+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Trion's patch schedule slowing down?

Sorry seebs. Looks like Amary doesn't love you enough to add you into today's hotfix.

I haven't eaten cake since last year. I'm so proud of myself. Time to head to Giant and buy a cake to celebrate.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    For those wondering: Yes, it's a joke based on it being January 2nd, and "all year" being the last day or so.
    It saddens me you had to explain this.
    Anduri - Gelidra
    United Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    But but but...mom always told me that devs don't have souls.
    Devs have souls, but very often, they have no lives. ;)
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Ascendant

Hmm, maybe they do couple quickies after Jan, first at the beginning then early/mid Feb. Come on, this 3 days free was nothing more than damage control because of SWTOR.
    Last edited by June; 01-03-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Telaran

I wait all year to use this joke.

Seebs, the "Shaddap Seebs" NPC has been nerfed into simply "Shhhh." He will be annoying people in 1.8...

;)
    "If you argue for your limitations, you get to keep them" - Richard Bach
    "Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness..." - Anonymous

Great list of help for new players! Click Here!

I can't be the only one to have noticed that we haven't had a content patch all year.
    Well played TRS, well played.

My wife and I took a vacation to the beach on the 25th this last December and took the road less traveled on our way back.. more of a asphalt roller coaster than 'road' really... To my wife's relief I remarked that I had had enough adventure to last me the rest of the year. 20 minutes later she turned to me and exclaimed 'Heeeeeyy!' and made a cute pouting face.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

I was half expecting hotfix #6 to show up with nothing but a new NPC named "Shuddup Seebs".
    You're fast-approaching 10k posts, that may be well-warranted. ;D

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

I expected them to take a vacation, you know, just like the rest of us(holidays). I didn't except, like you said, and I quote, "2-3" weeks. They fact is that people are paying for this game every day and expect them to work for their money every day. Holidays are excusable, but the only real holiday as Christmas and that was weeks ago.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Well, just looking at my workplace's calendar, we get the 24th and 25th off, or if they're weekends, nearby days, and the same for the 31st and the 1st. So we get four days off in a period of a little over a week. Plus, a lot of people choose to use up some vacation time around this time of year. My boss was out from December 16 through January 2, for instance.

And even if you're still working, other people are out.

The net effect is, every place I've worked that had vacation time, there's been effectively a 2-3 week lull in development around xmas/new years. Lots of people are taking the time to catch up, finish annual goals, and otherwise do stuff that interrupts development and needs to get done sooner or later.

So I always expect things to be delayed around this time of year, and usually that's what happens.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

If people really start getting upset about Trion taking a little bit longer to get a content patch out, I would advise them to please go play LOTRO. Turbine gets content updates out on average every 3-4 months, so even if Trion takes a little longer than normal to get 1.7 out, it's nothing compared to the wait players in other MMOs have to deal with.

Seriously. Trion puts out content faster than any other MMO company. Anybody who starts seriously complaining about their release schedule needs a reality check.

Seriously.

I agree, but they kind of bit themselves in the derriere when they set the expectations so high. If they are going to slow down indefinitely they should say so. That way, everyone's expectations will be much, much lower.

I know your OP was a joke because the new year had just rolled around, but them not having posted anything about what they are hoping to place into our game is going to raise some ears. There's talk about people being bored on the forums. The last patch was filler(IA, cleric stuff), not a true patch in the sense of Ember Isles. Ember Isle is huge, but it's been out for 2 months and, besides the ultra casuals(such as yourself), we've eaten through all of that content. Us hardcore players are paying customers as well.

I honestly expected them to do a bit more considering that SWTOR launched and a bunch of people left because they asked themselves, "Why should I keep playing Rift?". A lot of guilds are breaking up over Hammerknell or can not fill rosters on raid day. It seems the casuals have it good because there's a lot for them to do. But, I reiterate, hardcore players are customers, too. Should we get penalized for being hardcore players? I don't think so. I play in between breaks at work and when I get home from work. I don't go to bars, I don't watch movies, I don't have that favourite sitcom I have to watch every night. I play Rift and I shouldn't be penalized or looked down upon because of that.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I agree, but they kind of bit themselves in the derriere when they set the expectations so high. If they are going to slow down indefinitely they should say so. That way, everyone's expectations will be much, much lower.

I know your OP was a joke because the new year had just rolled around, but them not having posted anything about what they are hoping to place into our game is going to raise some ears. There's talk about people being bored on the forums. The last patch was filler(IA, cleric stuff), not a true patch in the sense of Ember Isles. Ember Isle is huge, but it's been out for 2 months and, besides the ultra casuals(such as yourself), we've eaten through all of that content. Us hardcore players are paying customers as well.

I honestly expected them to do a bit more considering that SWTOR launched and a bunch of people left because they asked themselves, "Why should I keep playing Rift?". A lot of guilds are breaking up over Hammerknell or can not fill rosters on raid day. It seems the casuals have it good because there's a lot for them to do. But, I reiterate, hardcore players are customers, too. Should we get penalized for being hardcore players? I don't think so. I play in between breaks at work and when I get home from work. I don't go to bars, I don't watch movies, I don't have that favourite sitcom I have to watch every night. I play Rift and I shouldn't be penalized or looked down upon because of that.
    I have no problem with that, but this is the first time Trion has taken a little longer to get an update out. There's no reason to believe this is going to become the norm, at least not yet.

Champion of Telara

About SWTOR....

I think it wise for Trion to delay a bit. Let the newness of SWTOR fade, for everyone to hit 50, and for people to realise that end game is pretty much just PvP.

Then come 1.7, those who like endless PvP can stay in SWTOR (and probably subsequently jump ship to GW2), those who actually want to PvE can come back Rift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast