+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: is Scott Hartsman still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    SH is a saint. With that much responsibility, to stay cheerful wherever he pokes his head publicly, you guys must take some kind of "Anti-Grumpiness" drug of sorts.
    Seems pretty straightforward. Trion's been letting him and his people do what they want to do. This is an MMO where the devs really do get a voice in what the MMO is like; it's not being handed down to them from on high. That'll make any developer's day. Add in the multiple awards they've gotten for doing just that...

Vindication is one of the ultimate anti-grumpy drugs.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    He is making sure the game will die completely before he posts anything or future plans..

Oh wait!

They are too busy adding RP weddings and fluff items instead of fixing the insane amount of problems this game already has.

3rd most populated server in Europe with less than 500 people online during raid times and "server merges arent needed" neither fixing debuffs in raids and so many other things.

Sometimes i dont understand why i am still playing this game.
    things you deem are not fixed or actual problem? a complete list of actual problems would be nice. post them up before flamming on every post you make. screenshots, links and real quotes excepted. thanks
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 12-20-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Hey

Thanks for the concern -- Replying with a real quick proof-of-life: What Elrar said.

Still here, not going anywhere, the vast majority of my time remains focused squarely on RIFT. There's just a lot more RIFT around the world to be focused on.

Since the letters take huge uninterrupted blocks of time spread out over a few days, I haven't gotten to the next one as quickly as I'd like to, either.

That'll likely be a combination holiday project and new year's resolution wrapped into one. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Darn that Daglar - always breaking into my secret files!

Scott is very much alive and busy - we just released RIFT in Russia, working on Korea, and not to mention he's also an important part of the teams for End of Nations and Defiance, our two other titles.

We've got a Dev Q/A coming out likely tomorrow that we've been putting together over the past week based on questions we see most frequently from different parts of the community.

We're hard at work at 1.7 and beyond - expect to start seeing more on PTS and from us early next year

Cheers,

Edit - Rastaah, I will neither confirm or deny this suggestion.

Hah! My prediction of "early January" looks good.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hartsman View Post
    Hey

Thanks for the concern -- Replying with a real quick proof-of-life: What Elrar said.

Still here, not going anywhere, the vast majority of my time remains focused squarely on RIFT. There's just a lot more RIFT around the world to be focused on.

Since the letters take huge uninterrupted blocks of time spread out over a few days, I haven't gotten to the next one as quickly as I'd like to, either.

That'll likely be a combination holiday project and new year's resolution wrapped into one. Deal?
    I love you, Scott.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hartsman View Post
    Replying with a real quick proof-of-life: What Elrar said.
    Elrar, get off Hartsman's account. You can't fool us!

Yay everyone is alive! When are you going to unleash Yulegon upon us? I wanna beat him like a pinata for loot! Everyone's a winner!

Ascendant

Awesome!!! Great to hear Scotty is alive and well and that the Student hazing committee did not finally do him in I think we need a new item in the game as trash loot "A letter from Scotty".

Great to hear that it will be coming early January, sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by riftfanboi View Post
    A Naga stole his bike.
    lmfao, best post I've seen on rift forums in a while
    Retired from the forums. Enjoy some dubstep.
    100 Likes Received, 55 Likes Given, 7 Infractions, 4 Warnings, 3 forum bans. OOPS.

This thread makes me feel important.

Next up... HEY GOD, WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS PLANET EARTH?
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I don’t know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don’t want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    This thread makes me feel important.

Next up... HEY GOD, WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS PLANET EARTH?
    This is my busy season , ask Scott

God

Elrar beat me too it. Scott doesn't have the job he had with SoE which was simply EQ2s senior producer, that is more Gersh. He is Trion's creative director so he is responsible for the direction of all the games. The push into Russia and the planned push into Korea lso take an insane amount of attention due to the more intense localization. They don't even use the same alphabet as the west so it takes a lot more effort.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Plane Touched

Well I guess there is more money to be made in Russia and Korea from RIFT than there is in the states at this point.

While we're at it, hey Scott, have you considered adding some more Tartagons into the game? I believe everyone wants to know.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    While we're at it, hey Scott, have you considered adding some more Tartagons into the game? I believe everyone wants to know.
    There will be the ones from the Russian and Korean collectors editions. 10 bucks each
    Last edited by TGWarlock; 12-20-2011 at 06:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast