+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Developer Q&A - Planar Attunement Respec, Upcoming Gear Changes & More!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alessar View Post
    Hm, I thought if such a feature went in, it would strictly be type-for-type. In other words, I want to cover my ugly shield up with a prettier shield, or have my ugly staff that just looks like a dead stick be replaced by the Light of Meridian with its glowy top. You guys may be overthinking this feature.
    Yeah, but this implies having to have wardrobe slots per weapon type, roughly, since people can swap weapons and that changes what they've got equipped.

I'd be fine with wardrobe slots per 1h/2h/shield/totem/offhand category; you can disguise a staff as a hammer, but not as a dagger. Clerics get shield and totem slots, rogues and warriors get shield and offhand slots, mages just get a totem slot. And everyone gets both a MH weapon slot and a 2H slot. So it shows the wardrobe items corresponding to your current equipped types.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Lol.

By that definition any wardrobe items in the first place is a "major waste" because it doesn't add anything to the mechanics of the game.
    Many of us like "Appearances" We do not look at the game mechanics one bit when asking for anything that gives us a different look and it is NOT a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Yeah, but this implies having to have wardrobe slots per weapon type, roughly, since people can swap weapons and that changes what they've got equipped.
    As I suggested: Just make it only available to use in the "character Wardrobe"

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    Many of us like "Appearances" We do not look at the game mechanics one bit when asking for anything that gives us a different look and it is NOT a waste.
    Hi. I'm one of the people that are actually in favour of custom appearances. It would be nice if you would read my posts properly and not mistake me for someone who is actually campaigning against custom weapon skins. My post was actually pointing out the silliness of the criticism my initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Lol.

By that definition any wardrobe items in the first place is a "major waste" because it doesn't add anything to the mechanics of the game.
    No I'm pretty sure you cast with mh/ohs staffs ect out and melee with them too. Soooo yeah not a waste.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kutiel View Post
    No I'm pretty sure you cast with mh/ohs staffs ect out and melee with them too. Soooo yeah not a waste.
    Reality check : the wardrobe items that currently exist are all replacements for items that appear in armour slots. You do not "use" your armour at any point. Thus the degree of functionality is comparable with the degree of functionality that a wand has.

Believe it or not, some people might actually like to stand around in the faction town with a wand of their choosing out, just like people stand around in the faction town with their favourite wardrobe appearance. Thus, the wand and existing wardrobe slots are niether a waste to implement.

And if you wish to be pedantic, if the devs have gone to the trouble of coding custom weapon skins into the game, adding a separate slot for wands becomes a trivial addition in terms of additional effort required and at no point could it ever be a "massive" waste. Thus your objection was stupid right from the outset.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Soze View Post
    I can't comprehend why someone thinks it is a good idea to punish people who worked to get better gear by making their opponents magically harder all of a sudden. What is the incentive to get better gear? You could really ruin aspects of the game depending how you implement that (horrible) idea.
    I agree! So working hard to get gear that allows me to sometimes be able to close major rifts within the time limits will now go back to being impossible to get past the first timer. That's a brilliant idea.

This alone would make me stop playing--what works well about Rift is that I can log on and immediately do a whole host of things, all of which help progress my character. by denying the ability to close major (and possibly minor depending on implementation) you remove an entire arm of what a solo character can do when a player is waiting for a guild event or when a player doesn't have the time to invest in something potentially longer like a T2 with a PUG.

I cannot fathom why you'd do something like that--for crafting rifts alone, sure it sorta makes sense--as with a raid opening them, they can close almost instantly. But my argument would be, so what? Don't create or join an entire raid to do crafting rifts--why not just do them with a group or just a partner--you'll have time to tag them if you're just a single group.

i wanna smack a guardian in the face with my candy cane i dream about it at night ty for the updates trion its awesome how you guys are so involved with the game community

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

You have a point about the scaling-with-gear. Maybe that should be conditional on more people being present, too. That, and/or have it scale only SOME with gear, so that gearing up makes you more comparatively powerful, just not quite as much.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

No, sorry the wands don't stay showing they switch back theres no reason for a wardrobe slot for wands. Hell, they're so tiny you can't even see them. :|
    Last edited by Kutiel; 12-21-2011 at 03:29 PM.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Edit: nevermind, what i posted was already discussed in this thread.
    Last edited by Byona; 12-21-2011 at 03:29 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Default Trion please read

I really want you to read this and understand what I am about to offer.

Many people want the Wardrobe slot for weapons and shields so I am offering my total amount of free time I have, instead of playing the game and be a tester on the test server for the entire weapon/shield designs you have, including all effects the currently effect the changing of weapons/shields.

I am very happy with this game and plan on staying. I do not care how many weeks/months/years it takes for the Wardrobe slot to be added, I will give up all my free time to help get the coding right for each and every item in game to have it available for all players. This is not a joke, I am very serious and will commit to this with anything you need me to do.

Rift Master

Thanks for the good summary

But honestly - iam missing a commment about one of the for sure most asked / suggested / discussed topics - Playerhouses and / or Guildhalls - any comments on that ?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kutiel View Post
    No, sorry the wands don't stay showing they switch back theres no reason for a wardrobe slot for wands. Hell, they're so tiny you can't even see them. :|
    I got bored waiting for this supposed "auto-switch" after 5 minutes. My cleric is still standing in meridian with the wand showing. So, sorry, but actually I was right and you were wrong.

The only problem I see is the comment about gear being made better. Wait..wut? So, some scrub in Dhel's Furious gear is going to have comparable stats than my hard-earned Rasmolov's set? Why not make more ways to get Greater marks so people still have to work to get the gear?
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast