+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Purging just brings the fun level down and should be nerfed/capped across the board

Default Purging just brings the fun level down and should be nerfed/capped across the board

It's already almost a hassle to play rift. And I am just rambling right now but I really think it is pretty ridiculous that all of your buffs can be taken from you. It's already enough work to keep putting buffs back on since you can't really put them in a macro. I mean why not just make a macro system that auto cast them all it would take the same time?

Trion your game favors rogues and gives everyone else carpal tunnel syndrome.

The lame garbage of rift is barely over shadowed by how good it is.

Sword of Telara

Sicaron and 5 others like this.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Plane Walker

"This game favors rogues" Wait... and you want to take away purging? Have you even looked at riftstalker or how they function?

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post
    "This game favors rogues" Wait... and you want to take away purging? Have you even looked at riftstalker or how they function?
    Not take it away completely just cap it limit it based on how many you have

Champion of Telara

The game is almost a hassle to play. It's pretty ridiculous that all of your hps can be taken from you. It's already enough work to keep your HPs up and since you can't really put them in a macro. I mean why not just make a macro system that auto cast and fill your health at the same time?

DPS just brings the fun level down and should be nerfed/capped across the board.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    It's already almost a hassle to play rift. And I am just rambling right now but I really think it is pretty ridiculous that all of your buffs can be taken from you. It's already enough work to keep putting buffs back on since you can't really put them in a macro. I mean why not just make a macro system that auto cast them all it would take the same time?

godmode clerics are hard enough to kill even with purges

Its fine - learn to recast.

I also think Trion must code bots to play our characters for us. We're wasting time leveling & gearing them.

Seriously, please, think 2 secs before posting.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    Sicaron and 5 others like this.
    This amuses me so much XD
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

I find a few big problems with purges and buffs. Classes that have buffs are usually WAY too dependant on them. Strip fel blades etc off a rogue and watch them melt. Strip warrior buffs off, and the same thing usually happens. Same can be said of some cleric builds. It's almost LAUGHABLE how fast these buff dependant classes go down once you strip them. That being said, it's ridiculous the ONLY class capable of stripping said buffs effectively is a MM. Although VK are pretty good at it too, but they still can't hold a torch to MM.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Purging is part of the game.

What is legitimately an issue are add-ons people are using that pop up to let them know they've been debuffed. Now that, is a real issue. If I purge somebodies buffs off, it's on them to recognize they've been debuffed and rebuff themselves.

Having a program pop up and put the buffs in the middle of their screen to re-apply is something that has no place in Rift.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

So uh...what is this thread about exactly because all I saw was large steaming pile of feces on the first post and no actual words.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Purging is part of the game.

What is legitimately an issue are add-ons people are using that pop up to let them know they've been debuffed. Now that, is a real issue. If I purge somebodies buffs off, it's on them to recognize they've been debuffed and rebuff themselves.

Having a program pop up and put the buffs in the middle of their screen to re-apply is something that has no place in Rift.
    Hey thanks for reminding me, gonna go download it now.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    I had no idea something like this existed. Now you're making me waste my lunch hour looking for an addon. Damn you!

If your gonna complain about purges, then I can complain about healing debuffs and how the make me feel like crap cause I can't keep my allies alive.

I find the opposite to be true, purging makes the game more fun. Nothing is more boring than having 5 people beating on a Cleric that never dies. Nothing is more boring than not being able to stop super runners tearing off into the distance. And so on, and so on, and on.

Too many specs have huge amounts of buffs that make them juggernauts'o'doom. Without the ability to counter this warfronts would be yawn fests.

Effective purges are necessary in Rift PvP. I PvPed in the pre-Eradicate days, and it was just silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast