+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rift character profile for all, here we go!

Thumbs up Rift character profile for all, here we go!

The character profile at Magelo gets bigger! More features and the manual edition are now available

What’s new in the Profile?
    • PvP view with PvP kills, Favor and Prestige rank.
    • Planar attunement view with the total points spent and an export option to the planar calculator.
    • Achievements view with the summary of your achievements earned per category (PvE progression is coming soon).
    • All the statistics have been reviewed to handle many details (augment stats, item set bonuses, planar bonuses)
    • Item sets and Crafted items with augment tooltips are now exactly as ingame (number of currently equipped pieces, granted item set bonuses, statistics coming from augment, augment name appended,…)
    Check out Kamjin's profile for example or click on my signature below to see my rogue - Ya I know I have to work on it...

How to get started?
    From now on you can add your character manually on your Magelo account. So everyone can have a character profile!

Simply register if you don’t have a Magelo account yet and go to the My characters page to fill a quick form to add your character instantly.
    Then click on the Edit link to provide all the information required about your character (identity, roles, equipment, planar attunement,…).

This is fun, easy and anyone can do it So let’s start now and show your cool character profiles here!

We worked many weeks on those new features and we would love some feedback! A bug, a suggestion, a “great guys, I love it!”,… anything is welcome!
    Last edited by Jelan; 11-25-2011 at 12:47 AM.

This is excellent work, I always love the Magelo character profiles. One suggestion I'd make though which I believe would increase usage of the site is to allow some privacy options on your characters. I know this is THE big reason people have against Trion doing their own public Armory and was also the major criticism against the WoW one, lack of options.

What I would suggest is you should add the following privacy options:

1. Private - you can log in to Magelo and see your own details but they're hidden from all other users.
    2. Friends - anybody with a Magelo account who you have authorized can see your details.
    3. Guild - anybody who you have authorized OR has a character in guild can see your details.
    4. Public - anybody can see your details without logging in. (Default)

Up to you whether you'd make the settings account-wide or character specific but it would be important to tie the Guild permission to the guild that character was in.

I honestly think that almost everybody likes the idea of an 'Armory' but a lot of people have concerns about privacy (there are a number of threads about this on these forums), whether or not we agree with these concerns are another matter entirely but it's clear that people have them. If you were to enable these privacy options I think you'd see your Rift character database grow exponentially. At the moment I don't see a huge number of characters uploaded (although admittedly it's certainly growing).
    Last edited by RangerRob; 11-25-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks for the kind words RangerBob !

And I agree with you regarding the privacy options. Right now we do have a kinda semi private option that let your turn your profile private so it does not show up on the website and has private url as well so that only people you give the url to can access it.

We will work on a privacy update soon to provide the granularity of privacy you are suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelan View Post
    We will work on a privacy update soon to provide the granularity of privacy you are suggesting.
    Great news. Also, I was wondering about the status of the Magelo iPhone App you guys were working on? I seem to remember reading about it some time ago but I've not heard anything recently. That would be another really awesome addition which I'd personally use a lot and I know a lot of others would like it too.
    Last edited by RangerRob; 11-25-2011 at 09:19 AM.

I'm working on building one now and i notice on my mage:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/profile/Greybriar/Shhhh

It shows attack power instead of spellpower? And If theres a missing item from the database how do we submit a missing item (flamerune band - ring)? Also the planar attunement is showing some variable issues for levels required, attunement of [LANE], etc.

Thanks and wow has magelo has came a long way since eq1
    Last edited by Shhhh; 11-25-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Update: it's now showing spellpower.. Maybe that updated once i filled in a soul tree role? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    I'm working on building one now and i notice on my mage:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/profile/Greybriar/Shhhh

It shows attack power instead of spellpower? And If theres a missing item from the database how do we submit a missing item (flamerune band - ring)? Also the planar attunement is showing some variable issues for levels required, attunement of [LANE], etc.

Thanks and wow has magelo has came a long way since eq1
    Ya, always start with your soultree build, the profile will use this to determine which stats to show. As for new items, right now we are relying on Trion Rift Discoveries data, I will check if they have provided a new one and will update our database asap.

As for the planar glitch, it's fixed !

Have fun and I am glad you like it so far

Item database updated, you should be able to equip your flamerune band just fine now.

Do you guys still charge for the profile?
    Even free cost too much now

very nice!

Been using Magelo since way back in my EQ days. Always been a great site, and the signatures are very nice IMO.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Neet site, however, it wont let me add my character to my account. It says someone has already used my name? Pretty sure i'm the only Boom on Keenblade..........
    Retired from raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Do you guys still charge for the profile?
    We never charged for the profile ! To support our website, we do have a premium membership as we dont believe/rely on ads, which among other things let you update your profile automatically but there is nothing that prevent one from building it manually for free. The difference is that before, the manual edition was not ready and the only way to get a profile was to be premium or get the trial, given the false sense that the profile itself was not free.

So just to recap, we do not charge for the profile, anyone can have as many profiles as they want, covering all their roles and all their characters, there is no restriction whatsoever.

Have fun and don't be shy, let us see your characters and your beautiful signatures !

Quote Originally Posted by Jaserion View Post
    very nice!
    Thanks, but where is your signature, we dont see it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Been using Magelo since way back in my EQ days. Always been a great site, and the signatures are very nice IMO.
    Glad you like it and welcome back Have fun with the sig maker, there are plenty of customization options to choose from and over 200 background images as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Neet site, however, it wont let me add my character to my account. It says someone has already used my name? Pretty sure i'm the only Boom on Keenblade..........
    It means someone created a character on the same server with your name already... To claim it, you just have to use Magelo Sync, it's an easy and quick process.
    Last edited by Jelan; 11-25-2011 at 09:39 PM.

It's still only usable for premium users, I see.

Every character I have is already "taken," unless I pay.

Shame. Magelo used to be awesome for EQ1.

Pay to use? Bonk that. While I get it costs to run it, it's really not worth it unless your off looking for a guild and want to link people your gear.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast