+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Developer Q&A - Planar Attunement Respec, Upcoming Gear Changes & More!

Rift Master

I'm surprised to see the 20 questions from Allion the Rogue "dev" not mentioned here. Actually, I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    I got bored waiting for this supposed "auto-switch" after 5 minutes. My cleric is still standing in meridian with the wand showing. So, sorry, but actually I was right and you were wrong.
    use any offensive or healing ability on a target. voila the wand goes away

Weird since mine goes back and forth every 10 mins.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Soulwalker

Im sorry but I have to disagree with those of you who are complaining about the scaling and the gear upgrades.

First the upgrades.... no one said they would be "comparable", they're simply closing the gap a bit because there is wayyy too much of one.

Scaling? So its okay for one person playing an MMO *by himself* (wtf?) to close a major rift leaving everyone else hanging because he pwned everything in sight? Its less fair to those who are still in the process of "working" to get said gear. And also, how can you know how much harder it will be? Honestly getti8ng all the way to the end and working so hard for that kind of gear, only to have things to do easier than taking candy from a candy hating baby, Id quit. Thats boring. Accept the challenge and maybe play the massively multiplayer online rpgWITH someone and you wont have any trouble.

Being able to close a rift that fast alone is just defying everything Rift is about.
    Last edited by xWintersunx; 12-21-2011 at 04:31 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Aw, I love the Q&A but it makes me sad that the "wedge" doesn't involve the new supposed faction. I was hoping for that, lol.

Telaran

Please!!!
    add Rifts to Instant Adventure i mean the Instant Adventure is really great but killing randome things is boring once you do it 2/3 times i love doing Rifts been trying to solo them but no one in any server want to do any.

add 2/3 Major level 50 rifts and increase the power of the last boss in each rift by the amount of players around him and make them drop Inscribed Sourcestone!!

zero info on pvp, par for the course!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xWintersunx View Post
    Im sorry but I have to disagree with those of you who are complaining about the scaling and the gear upgrades.

First the upgrades.... no one said they would be "comparable", they're simply closing the gap a bit because there is wayyy too much of one.

Scaling? So its okay for one person playing an MMO *by himself* (wtf?) to close a major rift leaving everyone else hanging because he pwned everything in sight? Its less fair to those who are still in the process of "working" to get said gear. And also, how can you know how much harder it will be? Honestly getti8ng all the way to the end and working so hard for that kind of gear, only to have things to do easier than taking candy from a candy hating baby, Id quit. Thats boring. Accept the challenge and maybe play the massively multiplayer online rpgWITH someone and you wont have any trouble.

Being able to close a rift that fast alone is just defying everything Rift is about.
    What are you talking about ? Many people (although certainly a minority) can do major rift solo but nobody can solo a major rift so fast that other people around can't get credit...
    This statement about gear scaling have been said as reply to an issue with crafting rifts being completed too fast to get credit of, and it's an issue because they're often done by raids of 15-20 players, and crafting rifts are never major rifts.
    So why are you coming up with major rifts and soloing ?

On a side note I think this gear scaling should only apply on crafting rifts; and if for all rifts, only with a raid of 10+ players doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    I agree it can be tricky but thats all in the coding of each particular item. A simple base word for each item when coding can be used to signify and identify each item when used that coincides with each particular item in question.

Shields themselves are the most simple of coding, Weapons I see the issue your are speaking of, like when you add visual effects to the weapon like a glow, that it would conflict with the appearance or cause a player to crash when the item in question does not agree with the coding. If any item used to change the appearance like a glow, stat adding effects of a glow or similar effects, I suggest a coding to prevent the players from adding it to the Main character screen, with a simple warning in red as shown on the screen when we try working with other items in question that are not allowed or cannot be done at that time. Just make it only available to use in the "character Wardrobe"

Yes I understand that there are many weapons in the game but a revamp of the coding of each item wouldn't take that much work, just alittle time and considering the AMOUNT of people who really trully WANT this added, I in all hopes you have read this post and you rethink the future of Weapon/shield Wardrobe slots.
    the amount of people who want this is small, compared to the work that would be needed...It just isn't what you guys are talking about weapons have animations for each calling mages cannot cast rift disturbance because the animation is two arms out with daggers and mages can't obviously duel wield... the problem would arrise with the rogue trying to cast with a staff there isn't an animation for that. They would literally have to redo annimations for each class based on the weapon used and the skill used

not pleased since none of the rogue questions got answered

Rift Chaser

Glad to see that the dev team is keeping us in the loop. Thanks a lot guys for the post, it all sounds great.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 12-21-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy2000 View Post
    the amount of people who want this is small, compared to the work that would be needed...It just isn't what you guys are talking about weapons have animations for each calling mages cannot cast rift disturbance because the animation is two arms out with daggers and mages can't obviously duel wield... the problem would arrise with the rogue trying to cast with a staff there isn't an animation for that. They would literally have to redo annimations for each class based on the weapon used and the skill used
    that is very true to a point. that is why each item is character based and not all items are useable for each class and when coding it must remain the same. dagger for dagger, staff for staff etc. the "only" exception is the unusual items such as the flower, candy cane vanity weapons etc. they need to be coded differently to where they are labelled as a base item, used by any class and coded to when changed to that look on any weapon. its not that tough to do and yes like all things takes time to do. it "can" be done. btw, you obviously have not paid attention on the forum or in game. many have posted about this and 99% of the people use the wardrobe and would use the weapon wardrobe slot if added.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mammothtruk View Post
    not pleased since none of the rogue questions got answered
    Given the historical way the rogue community has acted, I wouldn't have answered them. And I say this as someone who loves to play rogue.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given the historical way the rogue community has acted, I wouldn't have answered them. And I say this as someone who loves to play rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Hah, I think I have one character with maybe 15 PA levels. That's the most.
    /10charqweqew

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    /10charqweqew
    Yeah, the character with those PA levels is a rogue. One of my several rogues.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast