Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hotbar Snob

Default Hotbar Snob

Yup that's me hotbar snob what I mean is I am very particular about how my bars are arranged and have my cast orders set. I haven't been able to find any info about how swapping will work for the UI. I would prefer that I can save a hotbar load for each soul swap has anyone with hands on seen how this works?

Also if I swap to a soul but change how I put in my points I am unsure of the logistics don't think it would be to fun to swap mid instance and say "Hey guys hold on gotta set up my bars right" . I would be ok with autofill as long as I can move stuff around without too much hassle.

I believe they've stated that it will save your loadouts/hotbar setups. Should work like WoW's dual spec if you're familiar with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Massabik View Post
    I believe they've stated that it will save your loadouts/hotbar setups. Should work like WoW's dual spec if you're familiar with it.
    Nice. I'm a bit of a hotbar snob as well; sounds good!

I think you needn't worry, they did state somewhere that it will save your settings. Also from what can be read and seen in the videos the UI seems well made.

I can't live without a good hotbar setup. I like some on the left and right sides and a few on the bottom. That would be ideal.

I'd also like the ability to save UI setup (including window/hotbar locations) to be used/synced across characters. I tend to make a lot of changes to the default UI and one thing I hate about rolling an alt in most games is having to tweak my UI setup to match that of my main.

As I said in this thread, I really want a flexible UI where I can move everything, and toggle on/off any component.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadili View Post
    Yup that's me hotbar snob what I mean is I am very particular about how my bars are arranged and have my cast orders set. I haven't been able to find any info about how swapping will work for the UI. I would prefer that I can save a hotbar load for each soul swap has anyone with hands on seen how this works?

Also if I swap to a soul but change how I put in my points I am unsure of the logistics don't think it would be to fun to swap mid instance and say "Hey guys hold on gotta set up my bars right" . I would be ok with autofill as long as I can move stuff around without too much hassle.
    Sorry I wasn't talking really about how the UI setup is really but how skills will fill in after a soul swap. Sorry if I was unclear but just wondering mostly about how I can make sure my cast orders are right not about customizing the UI itself. If anyone knows would be appreciated. Although I would love a UI I can play with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Massabik View Post
    I believe this is the case as well.

It would be rather strange for hotbars not to save and having to switch abilities every time. That would be fairly time consuming if I imagine it that way.

Hope you can save and scroll through the different saved hotbars. I am one for having many different set ups for different occasions!

Trion needs to load up the Bartender UI Mod for WoW and just copy/paste.

It's the most intuitive and flexible hotbar mod I've ever used. For example, to set keybindings you go into "edit" mode then just mouse over the button and press the key you want bound to it.

Keybindings should also save per soul build - as per dual-talent builds in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ware View Post
    I'd also like the ability to save UI setup (including window/hotbar locations) to be used/synced across characters. I tend to make a lot of changes to the default UI and one thing I hate about rolling an alt in most games is having to tweak my UI setup to match that of my main.

And to that I say: "Amen!"

Also, keybinding should be segregated PER CHARACTER. I.e. I'd want "F" to be autoattack on my melee character but I may want "F" to be something entirely on another archetype character.
    I've never been able to get that true distinguishment in other games.
    Last edited by Zephirius; 08-30-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirius View Post
    And to that I say: "Amen!"

Also, keybinding should be segregated. I.e. I'd want "F" to be autoattack on my melee character but I may want "F" to be something entirely on another archetype character.
    I've never been able to get that true distinguishment in other games.
    I know exactly what you mean.

For me (in Vanguard) "F" is my fast heal on my healers, and 'Fear' for my Necro

To do that I just need the different spells on the same button of the hotbar. So you're really mapping "F" to that hotbar button, not to a specific ability/spell.

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

I am very picky about the setup of my hotbars, and will often spend a great deal of time organizing them. Once I have my hotbars set, they tend to stay set, sometimes for years if I get no new abilities that compel me to rearrange them.

I just hope that there aren't so many spells and clickies that we're required to have too many hotbars to store them all. I believe in Vanguard I had to use 9 hotbars. It was just rediculous:

That VG screenshot is amazing! Talk about a very cluttered screen.

I'm a fan of the minimalist look to be honest.
    Played: EQ, DAOC, EQ2, Vanguard, CoH, WoW, Saga of Ryzom, Lord of the Rings, Tabula Rasa, Aion, AoC and Warhammer Online
    Current: None

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast