+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guild Spotlight -- Sacred Haven

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Guild Spotlight -- Sacred Haven

We've just posted a new guild spotlight featuring Sacred Haven from Greybriar.

Check it out on the Community Blog and use this thread for discussion!

Thanks to the folks at Sacred Haven for sharing their story with us.

Default Thank you for featuring our guild!

I just wanted to say a little bit about myself, the Sacred Haven guild, and Sarcoth.

I've known Sarcoth since we were kids, about 20+ years now. We had a mutual interest in role-playing games such as pen-and-paper Dungeons and Dragons (which we still play today via webcam!) and, coincidentally enough, another pen-and-paper game called Rift (no relation). Loved RPGs on Nintendo playing Dragon Warrior and Ultima and Final Fantasy.

When we got to our college years, he introduced me to Bulletin Board Services (we played Red Dragon Inn and Trade Wars a lot). He introduced me to something called IRC and text based MUDs which I thought were AWESOME back in the day.

After college, he showed me this cool game called Meridian 59. While I was intrigued, it actually cost money to play! WHAT!?!?! Blasphemy!!! Who ever heard of such a thing? Actually, I think you had to pay by the hour back then, so $$$ added up. I did not play Meridian, but I would hang out and watch him snuff out PKers (Player Killers, players who killed other players. Before PvP term was coined). Back then, the guild name was Paladin’s Sacred Haven.

When Ultima Online came out, I joined the guild and game then. Convinced that paying $10 a month isn’t such a big deal anymore. Some people from Meridian ported over. Some real life friends joined us. We shortened the name of Sacred Haven (thus, no longer requiring people to be or play as “paladins”). Hunting down PKers continued (Corp Por!). Chose the name Kiron as my main character, and copied that name to every game since. Kiron was a name I “borrowed” off an old share-ware computer game. The kind that came on a 5 ¼ inch floppy disk. I wish I could remember the name of the game. Wanted a generic name. The type of name that could fit any type of character.

Then came EverQuest. Played and raided in that game for a very long time. Started as a Paladin, wasn’t my style. Went to Cleric and loved it. Who knew it was a cash cow (someone wants to pay ne 100 plat to rez them? Yes please). Sold my account (shhh, don’t tell) because I got bored. Got bored of not playing, so re-subbed and re-leveled another Cleric (Kiiron).

Eventually quit again, tried other games like Asheron’s Call, Star Wars Galaxies, and CoH. Nothing really held my attention like EQ. Plus the fact that my guild and friends were still playing it.

The guild tried out DaoC as well. Had a good run. Pretty fun times there. But another game that just didn’t last or hold up for us.

Then EQ2 and WoW came out. Guild pretty much split as half really liked the look of WoW and the other half were Sony and EQ fans. I really wanted to do WoW, but I stuck my Sarcoth and joined him in EQ2. It was fun. Different. Levelled up to max level. Just did not hold my attention. Switched to WoW, had a lot of fun back in the day. Quit WoW a few times, went back a few times. Re-leveled various toons.

The guild eventually moved to Vanguard. At the time, my PC could not run it. I never really got into Vanguard unfortunately. I was kinda psyched to play a Mentalist as I like the psionic type classes (from D&D).

So a few years passed since I played any MMO with the guild. I kept up here and there with the guild’s progression in Vanguard. Watched them drop many foes and raid bosses, none of which meant anything to me as I was not familiar with it. Saw a lot of new names and faces I had not recognized before.

So one day, Sarcoth mentions this new game Rift. People from the guild have been talking about it a lot lately. Sounds like guild may be moving there. I figure, what the heck, let me check it out. I did my research, liked what I saw, and was very excited to be reunited with my old guild again.

Although I was very excited to play Rift and was counting down the days until launch, I was MOST excited about re-joining my online family and having new adventures in a new land with them.

So that is all I wanted to say.
    "Yeah, I'm on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen!"

Soulwalker

Default Thanks Zann

this is Tuon from Sacred Haven, first i would like to thank Zann for the great post/spotlight review. I have been a member of Sacred Haven since 2009. First joining when I played Vanguard:Saga of Heroes. My guild merged with Sacred Haven while i was deployed to Iraq. Upon return i was welcomed with open arms to my new family. Even though i rare get to raid, that is not frowned upon. I have never seen any cliques in this guild either. Which tends to be a problem with other guilds. To sum up what i am trying to say, I am a happy and satisfied member of what i believe to be the best guild in any game.

Tuon, Daughter of the Nine Moons
    50 Rogue
    Sacred Haven
    <Greybriar>

Plane Walker

This was great. I only wish there was more space- there's obviously a lot more to tell. The real story though, is the people.

Feel free to contact myself- Zorus, or Sarcoth in game for more information.

Sounds like a really really awesome guild. From the posts by Kiiron and Razorblossum and from the article itself, it actually kinda makes me a little sad I didn't roll Guardian. Either way, congrats on the spotlight. From the sounds of things, you all deserve it
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Thanks for the acknowledgement Vyxagallanxchi (yeah, I had to copy/paste that )
    "Yeah, I'm on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen!"

Soulwalker

Thank you for the spotlight, Trion!

I've only been a member of Sacred Haven since Rift beta. My brother Zorus told me there was this awesome game I should ditch WoW for, and by the way he had an awesome guild and I should apply. He was right, on both accounts. I'm delighted to be a part of such a friendly, active guild. I happily call my guildyfolk my friends.

-N

I remember you lot from Vanguard. Hope you're all doing well.

Plane Walker

I wanted to add my own story here, as I am co-leader with Sarcoth and a few people have asked me about it. I started online gaming with Asheron's Call beta, and continued to play that game for just over a year. I had my own guild there (though guilds were different in that game, more like a pyramid for exp), which reached about 200 member, before I handed it off to another person and joined EQ1. I liked it, but it didnt last long, because I had to retire from gaming in order to graduate from college.

I joined Sacred Haven with the Beta for Vanguard. I progressed from member to officer and then, when Sarcoth had to leave the game for real life reasons, I took over as leader in his absence. I am very proud of our Vanguard longevity, we continued to progress right up until we moved over to RIFT, which I did in alpha testing. Originally the move to RIFT was to be a small one, just a few of our closest friends in the guild coming over to form a raiding group and have a good time. Sacred Haven, however, has too much history for that to be plausible.

As the number of returning members grew, and Sarcoth was able to return to co-lead with me (thank the gods, or I would have drowned with over 100 members at launch), we embraced the RIFT family. Recently we have opened our doors for recruitment, looking for the right members to join our group.

We've come a long way, and the future, I'm happy to say, looks bright. See you online.

Z

This is Zarkayne from Sacred Haven.
    Thanks to Trion for posting this!

I originally joined RIFT a few months back and ended up switching to the Greybriar server with 3 of my friends who subbed to RIFT with me. I made a post on the forums that my friends and I were looking for a casual raiding guild, and was contacted by Zorus. I'm glad we joined them! Besides the abundant supply of cake, our players aren't just all about raiding (my youtube channel in sig says it all ). That being said, I like progression at the same time, and we are on our way to HK soon.

Greybriar is the best server as well. This guy named Punisher is sooooooo sexay.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Sounds like a really really awesome guild. From the posts by Kiiron and Razorblossum and from the article itself, it actually kinda makes me a little sad I didn't roll Guardian. Either way, congrats on the spotlight. From the sounds of things, you all deserve it
    Thanks for the kind words. I bet with a name like that ("10,000 Nuns and Orphans" - sorry, that's a gratuitous stream-of-consciousness free-association reference SELF-interruption for which I am (in)famous) you probably played a Druid in EQ ;) (makes it much easier to avoid tells for "SOWmePlz!" or "can you port me to XXXX", etc. Well played Sir, well played.)
    Last edited by Varsuuk; 11-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

So this is why I've seen an odd influx of Guardians (and some defiant) to the shard!

Grats you all at Sacred Haven for getting the Guild Spotlight.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 11-15-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    --BC

Soulwalker

Thanks Trion!

Thanks for the spotlight Trion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast