+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Trion rewards anti social behaviour...

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    Give what is currently the tag-bonus XP to the group of people that do the most damage.

That will encourage grouping up I would think! Would certainly go some way to stopping the lone person tagging everything and then having everyone else present actually kill the mobs..
    I like this idea (it will be better when the gear scaling of mobs for open world content happens).

Ascendant

Though it's still not perfect. Two major problems with this:

1. If a couple of people in Hammerknell quality gear show up and you're not... you may as well just leave. You won't be able to compete with their damage.

2. What about other roles; Tanking, support and healing? It would unfairly punish people for running anything except an all out DPS spec.

Rather than making it a DPS contest everyone who makes a significant contribution to an invader groups defeat should get the "tag" exp. First hit or not shouldn't matter - I think that's what you were driving at though so that I agree with even if the specifics need ironing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    I love people like you. Trion gives you PA to get something while you are doing something else at 50 and you think if you can max it instantly something it wrong.

Had Trion been smart PA cells would have been 500 times higher to put a point in. No Grind. Just when you get the exp you put a point in something.

PA should never be finished. It's something you get as you play the game. A reward for 50 now and then. Not something to max in a day and cry there is nothing to do the next.
    And i love people like you who think that they can control people's behavior. As soon as you institute something new in an MMO that can be ground, people are going to grind it; your opinion, or desires, or Trion's opinion or desires could not possibly be less relevant. People are going to be people, whether you want them to or not.

The problem right now is that the "grinding" must be done solo, and it is best done by taking an entire sourcewell to yourself and forcing other people to leave. Stop trying to control people's behavior and just start structuring things according to what people are going to do, regardless of what you want. People will grind, and they will grind in the best spot. So make what you WANT them to do most of the time (one would assume group content, probably 5 man in nature as the basic mold for the ideal way people should spend their time in an MMO) and just MAKE it the best xp.

Trion needs to control what they can control, and stop pretending people will act the way they want them to.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Yeah seems fairly straight forwards to be honest.

100% EXP for anyone who lands a hit on the head 'invader' (tag or no-tag) then simply give the group (ie. 1 person or 5 people would still be classed a 'group') who deals the most damage, an EXP bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynch View Post
    Yeah seems fairly straight forwards to be honest.

100% EXP for anyone who lands a hit on the head 'invader' (tag or no-tag) then simply give the group (ie. 1 person or 5 people would still be classed a 'group') who deals the most damage, an EXP bonus.
    I don't really like the tag/hit idea.

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I don't really like the tag/hit idea.
    Nor me - personally I think all invasion mobs (be it zone events, EI onslaughts etc) should be open season for everyone as they don't drop loot anyway (that's handled by the invasion 'loot bag' under the map)

I don't know what would be easier, taking the tag mechanic away from these mobs or adjusting the EXP per group, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynch View Post
    Nor me - personally I think all invasion mobs (be it zone events, EI onslaughts etc) should be open season for everyone as they don't drop loot anyway (that's handled by the invasion 'loot bag' under the map)

I don't know what would be easier, taking the tag mechanic away from these mobs or adjusting the EXP per group, though.
    I personally believe that experience from invasion/rifts/onslaughts should not happen unless you are flagged for public group. They could drop more xp crystals from rift loot tool.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    And i love people like you who think that they can control people's behavior. As soon as you institute something new in an MMO that can be ground, people are going to grind it; your opinion, or desires, or Trion's opinion or desires could not possibly be less relevant. People are going to be people, whether you want them to or not.

The problem right now is that the "grinding" must be done solo, and it is best done by taking an entire sourcewell to yourself and forcing other people to leave. Stop trying to control people's behavior and just start structuring things according to what people are going to do, regardless of what you want. People will grind, and they will grind in the best spot. So make what you WANT them to do most of the time (one would assume group content, probably 5 man in nature as the basic mold for the ideal way people should spend their time in an MMO) and just MAKE it the best xp.

Trion needs to control what they can control, and stop pretending people will act the way they want them to.
    Pretty much this, there will always be some people who want to get the most levels they can, the fastest they can. If they want people to do other things, the best way to do that is to give exp boosts to those specific things, that alone will generate a greater interest in those activities. Just take a look at the slight boost to xp from wf/dungeon dailies. The warfront daily often results in instant queues, which in the past, even during peak times, rarely happened.

So by increasing exp rewards for other things, people will do those things more. But more importantly, by failing to increase exp rewards for other things, people will avoid those things more.
    Atyr - Executor of Addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Atyr View Post
    Pretty much this, there will always be some people who want to get the most levels they can, the fastest they can. If they want people to do other things, the best way to do that is to give exp boosts to those specific things, that alone will generate a greater interest in those activities. Just take a look at the slight boost to xp from wf/dungeon dailies. The warfront daily often results in instant queues, which in the past, even during peak times, rarely happened.

So by increasing exp rewards for other things, people will do those things more. But more importantly, by failing to increase exp rewards for other things, people will avoid those things more.
    This is what i was getting at, but in a much more salient form. I am glad someone understood the point, because now that i read my post it kind of gets lost.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

I think Trion should take another look at the PG flag, in a three pronged way.

First of all make it so you can join PG's while queued.

Second, make it so NOT having your PG flag on in EI will reduce your PA gain HUGELY.

Third, make XP increase for the group for however many people damage each mob, only slightly.

The first would fix the stupid situation when queued, obviously, and solve any problems associated with the second when queued.

The second would mean you can still solo grind at full XP if there is nobody else, you will be PG flagged. As soon as someone wants to join your PG, you can't stop them unless you turn PG flag off and cut your XP gain enormously to what it would be in the PG. The base group XP per person would be less than solo but a lot more than solo non flagged PG.

The third would promote group work, grabbing mobs and pulling them all together for everyone to have a piece of.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Banned

They just need to remove the "tag" bonus exp and just make it a flat number with a little bit more exp the more effort you put into killing the mobs. Right now all you need to do is tag the mob and let other people kill them. You dont really get more exp for being in a group. The range you have to be to other people that have killed something isnt really that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    I think Trion should take another look at the PG flag, in a three pronged way.

First of all make it so you can join PG's while queued.
    /signed

Second, make it so NOT having your PG flag on in EI will reduce your PA gain HUGELY.
    Wouldn't have to be for all mobs but I would like this on Onslaughts, Invasions, Instant Adventures and Rifts mobs and do this for the entire game and not just EI.

Third, make XP increase for the group for however many people damage each mob, only slightly.
    Not all players damage mobs (healers).

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Personally I'd be for altering one or two (um, I can't think how many Sourcewells there are altogether right now) of the existing Sourcewells into Heavy Onslaught areas with much, much more difficult and numerous attackers. Real intense "work together or die" fighting. The kind of place where trying the solo tagging act would just get you smeared over the nearest rock.

This would leave the regular sourcewells for the soloists to mess around in but having these Heavy Onslaughts for those that want a nice engaging scrap in a public group.
    There are 13, I believe. Were I going to pick two to convert I'd say Nykantor Ruins (south of Ember Watch) and Wellspring Flats (north of Ember Watch). Those two are consistently the most populated. Plus, Wellspring Flats and the one north of it are the two most 'abused' by low level leechers, so maybe that would act as some deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    1. If a couple of people in Hammerknell quality gear show up and you're not... you may as well just leave. You won't be able to compete with their damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    The problem right now is that the "grinding" must be done solo, and it is best done by taking an entire sourcewell to yourself and forcing other people to leave.
    Yes to both of these. I see it happen all the time on my server. The better geared players engage the invasion packs along the outside perimeter of the sourcewell leaving everyone else standing around waiting for invasions that never come. Between that and invasions frequently getting held up along their path by other mobs I kind of wish they'd stay in immune mode until they're inside the actual sourcewell area.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
    Shouldn't you have said:

"Stopped reading here."

Just saying..

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    They just need to remove the "tag" bonus exp and just make it a flat number with a little bit more exp the more effort you put into killing the mobs. Right now all you need to do is tag the mob and let other people kill them. You dont really get more exp for being in a group. The range you have to be to other people that have killed something isnt really that big.
    ^ this.

It seems like the only change that needs to be made, and the only one that's fair to everyone.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast