+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree26Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Developer Q&A - Planar Attunement Respec, Upcoming Gear Changes & More!

Default Marriage in Telara?

Quote Originally Posted by Beringer View Post
    Just scaling up hitpoints will result in a unfulfilling and disappointing experience. You must also scale up the rewards. Also, players must be allowed to feel powerful and notice that they become more powerful as they progress. May I suggest creating different tiers of crafting rifts? Minor, major, expert, raid crafting rifts. This could add another path of progression for crafters and guilds.

Then I demand new role-playing animations for the wedding night, or we won't be able to consummate the wedding! ;)
    Then we need to be able to have children and the responsibility that comes with that. Raising a child/children (possible twins) means another character slot for children and their adventures in Telara as well. Let's have them mature faster than normal (magical enfluence) and actually have other souls to choose from or only allow one soul since they are not ascended, but learn faster and are more powerful. What impact will that have on the fact the ascended were sent back in time to quel a battle is unforseen.Actually having a completely new MMO spring from the union and name it "Children of Telara"

Default what I really would like to have added

I very much like the what they are doing by giving sending us a look ahead of what the dev's are working on for the game and hope that this continues.

The one thing that I have been asking for is and I really do not know why they can't include this in a future game patch update is for each player to not be limited to only six character slots for either guardian or defiant characters.

I really would like to have atleast 2 more character slots and 4 would be really awesome added to the game.

Other than that just keep up the good work and look forward to playing this game for a very long time.

Many thanks to the dev's for bringing us this wonderful game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Adding Wardrobe weapon slots is a topic that comes up pretty frequently around the office. That being said we wonít be adding them in the near future =( Overriding a weapons appearance is much trickier then changing the appearance of a helmet or a pair of boots. It effects the players animations since not all weapons support all animations, as well as being a key indicator to what type of opponent you are facing in PVP. As such itís not quite as easy to just toss in as people might assume.
    I feel that you have failed to understand Weapon Wardrobe.
    Coming from Warhammer you should know how this would/and should work. Dagger appearance can be changed by daggers only, Swords for swords, and 2hd Axe, with 2hd axe.

I dont need a 2hd axe appearance for my dual wield axes, that would be stupid. I just want looks from other 1hded Daggers/swords for my Daggers or swords.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks for punish all the hardcore raiders

We checked the gear changes, thanks for punishing all the HammerKnell raiders so far!

Please upgrade the HammerKnell/RotP items as well as u did with the t1 gear, this is just madness.

U expect people to put alot of time and effort to clear the end-content raids and this is how we get rewarded?

Punishing people for their hard work AND asking monthly payments for it... strange...

Ascendant

Your hammerknell gear is still going to be better then anything that the previous tiers have.

DON'T mention darkling skull being best in slot at the moment on the PTS, it's been clearly stated that the PTS gear changes are preliminary, and adjustments are coming. For everything.

Your not being punished.

You cleared a path through the jungle and arrived at your destination. Others are now going to be following. Of course they have less brush to clear. Eventually, down the line, there will be a 4-lane highway.

Again, you are not being punished. Time is simply moving forward. And, much like the world around you, so is the game.

Men climbing Everest with better and better equipment, does not detract from those that came before.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Your hammerknell gear is still going to be better then anything that the previous tiers have.

DON'T mention darkling skull being best in slot at the moment on the PTS, it's been clearly stated that the PTS gear changes are preliminary, and adjustments are coming. For everything.

Your not being punished.

You cleared a path through the jungle and arrived at your destination. Others are now going to be following. Of course they have less brush to clear. Eventually, down the line, there will be a 4-lane highway.

Again, you are not being punished. Time is simply moving forward. And, much like the world around you, so is the game.

Men climbing Everest with better and better equipment, does not detract from those that came before.
    I'm not just talking about darkling skull its about all items, yes hammerknell will be better then the rest but with what? +2 int +1 wis +1end +1 spellcrit +1 focus? (for mages example) u expect people to do all that end content for such minor reward... nice if the game is moving forward would be also nice if they forwarded all gear sets and not rip-off the hammerknell+ raiders.

And this is not about some people who want to boost their ego with much better gear, its about time and effort put into that content that is being insulted by the changes they show now.

In my opinion if they drive this lane and not tweaking much forwarded towards end-content runners as it is now then its just a giant spit in the eye for all people who put much effort into clearing hammerknell/rotp content.

Default Apperances

I personally never really got into the customization of my character, so it really surprises me how near-and-dear this type of activity is to some players. Whether it be via their clothing, weapons or physical appearance.

I'm only guessing Trion is listening, because I've "heard" in several Raiding groups I've been in how much people like having the ability to modify the hair style/color, etc.

Recently one player commented how they'd like to have the ability to remove/replace the facial markings their character has...

Now THERE'S your cottage industry in Meridian or Sanctum!
    EIOIN of FAEBLIGHT

Default Planar Attunement tier 3

Any idea when Planar Attunement tier 3 gets unlocked? Almost done with a tier 2 but don't want to fill hex's I don't need if it's going to be months away. Can we get a date please as I can't find it anywhere.

Plane Touched

As we don't know i think that the best solution is to keep the free PA reset until the tier 3 release

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Black Howling View Post
    4.) Some players are solitary creatures... And TRUE this is an MMO not a single player game. but there needs to be some path to elite gear that doesn't require a 20 man "Frat" squad to obtain...)
    I second that.

I'd love to play with a regular group, but it's hard to find one Eastern Standard Time that is at the right level at the right time right when it takes a couple of of hours to complete a dungeon. Right now there is only one single-player Chronicle, and no single-player dungeon that I know of. I'm not ready for tier 2, and haven't done tier 1 or normal dungeons because I can't find a group during my limited play time.

So, since there are tons of group dungeons and at least three duo chronicles, could we have something else for solo?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbW View Post
    I second that.

I'd love to play with a regular group, but it's hard to find one Eastern Standard Time that is at the right level at the right time right when it takes a couple of of hours to complete a dungeon. Right now there is only one single-player Chronicle, and no single-player dungeon that I know of. I'm not ready for tier 2, and haven't done tier 1 or normal dungeons because I can't find a group during my limited play time.

So, since there are tons of group dungeons and at least three duo chronicles, could we have something else for solo?
    Purchasing the four piece epic set appropriate for your spec (which should be a strong solo spec) will see you able to solo all current chronicles. You can (and should) completely skip T1 expert dungeons by purchasing thesame equipment and picking up a few other select items. Doing this, you will be able to queue for T2 dungeons with no issues, and will even be able to join GSB and RoS raids.

Obtaining gear solo in this game is not a barrier to other content. If you want the gear to participate, it is here to be taken even if you are only able to solo. Since it is possible to get gear good enough to join raids via soloing, any progression onwards from that would require solo content to drop raid quality loot. That is something I'd rather not see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

I personally am looking forward to the new patch. The removal of prestige rank on pvp items will make pvp fair. Players won't avoid pvp because they won't be so outclassed by people with rank 8 Prestige. Tho it will be unfair to those who have earned that rank. Perhaps *maybe* expand the pvp goods more, and find another use for the prestige rank. Don't abandon it. I am not saying items again, but some kind of use for those who have done all that work. I am also curious in the marriage aspect. I know there may be some advantages you are not saying yet. There has been a rumor that there will be an expansion for a house in the future. The tier 1 and tier 2 dungeon, I think will make it easier for people to gain access to more challenging dungeons. I do have a suggestion for future updates. In the bank, (and this is based on personal experience.) it would be helpful if we could deposit money. I find it hard to get beyond 65P. I think having some savings in the personal bank would help me and many others. Others have expressed tho that keeping objects that are worth alot in the bank, as an emergency source of funds solves that problem. It's just my personal preference based on other mmos i have played, tho others share the liking of this idea.
    The wicked symbol is my all seeing eye. It sees all, knows all, and never sleeps. It knows when you are sleeping, it knows when your awake. It sees you right now and it does not approve.
    Blog :http://https://twitter.com/Game_Blog0086

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9