+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Developer Q&A - Planar Attunement Respec, Upcoming Gear Changes & More!

Thank you for this. I know some players are concerned about bumping up the stats on non-HK raider armor but this happens in every MMO. Once new raid content is out, the old raid content either gets nerfed or everyone gets such a boost that the old raid content is not as challenging anymore.

Plane Touched

Nerfing a boss is normal inflating gear across the board except the best gear is just silly.

Overriding a weapons appearance is much trickier then changing the appearance of a helmet or a pair of boots.
    Really???? You really said that... wow...

I can't comprehend why someone thinks it is a good idea to punish people who worked to get better gear by making their opponents magically harder all of a sudden. What is the incentive to get better gear? You could really ruin aspects of the game depending how you implement that (horrible) idea.
    Yeah its like wtf ????
    Last edited by HairyBrogan; 12-21-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy2000 View Post
    It doesn't change my issue.
    When you make your title Planar attunment respec the contents of your post should contain more than one sentence about the subject.
    I'm sorry, I thought your question was:

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy2000 View Post
    You never actually answered if we were going to get a planar attunement reset...

Quote Originally Posted by Alessar View Post
    Hm, I thought if such a feature went in, it would strictly be type-for-type. In other words, I want to cover my ugly shield up with a prettier shield, or have my ugly staff that just looks like a dead stick be replaced by the Light of Meridian with its glowy top. You guys may be overthinking this feature.

Overall great info! Thanks!
    by all that is reason i totally agree with you. it can be done just takes fine tuned, like all things. please reconsider the weapon wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    What that means is still being defined but to start things off were proud to announce that weddings will be making their way to Telara. Youll have the dress, rings, and even an instance with a ceremony if you decide to use it!

& cannot wait for PA respec, wonder how it will function

Plane Touched

Well, I love everything other than the attunement respec. I hope it is at least quite expensive.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aryus View Post
    Well, I love everything other than the attunement respec. I hope it is at least quite expensive.
    or a once per month thing

Soulwalker

Default AH/Crafting

Sure would be nice if runes were also searchable by slot

So we're going to get weddings but.. you can't do weapon wardrobes? Of all the useless fluff I can think of that is the highest level of useless.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Plane Walker

Chronicles and the latest World Events have awesome looking costume weapons, but no wardrobe slot for them are there plans to allow you to change the look of your weapon through the wardrobe feature?

Adding Wardrobe weapon slots is a topic that comes up pretty frequently around the office. That being said we wont be adding them in the near future =( Overriding a weapons appearance is much trickier then changing the appearance of a helmet or a pair of boots. It effects the players animations since not all weapons support all animations, as well as being a key indicator to what type of opponent you are facing in PVP. As such its not quite as easy to just toss in as people might assume.
    Honestly, this is giving the devs a problem?

Just give every class a particular slot for every type of item they can use. A rogue would get a ranged weapon slot, a dagger slot, a mace slot, an axe slot and a sword slot. A cleric would get a mace slot, a dagger slot, a shield slot and a wand slot. A warrior would get a shield slot, a 1 hand sword slot, a 2 hand sword slot, etc.

Then you put the custom skin that you want to use IN THAT slot. So only a 2 hander can be put in the 2 hander weapon slot. So when the warrior with his 2 hander skin uses a sword and shield, unless he has custom skins for those items as well, his weapons will use their default skin. The 2 hander skin will only be loaded while the warrior uses a 2 handed weapon.

It's really not that complicated to implement is it?

No wand slots. You can't even cast with a wand out so that is a major waste.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post

Chronicles and the latest World Events have awesome looking costume weapons, but no wardrobe slot for them are there plans to allow you to change the look of your weapon through the wardrobe feature?

Adding Wardrobe weapon slots is a topic that comes up pretty frequently around the office. That being said we wont be adding them in the near future =( Overriding a weapons appearance is much trickier then changing the appearance of a helmet or a pair of boots. It effects the players animations since not all weapons support all animations, as well as being a key indicator to what type of opponent you are facing in PVP. As such its not quite as easy to just toss in as people might assume.
    I agree it can be tricky but thats all in the coding of each particular item. A simple base word for each item when coding can be used to signify and identify each item when used that coincides with each particular item in question.

Shields themselves are the most simple of coding, Weapons I see the issue your are speaking of, like when you add visual effects to the weapon like a glow, that it would conflict with the appearance or cause a player to crash when the item in question does not agree with the coding. If any item used to change the appearance like a glow, stat adding effects of a glow or similar effects, I suggest a coding to prevent the players from adding it to the Main character screen, with a simple warning in red as shown on the screen when we try working with other items in question that are not allowed or cannot be done at that time. Just make it only available to use in the "character Wardrobe"

Yes I understand that there are many weapons in the game but a revamp of the coding of each item wouldn't take that much work, just alittle time and considering the AMOUNT of people who really trully WANT this added, I in all hopes you have read this post and you rethink the future of Weapon/shield Wardrobe slots.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aryus View Post
    Wile I don't think PA resets are realy needed. I just don't understand why some people get all up in arms against them. It's not like they're taking anything away from you.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kutiel View Post
    No wand slots. You can't even cast with a wand out so that is a major waste.
    Lol.

By that definition any wardrobe items in the first place is a "major waste" because it doesn't add anything to the mechanics of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    I agree it can be tricky but thats all in the coding of each particular item. A simple base word for each item when coding can be used to signify and identify each item when used that coincides with each particular item in question.

Shields themselves are the most simple of coding, Weapons I see the issue your are speaking of, like when you add visual effects to the weapon like a glow, that it would conflict with the appearance or cause a player to crash when the item in question does not agree with the coding. If any item used to change the appearance like a glow, stat adding effects of a glow or similar effects, I suggest a coding to prevent the players from adding it to the Main character screen, with a simple warning in red as shown on the screen when we try working with other items in question that are not allowed or cannot be done at that time. Just make it only available to use in the "character Wardrobe"

Yes I understand that there are many weapons in the game but a revamp of the coding of each item wouldn't take that much work, just alittle time and considering the AMOUNT of people who really trully WANT this added, I in all hopes you have read this post and you rethink the future of Weapon/shield Wardrobe slots.
    "Forgot to add" When it comes to unusual items like the flower weapon, candy cane etc etc, Coding used as "Universal" to where anyone can use. That way no issues with arming it with visual effects are an issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast