Closed Thread

Thread: Source Cores

Soulwalker

Default Source Cores

So I am closing in on finally dinging 50!

So far I am really enjoying rift. I am now trying to figure out the best way to use source cores. Not to clear on where/price to purchase them. What stats to go for with them (i.e resists). Should i get one with 1 great 3 lesser, so on and so forth.

Also, do you need one for each one of your "roles".

I looked around but couldnt find a up to date guide in regards to source cores. Any help or just a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by varthan View Post
    So I am closing in on finally dinging 50!

So far I am really enjoying rift. I am now trying to figure out the best way to use source cores. Not to clear on where/price to purchase them. What stats to go for with them (i.e resists). Should i get one with 1 great 3 lesser, so on and so forth.

Also, do you need one for each one of your "roles".

I looked around but couldnt find a up to date guide in regards to source cores. Any help or just a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Would help to know your class...faction
    Last edited by synrgy; 11-07-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Buy a 6-slot one, should come from your main planar goods vendor. Not sure where the smelly Defiants buy them, but it should be in the middle of your capital.

What to put in it depends on your class and role. Generally it's better to just use 6 lessers (lessers can be put in a greater slot FYI) but some souls have very good greaters available. Also if you're a healer, it's probably going to be better to put shield greaters (Frozen Deep One Tear and Hailstone Tideshard) in there.

You can probably use one for any DPS roles (unless any of them need a specific greater) but you'll need a different one for tanking and healing if you do them.

Champion of Telara

Source Cores are one of the hardest parts of gearing up in Rift. Either you go full-on pro and customize numerous cores to match the content, specs, roles, ect ect -- or you pick a job and make a pseudo half-way decent core.

I.E. any Tank worth their salt will want lots of various cores for resistance. Any cleric will need a core for Healing, a core for DPS, and then potentially many cores for tanking. Rogues may want a Bard core with a healing essence and attack power stats, or DPS cores with specific greater essences designed to enhance abilities from various souls.

There are many ways to customize your source cores. Your best bet is to start with your primary focus, and talk with friends/guild mates who can better help you setup your core.

You buy essences with Inscribed Sourcestones from the rift faction vendors inside your major city. You can get Inscribed Sourcestones from major/minor zone events, daily raid rifts, expert rifts, randomly on normal level 48+ rifts, and from the weekly "participate in 4 events" quest. The quest givers are in your major city where the sourcestones are sold.

You can also get essences as loot from Raid Rifts and Expert Rifts, and blue/green essences can often be purchased from the auction house.

Soulwalker

Wow. Thanks for the quick responses.

So i was right about having to have a different core for each main role.

I asked in guild and got 10 different answers, so i guess its time to find a new guild!

And to the one guy who asked. I am a 48 Defiant Cleric. Currently have three roles DPS heals and tank.
    Last edited by varthan; 11-07-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Closed Thread