+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: No more silly nonsense Trion, plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    You're a mean one... Mista Grinch...

HAHAHAHA! What she said..^

I personally don't mind such things at all as long as the "epicness" is also ther; meaning the candy canes and santa hats won't bother me, but if it was at the full expense of other things it would suck. However I didn't get that feeling with the Yule event thingy...though the presents during the rifts was nearly too much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    RIP Chopsticks!

...I will remember this...Trion saying "So...we realized we put a hair model into the game we didn't mean to, and we realize that you guys have been using it for like months, but after careful consideration we decided upon our plan to remove it. First we will pull it, undocumented, unmentioned, and unexplained. Then we will ignore or deny all /reports on it being missing and redirect everyone into limbo until such time has passed that we can feel comfortable saying "You can't expect us to change it back NOW can you?""

It will stand as an example to me of how Trion will "deal" with "fixing" what wasn't a "problem" to begin with and then hide behind some malarkey excuse...

So long as I can get some Yule whiskey at some point I can handle the presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    HAHAHAHA! What she said..^

I personally don't mind such things at all as long as the "epicness" is also ther; meaning the candy canes and santa hats won't bother me, but if it was at the full expense of other things it would suck. However I didn't get that feeling with the Yule event thingy...though the presents during the rifts was nearly too much...
    Yeah, the first "Yule" (i.e. cheesy Xmas) Rift I saw I almost dropped my keyboard, too much cheesy imho.

Look, I'm NOT against the holidays, so why not just have it snow in Telara and have arctic themed Rifts, not snowmen and christmas gifts under a christmas tree.

Create some cool, new snow creatures to fight. I like their abominable snowman, it's a pretty cool lookin' yeti type creature, so why not continue in that vain and create more arctic type monsters to spawn out of some snow Rifts?

Speaking of silly nonsense,,I've gotta change my siggy,,,
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by Xomic View Post
    I don't mind some silliness, but I don't think the event was a good idea.
    They did because of the QQ threads on the forums about nothing for Halloween (and there weren't even very many).
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 12-10-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpc View Post
    i bet swtor wont do silly X-mas stuff lol, i dont see GW2 doing it either, rift is just a fun game to play for like 5 min then you log off
    Did you ever even play GW?
    I will bet you they have costumes available at launch for GW2.
    Also you have to admit, the GW costumes were freakin awesome!
    Rainment of the lich https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/St...36&item_id=255
    Grenth https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/St...93&item_id=161
    &
    Agent of balthazar https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/St...87&item_id=317
    are sweet.
    Last edited by mortaug; 12-10-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Trion, don't you DARE add fun/silly holiday stuff during the holidays! BLASPHEMY!

This game is SERIOUS business!

I point the op to my sig.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpc View Post
    i bet swtor wont do silly X-mas stuff lol, i dont see GW2 doing it either, rift is just a fun game to play for like 5 min then you log off
    If my lightsaber isn't covered in tinsel, they won't be getting my subscription!!
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

When LOTRO added seasonal festivities, it certainly lost none of its epicness. But then LOTRO has Hobbits, and any game with Hobbits has to have some light-heartedness in the mix. However, LOTRO did not utilize Santa or the Easter Bunny, etc. Perhaps Rift just needs to provide a context for Yule and any upcoming festivals, and though the Santa-themed stuff is cute, not sure it's quite right for Telera.

Seasonal and other festivities fit easily into any time frame and on any world. But for the sake of immersion, they need to make contextual sense. It's hard to say that seasonal events make sense in pretty much any game since most (including LOTRO) do not have seasons. There, we are expected to suspend disbelief. But given what lore we have, Santa, the Easter Bunny, and other such modern icons pretty much violate sense in Rift- indeed in any game not set in modern times on Earth. Rift could keep many of the holiday trappings with which we are familiar, but with its own unique icons, and be perfectly believable.
    Last edited by Shattered; 12-10-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Morguloth View Post
    That's the problem, it's lost the serious, epic feel it had back in beta,
    I don't know that I'd agree on either end of this; I think it had some silly all along, and I think it's still got plenty of serious and epic.

it's literally being dumbed down and made into a cute ball of sillyness.
    I can't comprehend what the word "literally" is doing here. I am fine with some silly stuff in games. Life's like that. Things are silly sometimes.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

People were complaining there are no holidays, Trion said there are constant events that cover the need for it, but people said holidays aren't like regular events, that they are special.
    Trion then said that it's really stupid and wrong, that the point of holidays is to make special events to break the routine, and they do it with world events, but people continued to ask for it.

Trion then realized it might make them some publicity and money, so they've made a christmas holiday.

If you have any complaints, don't direct them at Trion.
    Direct them at your "friends" who kept asking for it.

Myself, I like everything, from world events, through holidays, and even the cuteness of my eth female's nose.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I don't know that I'd agree on either end of this; I think it had some silly all along, and I think it's still got plenty of serious and epic.
    On the Guardian side, you can't go through Silverwood and do the quests with Scotty and still think the game is all epic and serious... as for Defiants, they give the Ascended hero from the future a magic net and send him out to catch flaming squirrels...

For me it doesn't feel overly ridiculous. A full month for it might be a bit much, but then again the currency rewards kinda demands a long timespan. Rift's always had a bit of silly to go along with the serious. I mean have you even read some of the artifact set names etc?
    The /chicken emote is a parody of a tv-show as well (Youtube video here ). As long as it's not overdone - and really, it isn't. They could have made this much, much, much worse - then it's fine really.

Of course it does stall the main plot with the world events, which kind of sucks. So I hope it's not going to be something for each holiday/specialday thingy.
    Last edited by Alyn; 12-12-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate content (religion)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast