+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too late now but IMHO soul system gives too much freedom

Telaran

Default Too late now but IMHO soul system gives too much freedom

Before playing beta I was under the impression that you picked 3 souls and only 3 souls from a calling. All your roles had to use those exact same 3 souls.

However, the reality is you can pick any 3 souls for each role.

There is no individuality here.

And worse there will be an "expectation" that every player from calling will be able to fill all possible roles.

It's fine imo. There still will be a lot of individuality as a predominant Marksman build is very different from, for example, a predominant Assassin build. People will still specialize, but also have the freedom to explore their base class fully should they want to. It just adds more depth and options. I also am very pleased I won't have to grind through 50 levels on several characters from the same base class just to try different soul combos.

Check this out: http://www.facebook.com/video/video....omments&ref=mf

I think it's cool!

You contradict yourself. Your title states there is too much freedom, then your post states that there is no individuality. Doesnt freedom give us the choice to be individual or follow the crowd?

Sure, there may (at some future time) be a forum which states the best set up for a certain role, but it is every player's choice as to whether they should follow or forge their own spec.
    Last edited by Pipilie; 01-15-2011 at 06:10 AM.

I doubt you'll be expected to know how to play every role. Most groups will say looking for dps/tank/heals and they'll take you based on that. Will there be times when they can't find a tank and clerics are abundant and they ask if any cleric or rogue can tank that is already in the group? Sure, but all you have to do is say no and that's the end of it. If you're getting kicked for not being able to tank/dps efficiently on a cleric then you're probably with people you don't want to play with anyhow.

I love the fact that we don't have to worry about a warrior on to tank, or a cleric on to heal, or a mage/rogue to dps. Because mages can heal/dps (and maybe pet tank, that's yet to be known), rogues and clerics can tank/dps/heal (rogues would need help but bard heals are ok), and tanks can dps.

I know I'll have fun tanking as a rifstalker on the rogue when my guild needs it and the freedom of the roles each archtype can fulfill on a moments notice is half the reason I was drawn to this game.

+ Reply to Thread