimmersand get old after a while. Bless you for doing it 2.5 hours straight. I would've gone bleary eyed long before then.
    i love doing IA, but i can usually only do 2-3 then it gets kinda repetitive, more options besides:

1: kill X mobs in area Y
    2: destroy X objects in area Y
    3: kill X mobs in area Z
    4: destroy X objects in area Z
    5: kill boss in area Z

would be nice

i think one in EI would be great, IPP too, and if they could find a way to do it, taking lvl 50 players back through levelling zones would be awesome

but i do really like IA regardless
    Last edited by xanduin246; 01-15-2012 at 10:09 AM.

I think IA is by far one of the best features of Rift. I do wish the rewards were a bit higher though, especially when there is just one or two people in the group. It took about 10 minutes to kill a boss with 2 people, and I got one inscribed sourcestone from it.

Plane Walker

I think it would be really great to have this as a leveling feature from 1-50. I think it would really exciting and a lot less boring if you got out of the starting area and instead of just doing the regular quest lines. It wouldn't exactly have to be IA, but something of the like. Think of it as dynamic leveling quests where it's very similar to IA, but it teaches you the story through each zone. I think it would be a lot of fun and a break away from the typical pick up quests at quest hub, run back and turn them in, pick up more, repeat. It could essentially follow the same quest paths of your typical questing, but you'll always be on the move and feel that it's not so much a chore, but an adventure.
    Last edited by Makexevil; 01-15-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

I like how they scale up with a group, but always seems like I do them solo (maybe cuz I do them around 4am server time).

the one thing I don't like is when you have 2 people and end up needing a tank and a healer because they do some crazy channel that does 2k a tick... takes ages to get through the 170k hp or so.

Something I don't think most people realize is that you can use Anti-Planar Augmentation/Holy Champion against all of the IA bosses. That damage buff makes them die really fast.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

Plane Touched

Thanks for that piece of info, Sonoko. No, I did not realize you could use the anti-planar buff against IA bosses. I mean...I wasn't really even assuming they were planar creatures at all. Thanks!

I agree that it would be nice if it had more options. I also think it likely will in the future.

Back at launch, there were basically no rift mechanics beyond "kill X". Now, while a lot of rifts still do that, a few have special things (like the cleansing stones in the werewolf rift), and I think that goes a long way towards changing things up. Over time, the devs seem to add new mechanics and then add stuff using those mechanics.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

IA is certainly a great feature that is in my opinion still only in it's infant stages i see alot of room for growth with this tool.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoko View Post
    Something I don't think most people realize is that you can use Anti-Planar Augmentation/Holy Champion against all of the IA bosses. That damage buff makes them die really fast.
    and the damage debuff means you can tank em in most any spec. (except the ones that still hit for 2k/tick :<)

Shield of Telara

I would rather want to see instant adventure happening beyond regular places.
    The teleport feature it has allows it to happen anywhere.

Such as, a semi-transparent rock floating high in the air, or within the rift itself, so that we can see the world below.
    Deep in the ocean with air vent here and there.
    Through huge underground mines that nobody knows who made.

The potentials instant adventure has are quite wild.
    Last edited by Tenof; 01-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Rift Chaser

The idea of instant adventure has great potential, but personally think it could do with a bit more work than the current implementation. There are two main things we'd like to see:
    1. More story. Why are we here, fighting/collecting these these various things? Currently, it's like a quest with no flavour text. Would like to see something like an NPC or NPCs who come with you throughout the instant adventure and provide a bit of talk and motivation for why you're actually doing this stuff and what's going on (a bit like the RP you get during zone events on Ember Isle, only smaller scale).

2. More challenge and rewards for people above the fresh-50 stage. The instant adventures in Stillmoor and Shimmersand feel like they are only aimed at fresh 50s (chronicles have this problem too), with the result that they are trivially easy for the majority of the high-level population. It would be really great if both instant adventures and chronicles had versions that provided a more interesting and gear-appropriate challenge to people at higher gear tiers too. Setting some instant adventures on Ember Isle would be a good way to start. The more different end-game activities there are to do, the better, and the more fun and interesting the game is.
    Last edited by Feine; 01-15-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

Quote Originally Posted by Warbs View Post
    IA is certainly a great feature that is in my opinion still only in it's infant stages i see alot of room for growth with this tool.
    100% agree with this. Its a little hit and miss..but when its 'hit' its really fun. just need to expand the zones, quests arcs in it, and level ranges

Champion of Telara

I would sooooo love it if they had one for IPP.... icewatch rep is such a pain to grind outside of AP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast