Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: This security issue is....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthik View Post
    Just like I posted in the last thread lol. Dont use the same password for every account. Yeah, its easy to remember but your screwed when it's discovered. And be honest with yourself... How many times have you kids heard, "The internet is not safe." You worried about Your email and the last 4 of your card and you'll turn around and toss your bill in a public wastebin. That bill has more info on it than your Trion account does...
    I use a lot of the same passwords ..but A:they tend to be 12-16 with numbers, and symbols (if allowed)...and B: im lazy and so give up some safety for the right to only memorize a handful of passwords :P

Quote Originally Posted by WhaeverNever View Post
    How do one delete the account and game from the surface of this world? I never want to have nothing to do with Trion again.
    You edited this post, and that was the best you could come up with?

Gee I don't know.. why don't you try uninstall?

Oh and just a btw.. there's a t in whatever.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    Yeah,swtor/bioware/EA will probably never get hacked look at the quality products they put on the market.

I don't like comparing Rift to WoW or anything, but this just had to be brought up. About how many Blizzard accounts have been hacked and actually had damage done to them? (I had unsubbed for a few years only to come back from overseas to a wow account with around 20k gold and no gear lol. It was being used to farm and they even bought gametime on it. Game Cards FTL). Hateon Trion all you want. Your nuts if you think this doesn't happen to a lot of companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post

when making fake troll accounts you have to start getting creative with the names. Im just waiting to see if he(or she) goes for a third trial account as another reinforcement attempt for his (again or hers) OP

Telaran

i was on hiatus, my credit card infos were removed so no loss for me (even if the password would not been encrypted - i don't use it anywhere else)

BUT the 3 free days gift is certainly nice, i'm downloading the 2.8GB patch right now and i'll definitely play it a bit over the weekend

i consider this a christmas gift :-)

(and it's hard not to wonder - how many of those "returning to check what's changed" will actually stay after those three days are over :P)

He's talking about actual account information and while he is obviously a troll he asked a good question. I have accounts unsubbed but still existing on eq1 still because they didn't (dunno about now with new laws and such) or don't offer a FULL DELETE EVERYTHING off the server button.

I don't like comparing Rift to WoW or anything, but this just had to be brought up. About how many Blizzard accounts have been hacked and actually had damage done to them? (I had unsubbed for a few years only to come back from overseas to a wow account with around 20k gold and no gear lol. It was being used to farm and they even bought gametime on it. Game Cards FTL). Hateon Trion all you want. Your nuts if you think this doesn't happen to a lot of companies.
    dude..score :P you can get new gear but 20k gold would of taken ages :P

Quote Originally Posted by NzFox View Post
    when making fake troll accounts you have to start getting creative with the names. Im just waiting to see if he(or she) goes for a third trial account as another reinforcement attempt for his (again or hers) OP
    Well I honestly think their time would be better spent reading the dictionary, than annoying us!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raimla View Post
    While I agree with you, this is not true for me:

I use a seperate e-mail account for games that I never give out to people. Just a tip as it might help your security even more.

YEah, so do i. Now that email account is untrustworthy
    Last edited by Rainman; 12-23-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Nah, 20K gold doesn't take ages anymore.

That's what I said. I still haven't used all of it lol. It's sitting there collecting dust over the last couple years.. Wish it accrued interest!

That's what I said. I still haven't used all of it lol. It's sitting there collecting dust over the last couple years.. Wish it accrued interest!
    Ok changing the subject, and I don't really care seeing there's a few threads on this same topic now.

I saw someone else with the special reindeer tonight.. I am now farming to get it. It's so much nicer than the normal one! You know the one.. the roadkill mount! hehe

Ok changing the subject, and I don't really care seeing there's a few threads on this same topic now.

I saw someone else with the special reindeer tonight.. I am now farming to get it. It's so much nicer than the normal one! You know the one.. the roadkill mount! hehe
    wait...its different? (been to buzzy to log in much last couple of days)

wait...its different? (been to buzzy to log in much last couple of days)
    Yeah, it's got bells on! Oh and red ribbons, and a special saddle. It's pretty hawt.

I've only seen three people with them on Greybriar. Rarer than tartagon teeth tbh!

Yeah, it's got bells on! Oh and red ribbons, and a special saddle. It's pretty hawt.

I've only seen three people with them on Greybriar. Rarer than tartagon teeth tbh!
    Had a convo with someone who picked it up when it first became available. He said it was ugly and he bought the vendor one because he liked it more. The only good thing about picking it up, he said, was that he got his 10 mount achievement lol. In the meantime I had collected over 1500 snowflakes just today going from lvl 36 to 42. Im on my 3rd roadkill mount now. All my toons will have roadkill mounts, santa hats, and rudy. Ill be ***** if im not gonna get SOMETHING out of this event. Oh and like 40 snowmen lol. Guess after a week or so of grinding for it, i just found myself getting more frustrated. If i get it, awesome. If I dont, w/e, I got rudy, santa hat, and roadkill on all my toons.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast